Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking: Blackout Lifted « previous next »
Page: 1 2

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
: December 06, 2012, 01:04:39 PM

@RCummingsTBO: The Bucs game against the Eagles will be shown on local TV in Tampa this week. Second time this yaer the blackout has been lifted

Espn.com

There will be a rare event in Tampa Bay on Sunday.

The Buccaneers will have a home game broadcast live on local television. The team just announced it has met the 85-percent threshold to lift the blackout of the game with Philadelphia.

Thats only the second time this has happened this season (the other was when the Saints came to town) and only the fourth time since the start of the 2010 season.

The Eagles normally are a good draw in Tampa Bay, but their disappointing season probably isnt drawing a large amount of transplanted fans. I think this one has more to do with the fact the Bucs are in the playoff hunt and they also are honoring their Super Bowl championship team.

A limited number of tickets remain.
RECOMMEND0TWEET1COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
: December 06, 2012, 01:14:39 PM baybuc35

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 06, 2012, 01:05:45 PM

@HolderStephen: With big crowd expected this week vs #Eagles, blackout has been lifted for #Bucs game.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 06, 2012, 01:33:37 PM

Hey hey, whaddyou know..... We get to watch a game in a stadium we paid for!

Hoooorayyy!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 06, 2012, 02:56:16 PM

So you have to buy a ticket to watch a game in the stadium you were forced to pay for? Sounds like a government deal to me.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 06, 2012, 03:11:55 PM

Thanks for the update BayBuc, was looking for something on this for a while. What a golden opportunity, this team cannot lose this one. We've got to go out and win big!

El Diablo

Starter

#5 : December 06, 2012, 03:37:49 PM

I have that box in my office.. Love it!

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#6 : December 06, 2012, 06:45:14 PM

Now that the "casual fans" can see the game hopefully the Bucs put on a good show for them to keep them coming back.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 06, 2012, 07:42:11 PM

I think this one has more to do with the fact the Bucs are in the playoff hunt and they also are honoring their Super Bowl championship team.

Wrong! 1/3 of the stadium will be filled with Eagle fans. Take that to the bank. This team could be undefeated right now and most locals would be too broke or too lazy to go.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 06, 2012, 07:53:18 PM

@HolderStephen: With big crowd expected this week vs #Eagles, blackout has been lifted for #Bucs game.

Damn well should be lifted , especially since they dropped the ball last week and blacked out a game that was nearly sold out.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 06, 2012, 08:41:29 PM

I think this one has more to do with the fact the Bucs are in the playoff hunt and they also are honoring their Super Bowl championship team.

Wrong! 1/3 of the stadium will be filled with Eagle fans. Take that to the bank. This team could be undefeated right now and most locals would be too broke or too lazy to go.

WRONG!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 06, 2012, 08:41:53 PM

Now that the "casual fans" can see the game hopefully the Bucs put on a good show for them to keep them coming back.

::)

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#11 : December 07, 2012, 06:56:07 AM

Damn well should be lifted , especially since they dropped the ball last week and blacked out a game that was nearly sold out.

That game didn't sell enough tickets to be on TV.   Nobody dropped the ball.   

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 07, 2012, 07:48:44 AM

That game didn't sell enough tickets to be on TV.   Nobody dropped the ball.   

They did , but it was with the walk up crowd. The Bucs could have bought a few hundred tickets just to get it to 85% and it probably would have been a sellout with the walk up. That stadium was full 2 weeks ago, I don't care what anyone says. Which means somewhere along the line were screwed - be it by a technicality in the rule , or fuzzy math. All I know is that game should have been televised.

The deadline is stupid by the way. All it takes for the network to lift a blackout is the pushing of a button . I don't care if they don't hit 85% until 5 minutes before kickoff , it should be on TV. No need for a deadline.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : December 07, 2012, 10:10:46 AM

You do realize the walk up crowd was because the game was blacked out don't you?   If it had been on TV, no way do that many people buy tickets.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 07, 2012, 01:14:37 PM

I doubt that there is a huge number of people that walk up and buy tickets from the team because of the blackout
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking: Blackout Lifted « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools