Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent CB 2013 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

kylel6901

Starter

: December 06, 2012, 06:04:08 PM

I was listening to the radio and the topic was 2013 Free Agent CB. I know we are most likely taking a CB in the first round of the draft next year and perhaps the 2nd round as well. But in the event we lose Biggers and cut Wright at the end of the year due to his contract breach of suspension and we only draft one CB in the draft, which CB do you like most out of the following choices given there price demands?

Brent Grimes- $$$
Chris Houston- $$
Mike Jenkins- $

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#1 : December 06, 2012, 06:09:27 PM

Grimes is coming off an injury so that's scary, and the other 2 are not great but are upgrades from what is currently on the roster. I think Dominik is kicking himself for letting ATL pull off the Asante Samuel trade. When that trade made more sense for the Bucs.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

kylel6901

Starter

#2 : December 06, 2012, 06:16:24 PM

Yea I just think if there is some way to draft either Milliner, Amerson, Rhodes or Banks in the first whoever is best at the availability of the pick take, then if Eric Reid is available in the second round perhaps take him there and sign a Free agent CB like Houston to upgrade the secondary. Would look much better having Reid, Barron, Banks, Johnson, Houston, Gaitor and perhaps Barber if he comes back again...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 06, 2012, 06:18:11 PM

We aren't going to sign a #1, but if we can sign a #2, draft and #1, and have Gaitor, Johnson, and Biggers as our depth.....we should be good.

Possible #2's in FA.

Brent Grimes
Chris Houston
Mike Jenkins
Chris Carr
Kelvin Hayden
Marcus Trufant
Tracy Porter
Cary Williams
Quentin Jammer
AJ Jefferson

Doesn't have to be a long term fix either, so an older guy could be an option. Only #1 guy up to be a FA is Derrel Revis, but I wouldn't touch him. He's getting old, gonna cost a fortune, coming off injury, and he's a pain in the ars diva that holds out every other year.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 06, 2012, 06:27:38 PM

We aren't going to sign a #1, but if we can sign a #2, draft and #1, and have Gaitor, Johnson, and Biggers as our depth.....we should be good.

Possible #2's in FA.

Brent Grimes
Chris Houston
Mike Jenkins
Chris Carr
Kelvin Hayden
Marcus Trufant
Tracy Porter
Cary Williams
Quentin Jammer
AJ Jefferson

Doesn't have to be a long term fix either, so an older guy could be an option. Only #1 guy up to be a FA is Derrel Revis, but I wouldn't touch him. He's getting old, gonna cost a fortune, coming off injury, and he's a pain in the ars diva that holds out every other year.
I looked at this list a few weeks ago and don't feel any better about those players now than I did then.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 06, 2012, 06:29:17 PM

Sign a mid tier FA  and draft one in the first.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 06, 2012, 06:31:59 PM

It was incredibly stupid not to have drafted Mo.  Now we are two drafts minimum away from fixing this mess.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 06, 2012, 06:32:09 PM

I'd sign DRC out of the 2013 FA CBs.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 06, 2012, 06:32:55 PM

Sign a good free agent CB.. Draft a pass rusher in the first and take a CB in the second round.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 06, 2012, 06:33:07 PM

Possible #2's in FA.

Brent Grimes
Chris Houston
Mike Jenkins
Chris Carr
Kelvin Hayden
Marcus Trufant
Tracy Porter
Cary Williams
Quentin Jammer
AJ Jefferson

Revis is not a FA. He just signed a contract last season.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 06, 2012, 06:33:45 PM

It was incredibly stupid not to have drafted Mo.  Now we are two drafts minimum away from fixing this mess.
Then we wouldn't have Doug or Lavonte. We did alright.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 06, 2012, 06:35:29 PM

I like Tracy Porter, he's still young, and he's always making plays. He always has some kind of injury issue though, and the Broncos aren't likely to let him get away.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 06, 2012, 06:40:40 PM

why couldn't we still have David, we had a high 2nd.  And we could have traded up for Martin still.  There is always a way.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 06, 2012, 06:47:34 PM

why couldn't we still have David, we had a high 2nd.  And we could have traded up for Martin still.  There is always a way.
And Martn has only had three 100 yard games all season. There are other players you could give the ball to for 55 yards.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 06, 2012, 06:49:35 PM

True.  1st round RBs not good value.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent CB 2013 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools