Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent CB 2013 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #15 : December 06, 2012, 07:33:51 PM »

We aren't going to sign a #1, but if we can sign a #2, draft and #1, and have Gaitor, Johnson, and Biggers as our depth.....we should be good.

Possible #2's in FA.

Brent Grimes
Chris Houston
Mike Jenkins
Chris Carr
Kelvin Hayden
Marcus Trufant
Tracy Porter
Cary Williams
Quentin Jammer
AJ Jefferson

Doesn't have to be a long term fix either, so an older guy could be an option. Only #1 guy up to be a FA is Derrel Revis, but I wouldn't touch him. He's getting old, gonna cost a fortune, coming off injury, and he's a pain in the ars diva that holds out every other year.
Mike Jenkins is a suitable #2 coverage wise but he doesn't offer any run support ability. So I don't think Schiano will want him. Chris Houston is actually pretty good though. Houston is an above average #1 and a very good #2 CB in the NFL. Your list is missing Derek Cox from the Jaguars - a very good CB as well. If we can get Cox and a nickel guy like Cary Williams - our secondary should suffice.

HolyBuc

Starter
« #16 : December 06, 2012, 07:39:26 PM »

It was incredibly stupid not to have drafted Mo.  Now we are two drafts minimum away from fixing this mess.
Then we wouldn't have Doug or Lavonte. We did alright.
why couldn't we still have David, we had a high 2nd.  And we could have traded up for Martin still.  There is always a way.
And Martn has only had three 100 yard games all season. There are other players you could give the ball to for 55 yards.
You're correct there are TWO other players in the whole league that have more rushing yards than Martin.  We should probably completely ignore total yards, cause that makes Martin look like an All-Pro.

We should cut Wright and use that cash on Sean Smith (Dolphins) who can play man coverage.   Jake Long may get tagged and that would leave Smith ripe for the picking. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #17 : December 06, 2012, 07:57:49 PM »

And Martn has only had three 100 yard games all season.

Martin has over 100 yards in 8 out of 12 games...unless receiving yards suddenly don't count?

1400 yards and 10 TDs in 12 games.....I'm sure you're right. We could have plugged anyone in back there and got those kinda results.
« : December 06, 2012, 07:59:21 PM JDouble »

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #18 : December 06, 2012, 08:10:14 PM »

It was incredibly stupid not to have drafted Mo.  Now we are two drafts minimum away from fixing this mess.
Then we wouldn't have Doug or Lavonte. We did alright.

Moron Claiborne hasn't exactly been a slam dunk in Dallas.

"Updating a previous report, Dallas Cowboys CB Morris Claiborne has been targeted 39 times this season allowed 24 receptions, 306 yards and four touchdowns. Opposing quarterbacks are completing 61.5 percent of their passes against him. "
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Morris_Claiborne/2539836/cowboys-morris-claiborne-struggling-with-coverage

"Cowboys rookie CB Morris Claiborne was flagged for five penalties in the Week 10 win over the Eagles. Opponents are attacking Claiborne and avoiding Brandon Carr. "
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/49839263/

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #19 : December 06, 2012, 08:22:55 PM »

Sean Smith of the fish is a helluva good CB.  But they might tag him.  If he does hit the market Bucs should be all over that.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

nick777777

Starter
« #20 : December 06, 2012, 10:43:55 PM »

I personally think if we could get 2 good corners through free agency and the draft our team could make a run for the playoffs next year and might actually go far in the playoffs.  I like Tracy Porter ALOT.  Like the former poster said he is still young and coming into the rip age where corners start blossom.  I liked him the moment he had that interception in the superbowl to win it for the saints.  I wanted him before he signed with the Broncos.  He has speed and is a pretty solid number 2 cornerback.  I think we sign him and draft a soldi corner in the draft we will immediately upgrade our secondary which isn't to hard to do from where we are now.  After that I think we need a speed rusher and a penetrating DT and our defense will be solid. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #21 : December 06, 2012, 10:52:26 PM »

Sign a good free agent CB.. Draft a pass rusher in the first and take a CB in the second round.

Exactly. DRC in FA, and Amerson in the 2nd.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #22 : December 06, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »

We reached for the wrong Bama DB. I am curious to see how things would have been if we had taken Dre Kirkpatrick.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #23 : December 06, 2012, 11:02:07 PM »

Sean Smith of the fish is a helluva good CB.  If he does hit the market Bucs should be all over that.

agree

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

YReceiver14

Starter

« #24 : December 06, 2012, 11:02:48 PM »

Two Words:

Nnamdi Asomugha.

Listening to Philly radio, there's a chance he gets cut with the old regime.

Press coverage is supposedly his forte, and is what we insist on playing.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 06, 2012, 11:49:14 PM »

Two Words:

Nnamdi Asomugha.

I'd bring him in at the dscounted price. For whatever reason in Philly he dropped off, but I think a change of scenery would do him good.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #26 : December 07, 2012, 01:07:32 AM »

Scrabble is a aged corner. The downside is that he is only a stop-gap, meaning, he has only a couple servicable seasons left. Although, if you were talking of Scrabble grooming his replacement with a 1st round corner, I could get behind that idea.

Grimes is still an option. I've heard that it would be too costly for the bucs, but they'll have guys leaving,kicked, or traded before that deadline. Again, like vj, he would be too costly. However, the only real consern should be resigning freeman, after that, any expensive over priced free agent addition would be gravy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 07, 2012, 07:33:04 AM »

Two Words:

Nnamdi Asomugha.

I'd love that signing . Bad fit in philly , but he'd still be the best corner on this team by a longshot. He'd come at a reasonable price now also.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #28 : December 07, 2012, 07:40:21 AM »

We reached for the wrong Bama DB. I am curious to see how things would have been if we had taken Dre Kirkpatrick.

Tight hips and will have a ton of injuries.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #29 : December 07, 2012, 07:51:55 AM »

Two Words:

Nnamdi Asomugha.

Two words:

You serious?

That guy was overrated from the get off and has been a huge bust in Philly. It's not just that he hasn't been great and hasn't lived up to his giant contract...it's that he has flat out sucked and not lived up to a veteran minimum contract. Why on Earth would we want to sign a 32 year old CB that has been awful for the last two years?
« : December 07, 2012, 07:54:23 AM JDouble »

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent CB 2013 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools