Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde Barber... Bucs Defensive Player of the Year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hammerhead

Starter

: December 07, 2012, 11:38:10 AM

I know Lavonte David has been playing lights out at his position and leads the team in tackles but I'd make the case that Ronde deserves consideration as our Defensive team MVP at this juncture of the season. I love the intensity level he's been playing at, and his leadership, consistency and ball skills. All from a guy who was moved to a new position and is age 37. Amazing.  In addition, he has earned an offer of playing another year if he should so chose.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 07, 2012, 01:30:31 PM

I know Lavonte David has been playing lights out at his position and leads the team in tackles but I'd make the case that Ronde deserves consideration as our Defensive team MVP at this juncture of the season. I love the intensity level he's been playing at, and his leadership, consistency and ball skills. All from a guy who was moved to a new position and is age 37. Amazing.  In addition, he has earned an offer of playing another year if he should so chose.

Moving from CB to safety isn't like moving from CB for DT. Ronde has been playing very well but I think the biggest difference maker is David. He should be the Bucs Defensive MVP.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 07, 2012, 01:35:12 PM

Its been a treat to see Ronde play the way he has. One last glimpse at the good ole' days

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 07, 2012, 01:57:51 PM

I'm not sure the Bucs should award a defensive player of the year this season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 07, 2012, 02:03:09 PM

Why not?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 07, 2012, 02:13:46 PM

Why not?
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2012&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 07, 2012, 02:15:17 PM

I'm not sure the Bucs should award a defensive player of the year this season.

^truth^

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 07, 2012, 02:15:52 PM

I like David as our most fun to watch. Dude is flying around out there.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#8 : December 07, 2012, 02:16:21 PM

So ignore we consistently been number one is run defense this season. Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 07, 2012, 02:17:50 PM

So ignore we consistently been number one is run defense this season. Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

I love that were not getting run on but its a passing league now. You cant stop that then your **CENSORED** out of luck.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 07, 2012, 02:30:01 PM

I love that were not getting run on but its a passing league now. You cant stop that then your **CENSORED** out of luck.

Well yes and no. It's a passing league yet every offensive coach in the league knows they need to be able to run, even if it's not the primary goal. Even the genius Bill Belicheck has been committed to running this year. The difference is that when we shut the run down and force them to pass it hasn't mattered because our secondary is so so bad they can throw even when everyone in the stadium knows they are passing. If we had even marginal talent at CB, shutting the run down first and making them pass would be a huge huge defensive help.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 07, 2012, 02:46:48 PM

I must be missing all of the good plays from Barber this year.   Besides the few picks he has played poorly in my opinion.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 07, 2012, 02:50:23 PM

Well yes and no. It's a passing league yet every offensive coach in the league knows they need to be able to run, even if it's not the primary goal. Even the genius Bill Belicheck has been committed to running this year. The difference is that when we shut the run down and force them to pass it hasn't mattered because our secondary is so so bad they can throw even when everyone in the stadium knows they are passing. If we had even marginal talent at CB, shutting the run down first and making them pass would be a huge huge defensive help.

I just think its good to run and be good at stopping it, but if you cant stop the pass then your not going anywhere special.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 07, 2012, 02:54:05 PM

Ronde's leadership and knowledge has been quite valuable to us this season. Despite giving up a ton of receptions and yardage, we've kept EVERY game this season within reach. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 07, 2012, 03:05:03 PM

Ronde's leadership and knowledge has been quite valuable to us this season. Despite giving up a ton of receptions and yardage, we've kept EVERY game this season within reach.
Yeah, without Ronde we might have the #31 or #32 defense instead of #30. Whew.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde Barber... Bucs Defensive Player of the Year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools