Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defensive changes needed for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 11, 2012, 12:36:47 PM

BucD, it's worse than that - when we have a good game, there's a decent-sized group that decides it's a great time to point out the one or two guys who "ARE TERRIBLE AND SHOULD BE CUT IMMEDIATELY!!!!"

BucsWin31

Starter

#16 : December 11, 2012, 12:54:07 PM

EJ Biggers is trash, Lenard Johnson should be a third and L.Lewis should be 4th. We need to 2 QUALITY starting corners....maybe 3.

bucs63

Starter
#17 : December 11, 2012, 05:36:18 PM

GT, nicely stated.

I remember that when he arrived, everyone was worried he was Ground Chuck 2. Well, he isn't. I think he has a few core principles - things he think smart teams do - but he doesn't come across to me as someone who is married to a specific scheme.

I don't think he really underestimated NFL QBs as much as he overestimated what the Buc corners could do.
The coach does have some longstanding core principles, especially defensively. I wasn't trying to portray Schiano as unyielding. Rather that the scheme changes I'd look forward to would be rather minor, not major, changes. As you said, he's learned something about his corners and likely will make a serious push for legitimate staring caliber talent in the offseason. I'd have to believe that would make as much difference than any type of scheme change.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defensive changes needed for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools