Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Foundation!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 08, 2012, 02:30:23 PM

We would not have won with Shawn King or Rob Johnson under center so, by your criteria, Brad Johnson should be in that photo.

-------------------------------------------------------

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 08, 2012, 03:22:15 PM

If Brad Johnson wasn't irreplaceable - no one was on that team.  The bucs weren't going anywhere without him that year.  Can you imagine King or Rob Johnson leading the bucs against the niners, let alone the Eagles or Raider - I don't think so.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 08, 2012, 04:29:53 PM

We would not have won with Shawn King or Rob Johnson under center so, by your criteria, Brad Johnson should be in that photo.

He was a free agent though. Was there another free agent veteran QB we could have signed on or before 2002 to fill Brad's role ? I think probably so.

On the ther hand , the 4 guys I mentioned are hall of famers. None of which you could replace , because you rarely find HOF level players anywhere , and never on the open market.
: December 08, 2012, 04:35:05 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 08, 2012, 04:42:44 PM

What are you suggesting - a Rob Johnson clone - don't see that working out.  Brad was pretty accomplished physically - but the mental side that enabled him to run Gruden's system is what set him a part.  I really don't think there were such FAs 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 08, 2012, 05:31:54 PM

What are you suggesting - a Rob Johnson clone - don't see that working out.  Brad was pretty accomplished physically - but the mental side that enabled him to run Gruden's system is what set him a part.  I really don't think there were such FAs

Well , just taking a quick look at the free agent pool from  2000 and 2001 :

Don't laugh , but how about Trent Dilfer ? He had just led the Ravens to the superbowl in 2000 in a very similiar role : Caretaker backed by a great defense. Why couldn't he have done the same with us?

Another is Jay Fiedler . You may laugh at this one also , but lets compare  from 2001-2002 :

Brad Johnson : 35 TD passes in 32 games played.
Jay Fiedler:  34 TD passes in 27 games played.
I think we could possibly have got it done with him also.

Again , I think an argument can be made for Brad for sure , and I'm not trying to downplay what he did for us.  I personally would leave it with the 4 HOF'ers though .

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 08, 2012, 05:45:08 PM

I don't believe I have ever heard anyone say they wish Jay Feidler was the qb for the football team.  Not once.  And everyone is entitled to their opinion

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 08, 2012, 05:54:25 PM

I don't believe I have ever heard anyone say they wish Jay Feidler was the qb for the football team.  Not once.  And everyone is entitled to their opinion

...and you still haven't. We are simply talking about FA QB's of the time period who may have been decent enough to get the job done with one of the best defenses of all time to back them up.

I
: December 08, 2012, 05:56:47 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 08, 2012, 06:14:26 PM

Brad Johnson didn't have a great arm but he was a good leader...that's all they needed to get over the hump.....dont think Fiedler would compare well with Bull.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 08, 2012, 06:16:19 PM

...and you still haven't. We are simply talking about FA QB's of the time period who may have been decent enough to get the job done with one of the best defenses of all time to back them up.

I
Bucs said it about Brad when they went out and got Brad to be their QB. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 08, 2012, 08:03:06 PM

You can't call that the foundation without Ronde in there.

Of course you can.  The Bucs were #3 overall and #2 scoring defense before Barber ever started a game.

Looks like you have some REAL stats to back yourself up this time at least. Congrats.

I still consider Ronde part of the foundation of our superbowl run , because my criteria is not who came 1st , but who was irreplacable and who could we not have won it all without.

Ah, so your problem is you don't know what the word "foundation" means.  That explains it.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 08, 2012, 08:10:23 PM

You can't call that the foundation without Ronde in there.

Of course you can.  The Bucs were #3 overall and #2 scoring defense before Barber ever started a game.

Looks like you have some REAL stats to back yourself up this time at least. Congrats.

I still consider Ronde part of the foundation of our superbowl run , because my criteria is not who came 1st , but who was irreplacable and who could we not have won it all without.

Ah, so your problem is you don't know what the word "foundation" means.  That explains it.

Ah , so your problem is you take everything a little to literally ....like a simpleton. That explains it.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 08, 2012, 08:59:20 PM

Ah , so your problem is you take everything a little to literally

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Run from your stupidity all you like, but unfortunately it's in black and white for all to see.

couple posters get banned, but you're still here on the Red Board calling people stupid . . .

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 08, 2012, 10:46:48 PM

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Run from your stupidity all you like, but unfortunately it's in black and white for all to see.

couple posters get banned, but you're still here on the Red Board calling people stupid . . .

He will be next if history is any gauge...

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 09, 2012, 12:15:59 AM

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

He will be next if history is any gauge...

crazy thing is he is posting all kinds of crap about me down in the Cove.  I guess he assumes that PR doesnt check there so he will reign himself in (for a while) up here while still stalking down stairs. Angry guy

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 09, 2012, 09:47:52 AM

In other news....

RANDOM: Why is John Lynch always in the middle of the photos?

Here's the direct link in case it gets shrunken by the PR washing machine....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9ow3tNCIAAHHiE.jpg:large

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Foundation!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools