Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's most desperate teams « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: December 07, 2012, 11:43:41 PM

Minnesota Vikings among NFL's most desperate teams

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor     NFL.com
Published:  Dec. 7, 2012 at 08:55 p.m.

Every week in the NFL is important. Some are just more important than others. Here are the NFL teams most desperate for a win in Week 14.

We've reached the point of the season where almost every team angling for a playoff spot is desperate. Last week's list went 6-1, so consider that a good omen.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: With a few brutal road tests left on the schedule, the Bucs' playoff hopes essentially would end if they stumble at home against the Philadelphia Eagles. Quarterback Nick Foles finally gets to play a game out of the prime-time spotlight.

6-5. Washington Redskins, Baltimore Ravens: RG3's magical run the last three weeks would be undone by a home loss. The Ravens' chance for a bye and their regional pride would take a huge hit with a loss.

4-3: Dallas Cowboys, Cincinnati Bengals: I've been harassed for placing the Cowboys on the "desperate" list every week, but I'm not giving up. Jason Garrett is fighting for his job. The two AFC North-NFC East clashes this week will shape both conference's playoff races.

2. New York Giants: A home loss to the New Orleans Saints would be devastating with games against the Atlanta Falcons and Ravens next on the Giants' schedule. They'd suddenly be at risk of falling right out of the playoffs.

1. Minnesota Vikings: We already stuck a fork in them. Any hope for this surprise team, once 5-2, will be gone if they can't beat the Chicago Bears at home.

Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 08, 2012, 08:02:49 PM

I wouldn't exactly call the Bucs desperate.  Just win out and see where the chips fall.  If things don't pan out, they will come back stronger next season, with an improved Freeman, and Nicks, Clayborn and Joseph back healthy.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 08, 2012, 08:11:54 PM

Yea the window is just opening for the Bucs. Especially if the offense continues its success. Improve that defense and this team is a force.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's most desperate teams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools