Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zee Germinator highlights « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

: December 08, 2012, 09:26:36 PM

i know theres more than couple people here that love this kid. heres a sample of some of his highlights from this season. ended the season with 41tackles 18 for loss 13 sacks 7 passes batted 1 FF. took home ACC defensive player of the year, 1st team All ACC, 1st Team All American(will probably be consensus AA).

the music is fitting

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 08, 2012, 09:41:50 PM

Gonna be long gone when we pick.

Great player though.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 08, 2012, 09:53:59 PM

we dont even need to go drafting guys from out of state for the next two years. so many good players on the big three teams its ridiculous

this one hurts me alot but Sharriff Floyd wrecked FSU's oline this year. we need another DT like him. 2nd round?

next year we could get a real center and take Brandon Linder from Miami and another lavonte david type at linebacker in telvin smith

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 09, 2012, 08:49:17 AM

Bjorn wont be there when we pick.  Put up some Tank Carradine clips as a 2nd-3rd rd prospect(would be 1st rd if not injured).  Dont sleep on tank just because he is injured.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 09, 2012, 09:09:35 AM

Blitzkrieg !!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 09, 2012, 09:41:07 AM

Tank Carradine Highlights. it sucks terribly that he tore his ACl in the last game of the season. went from 1st round lock to probably 3rd round at best. somebody is going to get a steal when he comes back healthy. season stats 80 tackles 13.5 for loss 11 sacks 1 FF. 1st team All ACC honors

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 09, 2012, 10:57:36 AM

yeah I wish that we could get Werner and Rhodes

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 09, 2012, 11:32:10 AM

The kid that's lost in this discussion is the one who was FSU's best pass rusher, Brandon Jenkins, whom had a freak injury the 2nd game of the season and was out all year.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 09, 2012, 12:34:24 PM

Tank Carradine Highlights. it sucks terribly that he tore his ACl in the last game of the season. went from 1st round lock to probably 3rd round at best. somebody is going to get a steal when he comes back healthy. season stats 80 tackles 13.5 for loss 11 sacks 1 FF. 1st team All ACC honors

i hope we keep him in mind.  what a player he turned out to be.  stepped in for jenkins w/o missing a beat. admittedly he benefits from having Werner drawing so much attention but a fine player in his own right.

I saw someone above mention Rhodes.  I never thought he was as good as advertised.  Good athlete, great size for a NFL CB prospect but he just doesn't make nearly as many plays as his press clippings lead you to believe.  He'll be picked high, maybe even 1st rd but for my money if I'm taking a CB in 1st he needs to be more of a ball hawk.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 09, 2012, 01:09:15 PM

i hope we keep him in mind.  what a player he turned out to be.  stepped in for jenkins w/o missing a beat. admittedly he benefits from having Werner drawing so much attention but a fine player in his own right.

I saw someone above mention Rhodes.  I never thought he was as good as advertised.  Good athlete, great size for a NFL CB prospect but he just doesn't make nearly as many plays as his press clippings lead you to believe.  He'll be picked high, maybe even 1st rd but for my money if I'm taking a CB in 1st he needs to be more of a ball hawk.

because he just doesn't get as many passes thrown his way

he's the only one with shutdown corner potential in this draft

the other guys will make more big plays though

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 09, 2012, 01:52:37 PM

to be fair to rhodes all the qbs avoid him like the plague. why would you go after a guy who can shut down a receiver and is ultra dangerous? the kid will most likely be a 1st rounder with his resume and skillset. anyone that runs a press scheme will love his size and physicality. i dont think he'd fit our scheme all that well but he will be a good player for somebody

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 09, 2012, 02:08:32 PM

to be fair to rhodes all the qbs avoid him like the plague. why would you go after a guy who can shut down a receiver and is ultra dangerous? the kid will most likely be a 1st rounder with his resume and skillset. anyone that runs a press scheme will love his size and physicality. i dont think he'd fit our scheme all that well but he will be a good player for somebody

the Bucs do play a man press scheme

they just don't do it as often as they should because of the lack of talent at CB

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#12 : December 09, 2012, 02:21:16 PM

I like Rhodes. Not really a fan of Banks.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 09, 2012, 02:25:04 PM

the Bucs do play a man press scheme

they just don't do it as often as they should because of the lack of talent at CB

no we play a "let jason F'ing avant run wide open" scheme here.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 09, 2012, 02:46:03 PM

wow is that really the perception on him?  That he doesnt make plays because teams avoid him out of fear?   fear of what?  when they do throw over there its not like he is this beast ball hawk. i just dont see it.  IMO, he seems to get beat more often then a 1st rd prospect should.   He almost lost the GT game by himself last week.  he was lucky one wr inexplicably stepped out of bounds on a sure TD where rhodes looked like he didn't know where the ball was and he was badly beaten on what should have been another td but the fortunately the Gtech passing offense stinks. both of those go down as incompletions so no one talks about them.   
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zee Germinator highlights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools