Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zee Germinator highlights « previous next »
Page: 1 2

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 09, 2012, 03:13:57 PM

Tank Carradine Highlights. it sucks terribly that he tore his ACl in the last game of the season. went from 1st round lock to probably 3rd round at best. somebody is going to get a steal when he comes back healthy. season stats 80 tackles 13.5 for loss 11 sacks 1 FF. 1st team All ACC honors

i hope we keep him in mind.  what a player he turned out to be.  stepped in for jenkins w/o missing a beat. admittedly he benefits from having Werner drawing so much attention but a fine player in his own right.

I saw someone above mention Rhodes.  I never thought he was as good as advertised.  Good athlete, great size for a NFL CB prospect but he just doesn't make nearly as many plays as his press clippings lead you to believe.  He'll be picked high, maybe even 1st rd but for my money if I'm taking a CB in 1st he needs to be more of a ball hawk.

to be fair to rhodes all the qbs avoid him like the plague. why would you go after a guy who can shut down a receiver and is ultra dangerous? the kid will most likely be a 1st rounder with his resume and skillset. anyone that runs a press scheme will love his size and physicality. i dont think he'd fit our scheme all that well but he will be a good player for somebody

wow is that really the perception on him?  That he doesnt make plays because teams avoid him out of fear?   fear of what?  when they do throw over there its not like he is this beast ball hawk. i just dont see it.  IMO, he seems to get beat more often then a 1st rd prospect should.   He almost lost the GT game by himself last week.  he was lucky one wr inexplicably stepped out of bounds on a sure TD where rhodes looked like he didn't know where the ball was and he was badly beaten on what should have been another td but the fortunately the Gtech passing offense stinks. both of those go down as incompletions so no one talks about them.   

I have seen him give up passes to inferior talent, and he's noticeably susceptible to double moves and play action.

It's not about who makes the most plays in college though.

It's about what you will be like in the NFL, and just based on his physical ability and his good technique on press coverage, I would say that he's the best prospect.

The other guys may be a bit quicker and make more plays on the ball, but I just like what I imagine Rhodes to be with some coaching.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 09, 2012, 05:41:41 PM

fair enough.  i think he is a solid player but it really pisses me off when as you said, he is beaten by inferior talent.  he is a pretty good player, just not sure i want him in rd 1.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zee Germinator highlights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools