Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MADD says only 2 NFL teams use its program for players « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : December 09, 2012, 09:06:21 AM »

Commissioner Roger Goodell was "fed up with DUIs" in 2008 – as a league staffer told Mothers Against Drunk Driving when the league reached out to the organization that year – NFL teams haven't exactly embraced MADD in their efforts to fix the problem.

MADD CEO Debbie Weir says the 3-year-old partnership between the NFL and one of the nation's leading organizations in the fight against drunk driving consists primarily of game-day efforts to educate fans.

Of 32 NFL teams, only two – the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers – use MADD's services to educate players on the dangers of drunk driving, Weir says.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/12/08/madd-nfl-josh-brent-accident/1756059/

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 09, 2012, 09:17:10 AM »

Worked wonders for Eric Wright ....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #2 : December 09, 2012, 09:25:45 AM »

he's on his way out

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 09, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »

he's on his way out

I hope ....guy is a d-bag.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

« #4 : December 09, 2012, 10:03:02 AM »

It would be interesting to know when we started using them. Sounds like a Schiano kind of thing to do.

Ms Elam

Starter

« #5 : December 09, 2012, 11:07:38 AM »

he's on his way out

I hope ....guy is a d-bag.
A d-bag? No he's an overpaid d-bag

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 09, 2012, 11:50:58 AM »

so much hate.

danimal09

Starter

« #7 : December 09, 2012, 11:57:06 AM »

so much hate.

I agree. And somewhat unnecessary.

Wesmon

Second String

« #8 : December 09, 2012, 12:17:31 PM »

MADD is an extremist group with an agenda to bring us back to prohibition. No one should support or work with them.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 09, 2012, 12:40:08 PM »

so much hate.

I agree. And somewhat unnecessary.
+1

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 09, 2012, 12:41:44 PM »

It's a depressing conversation to have, drunk driving, and idiots will still do it

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Signed

Starter

« #11 : December 09, 2012, 12:50:16 PM »

MADD is an extremist group with an agenda to bring us back to prohibition. No one should support or work with them.

NFL already offers this service to players, it's up to the player to take responsibility and use it. No reason for an extremist group to be involved.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : December 09, 2012, 03:10:36 PM »

sounds extreme to me-

Mission Statement:
“The mission of Mothers Against Drunk Driving is to stop drunk driving, support the victims of this violent crime and prevent underage drinking.” 

Wesmon

Second String

« #13 : December 09, 2012, 03:17:28 PM »

sounds extreme to me-

Mission Statement:
“The mission of Mothers Against Drunk Driving is to stop drunk driving, support the victims of this violent crime and prevent underage drinking.”

Even the founder of the organization agrees they are way too extreme now, and she is no longer with them. They keep pushing for lower and lower BAC limits and they have pushed for ignition interlock devices for every driver, regardless of whether they have ever had a DUI. They even advocate taking children away from anyone who has taken a drink before driving.

Signed

Starter

« #14 : December 09, 2012, 03:28:01 PM »

sounds extreme to me-

Mission Statement:

Even the founder of the organization agrees they are way too extreme now, and she is no longer with them. They keep pushing for lower and lower BAC limits and they have pushed for ignition interlock devices for every driver, regardless of whether they have ever had a DUI. They even advocate taking children away from anyone who has taken a drink before driving.

Looking for this:

"It has become far more neo-prohibitionist than I had ever wanted or envisioned," said Mrs. Lightner, who founded MADD after her daughter was killed by a drunk driver. "I didn't start MADD to deal with alcohol. I started MADD to deal with the issue of drunk driving."
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MADD says only 2 NFL teams use its program for players « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools