Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Completely Sold Out. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #30 : December 09, 2012, 07:21:26 PM »

Congrats tampa.. Todays game is Completely Sold out..

Good marketing by the bucs.

the egg they laid broadcasted on local TV set back ticket sales 4-5 years -

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #31 : December 10, 2012, 12:43:40 AM »

If you actually believed in this team, that loss Sunday was perhaps the most gut wrenching loss in the history of this team.    Just a terrible defeat.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #32 : December 10, 2012, 12:47:36 AM »

Yeah maybe not 1, but definitely top 10 somewhere. The ticket impact is undeniable though.

In Verner We Trust

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #33 : December 10, 2012, 12:48:29 AM »

I totally agree with you on this.  The next time people on this board whine and cry about attendance, national perception, or national hatred of the Bucs, I'm going to simply put a link to this game in the thread and "This is the reason".

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #34 : December 10, 2012, 12:49:01 AM »

You think this team sells out the next home game?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #35 : December 10, 2012, 12:51:36 AM »

The Bucs aren't a good home team and all four home losses were bad, games that could have been won. That will kill sales through at least miss 2013.

In Verner We Trust

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #36 : December 10, 2012, 12:54:28 AM »

Only if the road team has a strong travelling fan base.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #37 : December 10, 2012, 02:09:21 AM »

I don't understand How some think this one game is going to hurt attendance next year. It was a great atmosphere
and people talk and read newspapers and internet. This team is 4th in scoring we've never had this many weapons fix the damn defense and the fans will be there. Some of you are unbelievable.
Go Bucs.

Java believe me I be watched this team in the late 80's and early 90's and this is much much better

3 games we lost on the last play of the game
 Last year we were losing by 20 points a game. 

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #38 : December 10, 2012, 02:17:40 AM »

Its the Rams so no on that.

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 10, 2012, 03:15:08 AM »

I don't understand How some think this one game is going to hurt attendance next year. It was a great atmosphere
and people talk and read newspapers and internet. This team is 4th in scoring we've never had this many weapons fix the damn defense and the fans will be there. Some of you are unbelievable.
Go Bucs.

Java believe me I be watched this team in the late 80's and early 90's and this is much much better

3 games we lost on the last play of the game
 Last year we were losing by 20 points a game.

Yes, they have improved, but people don't come to see improvements on a weekly basis, they come to see wins.

This game, for many, was considered to be an easy win. Funny how it sold out, right? Maybe Tampa fans aren't "bad," maybe they would rather see a bloodbath than a fair fight?

I get what you are saying though. There is deffinately talent. More than even gruden had to work with offensively. But we still aren't going to bring in the fair weather fans, which happen to be the only thing that will keep this team on tv, without defeating quality opponents in our own backyard. if there are little home game wins, as a fan, what is the point in showing up? People aren't going to be fans of failure.

This one stings very badly, in that once again you kinda-sorta earned their "trust" to deliver a win against a so-called inferior team, but blew it big time. Tampa, statistically had an advantage, they had home field advantage, they had their starting QB when the other team didn't... I mean, this was a huge letdown in a metric ton of ways.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #40 : December 10, 2012, 06:23:38 AM »

This game, for many, was considered to be an easy win. Funny how it sold out, right? Maybe Tampa fans aren't "bad," maybe they would rather see a bloodbath than a fair fight?

That had nothing to do with it.   It sold out because of Eagles fans taking a winter vacation in Tampa and the fact that the 2002 super bowl team had a special day.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #41 : December 10, 2012, 03:33:02 PM »

“The fans were unbelievable. I mean, you gotta giv’em credit. They were out here. At times I wasn’t sure who had more fans, us or them,” Eagles' Head Coach Andy Reid said about the Eagles' fans in  attendance at Raymond James Stadium Sunday.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #42 : December 10, 2012, 03:36:29 PM »

you should have cheered harder Morgan.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #43 : December 10, 2012, 03:38:15 PM »

No more for me. Internet feeds and radio for blacked out games after the STL game.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #44 : December 10, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »

That had nothing to do with it.   It sold out because of Eagles fans taking a winter vacation in Tampa and the fact that the 2002 super bowl team had a special day.
It sold out because of Gruden.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Completely Sold Out. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools