Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: no one to blame but our secondary « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

freddy

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 09, 2012, 04:54:15 PM

Although the secondary does deserve it's fair blame, anyone who does not also recognize the O-line for it faults is only seeing half he picture. If the O-Line performed even to mediocre standards today we would have won straight up. Both units are injury ravaged and both have been at least equal blame in this loss. Although some people here tried to sell us on the second coming of god in Dotson, he was beaten today worse than a pinata at a birthday party. Larsen barely looks acceptable on a High School team. Zuttah is not a G and Meridith is acceptable depth but not much more. Both units are nothing like what we thought we had in preseason. But are failing the Bucs BIG time.

Gobucs991940

Second String
#16 : December 09, 2012, 04:55:06 PM

How the teammates and coaching staff can keep defending Leonard Johnson is beyond me. He plays CB like a blind man - never looks back to the QB.

cylobuc

Rookie
#17 : December 09, 2012, 05:11:58 PM

Johnson sucks. How do let the outside front corner of the end zone get that wide open.
And Baron just gets there to make a tackle after a catch. Has he made any plays lately?
Biggers sucks too.
When that last drive started I told my wife you watch the eagles will get a touchdown and we will lose. Sure enough.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 09, 2012, 05:12:57 PM

Although the secondary does deserve it's fair blame, anyone who does not also recognize the O-line for it faults is only seeing half he picture. If the O-Line performed even to mediocre standards today we would have won straight up. Both units are injury ravaged and both have been at least equal blame in this loss. Although some people here tried to sell us on the second coming of god in Dotson, he was beaten today worse than a pinata at a birthday party. Larsen barely looks acceptable on a High School team. Zuttah is not a G and Meridith is acceptable depth but not much more. Both units are nothing like what we thought we had in preseason. But are failing the Bucs BIG time.

We were up 21-10 late in the fourth quarter. What does the O-Line have to do with blowing that lead?

nick777777

Starter
#19 : December 09, 2012, 05:15:24 PM

first I have to question  the play calling, this coordinator does not know what prevent defense is, we have not played it all year.  Second why the heck is biggers still on the field.  I literally watched the play that got them to the 2 yard line from the snap, I said that wide receiver just made biggers look stupid.  Biggers would be alright if he knew how to get his head around on some plays, but honestly he needs to go.  He is a liability to this defense and does not make plays, in fact 9 out of 10 time the wide out makes him look like a fool.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 09, 2012, 05:15:27 PM

Freeman to blame for this loss. Period!!!!

freddy

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 09, 2012, 05:17:26 PM

We were up 21-10 late in the fourth quarter. What does the O-Line have to do with blowing that lead?

Hrmm. I wonder what making a few 1st downs would have done? Again, not denying blame with the secondary, but considering how the dedense had played up to that point, it should have been much more than 21-10.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#22 : December 09, 2012, 05:18:30 PM

TimBuc-  Actually if you watch that play a little more closely it was biggers who got completely turned around and let his guy run free down the seam.  If biggers is still on this team after this game, I do not know what the bucs are thinking anymore.

Well we have known that Biggers has sucked for years, so i don't even talk about him anymore. I stopped that last year.

Bottom line is it was easier for Barron coming forward to make that play. He reacts like he has brain lock or something. Almost like he is slow with maybe a learning disorder.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 09, 2012, 05:19:24 PM

TimBuc-  Actually if you watch that play a little more closely it was biggers who got completely turned around and let his guy run free down the seam.  If biggers is still on this team after this game, I do not know what the bucs are thinking anymore.

Well we have known that Biggers has sucked for years, so i don't even talk about him anymore. I stopped that last year.

Bottom line is it was easier for Barron coming forward to make that play. He reacts like he has brain lock or something. Almost like he is slow with maybe a learning disorder.

Biggers is the Trueblood of the secondary.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 09, 2012, 05:19:57 PM

Freeman to blame for this loss. Period!!!!

Wait... What???

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 09, 2012, 05:24:02 PM

It was Freeman's fault that they lost today.

Without question

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 09, 2012, 05:28:42 PM

Without question

It wasn't his fault...when you are up and the other team has no timeouts, with under 3 minutes to play, you should win the game.

Running Doug Martin 3 straight times (and when you have long down and distance) is insane!

If Freeman had a chance to pass for the first down and didn't get it done, then I'd agree with you.

nick777777

Starter
#27 : December 09, 2012, 05:30:58 PM

I think this lose was a full team lose.  Freeman came out and played horribly in the 1st half, he was a total different QB in the second half though.  As was Martin.   
I think coaches have to take the blame for this one as well.  Offensive cor.  needs to grow a pair and throw a pass on 3rd and 8.  You throw a high percentage pass such as a slant and take that risk.
Defensive cor.  needs the blame cause he was still throwing blitzes on the last drive.  Listen I'm all for playing aggresive but when a team is 60 yards out with no timeouts there is something called prevent defense.  You allow them to complete short routes, tackle them in bounds and let them try to march with 5 yard passes.  Our defense has not gone prevent all season. 
Biggers-  the guy was horrible all game.  If I am a QB I am finding him on the field and throwing to the receiver on him all game.  I promise you records would fall cause that guy can't cover worth a damn.
Our defensive line was good but did not step up when it needed to. 
This was an all around horrible game.  And to lose to a team that hadn't won in 8 straight games and had nothing to play for when you are playing for the playoffs is down right sickening.  It's loses like this when players start to doubt their coaches. 

youngone

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 09, 2012, 05:32:30 PM

Without question

It wasn't his fault...when you are up and the other team has no timeouts, with under 3 minutes to play, you should win the game.

Running Doug Martin 3 straight times (and when you have long down and distance) is insane!

If Freeman had a chance to pass for the first down and didn't get it done, then I'd agree with you.
Dude dont interrupt them bagging on the guy. It's not like when he left the field the team had the lead.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 09, 2012, 05:42:45 PM

At this point we'd probably be better off lining backup DLs on opposing WRs and just have them knock the WRs on the ground at every snap

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: no one to blame but our secondary « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools