Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: no one to blame but our secondary « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

youngone

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 09, 2012, 05:45:47 PM

At this point we'd probably be better off lining backup DLs on opposing WRs and just have them knock the WRs on the ground at every snap
Better than asking this group to cover anybody.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#31 : December 09, 2012, 05:48:04 PM

embarrassing

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#32 : December 09, 2012, 05:48:35 PM

It was Freeman's fault that they lost today.

Without question

It wasn't his fault...when you are up and the other team has no timeouts, with under 3 minutes to play, you should win the game.

Running Doug Martin 3 straight times (and when you have long down and distance) is insane!

If Freeman had a chance to pass for the first down and didn't get it done, then I'd agree with you.
Dude dont interrupt them bagging on the guy. It's not like when he left the field the team had the lead.

WTF are you talking about?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 09, 2012, 05:50:02 PM

Without question

It wasn't his fault...when you are up and the other team has no timeouts, with under 3 minutes to play, you should win the game.

Running Doug Martin 3 straight times (and when you have long down and distance) is insane!

If Freeman had a chance to pass for the first down and didn't get it done, then I'd agree with you.
Dude dont interrupt them bagging on the guy. It's not like when he left the field the team had the lead.

Or perhaps when your QB shows up for the whole game instead of the last 22.5 minutes... you wouldnt be in that position. i agree that **CENSORED** call on 3rd and 7 was no help though. Free probably overthrows the pass anyways though.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 09, 2012, 05:50:51 PM

Without question

WTF are you talking about?
I'm saying some jus want to blame free.. He gave us a lead and the secondary blew it by themselves.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 09, 2012, 05:54:50 PM

guys, no need to continue beating this dead horse.  our cbs are bad and everyone knows it.  what do you expect? when biggers and johnson are your starters with guys like gaiter, lewis and gore(not worth looking up proper spelling) behind them that looks more like a preseason lineup.  How may of these guys would realistically get signed elsewhere if we cut them tomorrow?  its is what it is.  nothing we can do but double up on it in the offseason.  draft one early and sign another in FA.

Jumper

Second String

#36 : December 09, 2012, 06:19:51 PM

I agree, but if there is good news it is that with some secondary help and a healthy oline this has the makings of a very solid team.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#37 : December 09, 2012, 06:27:00 PM

guys, no need to continue beating this dead horse.  our cbs are bad and everyone knows it.  what do you expect? when biggers and johnson are your starters with guys like gaiter, lewis and gore(not worth looking up proper spelling) behind them that looks more like a preseason lineup.  How may of these guys would realistically get signed elsewhere if we cut them tomorrow?  its is what it is.  nothing we can do but double up on it in the offseason.  draft one early and sign another in FA.

Ok, I agree too. I just hate waiting for another season to see if we can develop a secondary, when other teams are developing their young guys right now and playing fairly well.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 09, 2012, 07:14:47 PM

but we dont really have any good young guys to develop.   face it, we have a bunch of practice squad/guys off the street out there. Seriously, some of these guys will be coaching middle school PE this time next year.  They are doing all they can but the reality is they are simply overmatched.  Its the same deal (to a lesser extent)on the OL.  I'm amazed that we've been able to patch it together at CB and on the OL for this long.

utbuc

Second String

#39 : December 09, 2012, 07:50:31 PM

Our secondary sucks if we had better corners our record would be a lot different we need to sign one or two in free agency and draft a couple and let this whole group of corners walk

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 09, 2012, 07:58:30 PM

Our secondary sucks if we had better corners our record would be a lot different we need to sign one or two in free agency and draft a couple and let this whole group of corners walk

Had two different supposedly quality starters early in the year and they were getting torched then too. Granted the talent is less now but methinks Bill Sheridan needs a swift kick to the curb as soon as the season ends.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 09, 2012, 08:00:08 PM

Had two different supposedly quality starters early in the year and they were getting torched then too. Granted the talent is less now but methinks Bill Sheridan needs a swift kick to the curb as soon as the season ends.

quite possibly. we definately need someone who can coach DBs alot better than what we have now. we HAVE to draft a corner in the 1st and 2nd round. there are no choices. two rookies cannot be any worse than what we currently have

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 09, 2012, 08:01:36 PM

Easy there B - the emphasis should be on SUPPOSEDLY as neither Talib or Wright are much more than average - when they are playing well.  The bucs need CBs - and several of them - to play m2m this much, in this system

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 09, 2012, 08:05:24 PM

Easy there B - the emphasis should be on SUPPOSEDLY as neither Talib or Wright are much more than average - when they are playing well.  The bucs need CBs - and several of them - to play m2m this much, in this system

Fair enough. I'm certainly not saying the team doesnt need CBs... there is no doubt there. I do however really question scheme and play calling on this team with just how bad it is.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 09, 2012, 08:08:07 PM

And I am simply of the opinion the bucs started out with less than good Dbackfield, and found a way to get worse.  The trade of Talib wasn't beneficial for this year, the actions of Wright (who came with issues) wasn't a help.  Gotta be smarter next off season.  This group is what it is - an eyesore for the most part.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: no one to blame but our secondary « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools