Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: no one to blame but our secondary « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #45 : December 09, 2012, 08:11:39 PM »

And I am simply of the opinion the bucs started out with less than good Dbackfield, and found a way to get worse.  The trade of Talib wasn't beneficial for this year, the actions of Wright (who came with issues) wasn't a help.  Gotta be smarter next off season.  This group is what it is - an eyesore for the most part.

Agreed... don't forget the "actions" of Talib likely predicated the trade.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #46 : December 09, 2012, 08:32:01 PM »

Our secondary sucks if we had better corners our record would be a lot different we need to sign one or two in free agency and draft a couple and let this whole group of corners walk

Had two different supposedly quality starters early in the year and they were getting torched then too. Granted the talent is less now but methinks Bill Sheridan needs a swift kick to the curb as soon as the season ends.

Sheridan is calling the plays but I believe it is Schiano's scheme

utbuc

Second String

« #47 : December 09, 2012, 08:51:03 PM »

It might be the scheme but the scheme is not the reason that gorrer did not catch that ball when it hit him in the hands if he caught it game over. This bunch has had lots of missed tackles that went for big plays. They are undrafted and released by other teams for a reason maybe we will realize that and get better quality guys in here

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #48 : December 09, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »

Leonard Johnson, Danny Gorrer, EJ Biggers and Gaitor.

It's not their fault they are struggling. It's Dom's fault that they are even playing.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #49 : December 09, 2012, 08:54:51 PM »

It's not their fault they are struggling. It's Dom's fault that they are even playing.

That was clearly not the plan going into this year. And im pretty sure Gaitor was actually playing well and didnt finish the game. Not positive on him not finishing though.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #50 : December 09, 2012, 09:50:10 PM »

Obviously the defense can't be trusted anymore to finish games. Schiano needs to try and get first downs by taking some chances. Goal should be to keep the ball because too many teams have led last-minute drives to win games like Washington, Atlanta and now the hapless Eagles.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

« #51 : December 09, 2012, 09:58:53 PM »

That was clearly not the plan going into this year. And im pretty sure Gaitor was actually playing well and didnt finish the game. Not positive on him not finishing though.

I thought that he aggravated the hamstring when he batted that ball away on the sideline, which was a great play.

* Vince Jackson.png (77.86 kB, 300x168 - viewed 63 times.)

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #52 : December 09, 2012, 10:00:41 PM »

Gaitor was a bright spot while playing.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #53 : December 09, 2012, 10:04:09 PM »

biggers is a liability.  i dont mind him as maybe a dime corner but anything above that and he gets exposed.  that long pass down the seam where the guy was tackled at the 2 was all Biggers. 

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #54 : December 09, 2012, 10:04:56 PM »

There's plenty of people to blame, not just one player or one group.

Yea but you could put most of it on the secondary.

Depends on how you look at it.  Did today's secondary look like a rookie at SS who hasn't been anything to boast about since the end of September, a 37 year old FS, a 7th round pick (Biggers), a first year undrafted free agent (Johnson), an undrafted 4-yr vet playing for his 3rd team (Gorrer), a 7th round pick playing in his 9th game (Gaitor), and a 3rd round pick who's never really amounted to much (Lewis)?  I personally think with that pedigree they did pretty much as expected.  I'd put most, not all, of the secondary's blame on Dominik and Sheridan... not the players.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #55 : December 09, 2012, 10:43:38 PM »

Gorrer dropping that pick is just unbelievable.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #56 : December 09, 2012, 11:11:10 PM »

Depends on how you look at it.  Did today's secondary look like a rookie at SS who hasn't been anything to boast about since the end of September, a 37 year old FS, a 7th round pick (Biggers), a first year undrafted free agent (Johnson), an undrafted 4-yr vet playing for his 3rd team (Gorrer), a 7th round pick playing in his 9th game (Gaitor), and a 3rd round pick who's never really amounted to much (Lewis)?  I personally think with that pedigree they did pretty much as expected.  I'd put most, not all, of the secondary's blame on Dominik and Sheridan... not the players.

They played worse than they should have, even with that dubious pedigree.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #57 : December 09, 2012, 11:26:29 PM »

Here's the thing though... this corp has been quite consistent for about 2 months now, granted - they've been consistently bad, but consistent none-the-less.  That being said, the talent pool is essentially playing to it best caliber that they can.  So, it's more of the GM's fault for putting the team in this situation OR it's bad coaching.  Either way, it's less the players' fault as compared to the powers that be.

JohnBuc06

Starter
« #58 : December 09, 2012, 11:28:25 PM »

I actually put all the blame on Talib and Wright ...if those 2 boneheads could have kept from making such a stupid mistake with the Adderal (sp?) then they would still be here (Talib) and starting (both).  While I believe them to be nothing but average, average would be a huge upgrade over what we have now.  Biggers would be the nickel and the others would still be learning and not forced into action.  If we had those two together we might be looking at another couple of wins and still fighting for the playoffs.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #59 : December 09, 2012, 11:29:58 PM »

Here's the thing though... this corp has been quite consistent for about 2 months now, granted - they've been consistently bad, but consistent none-the-less.  That being said, the talent pool is essentially playing to it best caliber that they can.  So, it's more of the GM's fault for putting the team in this situation OR it's bad coaching.  Either way, it's less the players' fault as compared to the powers that be.

I don't think they are playing to the best level they can.  This isn't the first season of football I've watched, and over the years I've seen many teams have to patch their secondaries and sign guys off the street, and they get better results.  I think they are being poorly coached and misused.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: no one to blame but our secondary « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools