Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: no one to blame but our secondary « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#60 : December 09, 2012, 11:31:21 PM

agreed, this defense looks poorly coached.   egglets were playing without several starters on offense today

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#61 : December 09, 2012, 11:39:58 PM

There's plenty of people to blame, not just one player or one group.

Yea but you could put most of it on the secondary.

Depends on how you look at it.  Did today's secondary look like a rookie at SS who hasn't been anything to boast about since the end of September, a 37 year old FS, a 7th round pick (Biggers), a first year undrafted free agent (Johnson), an undrafted 4-yr vet playing for his 3rd team (Gorrer), a 7th round pick playing in his 9th game (Gaitor), and a 3rd round pick who's never really amounted to much (Lewis)?  I personally think with that pedigree they did pretty much as expected.  I'd put most, not all, of the secondary's blame on Dominik and Sheridan... not the players.

They played worse than they should have, even with that dubious pedigree.

Here's the thing though... this corp has been quite consistent for about 2 months now, granted - they've been consistently bad, but consistent none-the-less.  That being said, the talent pool is essentially playing to it best caliber that they can.  So, it's more of the GM's fault for putting the team in this situation OR it's bad coaching.  Either way, it's less the players' fault as compared to the powers that be.

I don't think they are playing to the best level they can.  This isn't the first season of football I've watched, and over the years I've seen many teams have to patch their secondaries and sign guys off the street, and they get better results.  I think they are being poorly coached and misused.

That goes to my point that you can blame the players, but the bigger blame should be on the coaches and management.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#62 : December 10, 2012, 07:49:58 AM

Nick Foles had over 350 yards and JASON AVANT lit us up. No one besides Wright, Barron, and Ronde need to be on this team next year.

Barron stinks!!!!!! Who was he guarding when the pass went to the 1 yard line with 2 seconds left? It was right in front of him, he stinks period!

That would be biggers.

Yes this can be pinned directly no our secondary. 6 sacks on the day and they still weren't even close. The day was finished off nicely by the dropped game winning INT by Gorrer. That summed up their day nicely.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#63 : December 10, 2012, 08:01:20 AM

TimBuc-  Actually if you watch that play a little more closely it was biggers who got completely turned around and let his guy run free down the seam.  If biggers is still on this team after this game, I do not know what the bucs are thinking anymore.

You do understand when CBs do that its because the safety suppose to pick them up, right?

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#64 : December 10, 2012, 08:04:26 AM

biggers is a liability.  i dont mind him as maybe a dime corner but anything above that and he gets exposed.  that long pass down the seam where the guy was tackled at the 2 was all Biggers.

Where was the safety?

DailyRich68

Starter
#65 : December 10, 2012, 08:12:01 AM

The secondary should have never been put in that position.  Running up the middle on third and 8 instead of trying to throw for the first down and win the game was what killed us.  You run the ball there when you have the 2002 Bucs defense.  You don't think, "Yeah, our secondary will bail us out now," not with this bunch.  There was a chance there to be aggressive and take control of the game, and instead we gave the Eagles a chance.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#66 : December 10, 2012, 08:15:16 AM

The secondary should have never been put in that position.  Running up the middle on third and 8 instead of trying to throw for the first down and win the game was what killed us.  You run the ball there when you have the 2002 Bucs defense.  You don't think, "Yeah, our secondary will bail us out now," not with this bunch.  There was a chance there to be aggressive and take control of the game, and instead we gave the Eagles a chance.

The funny thing is they did, well if Gorrer hadn't dropped an easy interception that is. This goes directly on our secondary and no one else. Freeman and these WR couldn't get on the same page all day. That being said they had the game under control and this defense gave up back to back TD drives in less than 7 minutes to a rookie.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#67 : December 10, 2012, 08:57:38 AM

The funny thing is they did, well if Gorrer hadn't dropped an easy interception that is.

Didn't we all all have the thought that his dropped INT would come back to haunt us after all was said and done?

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#68 : December 10, 2012, 09:37:40 AM

Brees is gonna break records Sunday.

watson

Hall of Famer
#69 : December 10, 2012, 09:44:38 AM

As I posted in another thread, why on earth did the DB push the receiver off of him on the play before the spike to stop the clock with 2 seconds to go?  Had he held on to him for 3 or 4 seconds they wouldn't have had time to get the spike play in.  A well trained DB knows that they need to do that in a situation like that.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#70 : December 10, 2012, 09:46:29 AM

I wouldn't say noone, but our secondary is a huge example of how I think the team will be a lot better off once we stop assuming that we can take any old late-round draft pick/UDFA and make them into successful starters.  Yes, it happens, but it should be a pleasant surprise when it does.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#71 : December 10, 2012, 10:03:33 AM

I think that Black, Johnson and Gaitor all have potential and should be on the team, along with Wright and Barron... but they aren't supposed to be guarding #1 and #2 receivers. That's point. We need 2 talented corners. NOW

-Chase

Our fans suck!

Ms Elam

Starter

#72 : December 10, 2012, 10:15:54 AM

Nick Foles had over 350 yards and JASON AVANT lit us up. No one besides Wright, Barron, and Ronde need to be on this team next year.

Barron stinks!!!!!! Who was he guarding when the pass went to the 1 yard line with 2 seconds left? It was right in front of him, he stinks period!
Not saying Barron hasn't been bad, but its obvious he did his job on that play. He clearly wasnt in man to man coverage. Either you don't know the X's and O's of football or you just didn't see the fact that Barron was lined up in the end zone before the ball was snapped. The bucs were playing 2deep on that play. That means nobody gets behind the 2 safeties, and the safeties have to be the last line of defense if the players in front of him get beat. On that play he did his job, he didn't let anyone behind him and he rushed up to make the tackle short of the goal line.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#73 : December 10, 2012, 10:17:59 AM

biggers is a liability.  i dont mind him as maybe a dime corner but anything above that and he gets exposed.  that long pass down the seam where the guy was tackled at the 2 was all Biggers.

Where was the safety?

It looked like Barron and Ronde were in a Cover-2 shell, which means that Biggers was either supposed to stick Avant all the way down the field, or he was supposed to take a deep drop to cover that wide open gap near the endzone.  If Barron goes to cover Avant, he leaves Maclin wide open in the deep corner for six points.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#74 : December 10, 2012, 10:34:00 AM

"no one to blame but our secondary"

The secondary didn't run the ball on 3rd and 7. I'm still baffled by that play call.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: no one to blame but our secondary « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools