Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden ball back « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : December 09, 2012, 05:01:29 PM

LOL Pick the game against Sandwhich?

Leftwich would not have gone against Gruden's offense.   He'd have gone against Kiffin.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#16 : December 09, 2012, 05:02:09 PM

Yea and he is a riot on that show he does...whats it called? QB Camp with Jon Gruden? He doesnt know the first thing about coaching up a young QB. I watch that show just to laugh.

I appreicate Gruden's knowledge of the Raider's offense during the Super Bowl though. It allowed the Buc's to whip their ass even harder in the game.

Thanks for the sig Java!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : December 09, 2012, 05:03:42 PM

I don't think Gruden's knowledge of the Raiders was as important as Gruden's genius offensive game plan that beat the Eagles to get there.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 09, 2012, 05:08:44 PM

Maybe if Gruden drafted a good CB instead of Aqib Talib, we wouldn't have lost today.

There's only so many positions Dominik could have fixed in the past 4 drafts.

No QB except for a bunch of old washed up veterans and Luke McCown.

No good DEs, no good DTs, no good LBs, no good WRs.
: December 09, 2012, 05:10:51 PM lyronmewis

m_j

Starter

#19 : December 09, 2012, 06:10:30 PM

gruden was a really good head coach. i never liked him but he knew how to coach  a team. he did not know how to draft, he wasn't the best OC, he also took some credit that didn't belong to him, but with him we were competitive almost every single year. in the end he got fired after 4 terrible losses after meltdown of montes defense that was definitely not his fault . and he gave us lombardi, even if we credit only that one game in san diego to him!
so it was great seing him back with all those guys today!
: December 09, 2012, 06:12:51 PM m_j

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 09, 2012, 06:17:14 PM

gruden was a really good head coach. i never liked him but he knew how to coach  a team. he did not know how to draft, he wasn't the best OC, he also took some credit that didn't belong to him, but with him we were competitive almost every single year. in the end he got fired after 4 terrible losses after meltdown of montes defense that was definitely not his fault . and he gave us lombardi, even if we credit only that one game in san diego to him!
so it was great seing him back with all those guys today!

A good coach can evaluate and develop talent.

Gruden just knows how to yell at a bunch of veterans and get them motivated for a while, then completely lose the team the next year because no one buys into his crap.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden ball back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools