Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Barron = INVISIBLE « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 09, 2012, 05:01:40 PM

Barron sucks.  That is not presumptuous in the least.  It is stated observational fact.

He is not worthy of his draft status.  He certainly looks like he is a seventh rounder out there.  I would have rather had Grimm out there in coverage, swear to God.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#16 : December 09, 2012, 05:01:43 PM

Barron is the reason the receiver didn't get in the endzone on the 2 yard line... Now... great TD saving tackle... BUT... rookie mistake in not holding the guy up as long as he could to kill the clock.

Come on, in a situation like that, you don't think of holding a guy up at the 2 yard line, rookie or not. What if the guys gets out of your grasp and in to the end zone?

Avant was the only receiver in front of him and he should have come up to bat the ball down at least. He just waits for the receiver to get to him.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : December 09, 2012, 05:02:34 PM

Barron sucks.  That is not presumptuous in the least.  It is stated observational fact.

He is not worthy of his draft status.  He certainly looks like he is a seventh rounder out there.  I would have rather had Grimm out there in coverage, swear to God.

There is no doubt whatsoever that Grimm is better than Barron.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 09, 2012, 05:05:50 PM

LOL....I stopped expecting playoffs when Bucs didn't make a move to fix their secondary so not really surprised at this outcome.

Nice to see Gerald McCoy and D-line show up today with the big dogs in the building...Schiano played far too conservative with a lead.....again!

and oh ya..........Josh can only throw jumpballs....did I mention that before?

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#19 : December 09, 2012, 05:25:09 PM

Barron has looked more invisible every game. Which isn't helping considering how bad our CB's are. Lavonte David should've been a 1st rounder based on his play. Even Kuechly who went 9th overall has looked way better than Barron. It's the truth.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 09, 2012, 05:38:07 PM

admittedly he has regressed from what he did earlier on the year but its waaaay too early to say he sucks or is a bust.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 09, 2012, 05:54:09 PM

I bet if you told him to go out and do whatever he wanted out there you would get more success out of him now.  He is overwhelmed by coverage schemes and is utterly lost. I don't know if it is the scheme that has him near the line of scrimmage so often but he has to learn to keep things in front of him.  Barber knows he has failed himself and Barron this year.  You saw it on his face sideline at the end of that game. 

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#22 : December 09, 2012, 05:59:45 PM

Its not looking good for the 7th overall pick

Bootz2004

Starter

#23 : December 09, 2012, 06:02:27 PM

Lost. That's all you can say about him. He's out of position, has no idea what he's doing in coverage and now he's missing tackles. Don't care that he's a rookie, he's a starter. If he is starting and not helping, he's hurting. And this year he's been a liability.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 09, 2012, 06:03:03 PM

Grimm in 2010 was a gazillion times better than Barron this season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 09, 2012, 06:03:29 PM

Watched Barron quite a bit today. Sucks out loud.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 09, 2012, 06:06:57 PM

I bet if you told him to go out and do whatever he wanted out there you would get more success out of him now.  He is overwhelmed by coverage schemes and is utterly lost. I don't know if it is the scheme that has him near the line of scrimmage so often but he has to learn to keep things in front of him.  Barber knows he has failed himself and Barron this year.  You saw it on his face sideline at the end of that game.

"Barber knows he has failed himself and Barron this year.  You saw it on his face sideline at the end of that game."

OK lost me on that one...for real. Barber has failed? Hardly my friend...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 09, 2012, 06:07:38 PM

There is no doubt whatsoever that Grimm is better than Barron.
no doubt.  And to think we could of had Kuechly or Harrison Smith instead.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 09, 2012, 06:09:08 PM

Barron played great the first 4 games when we started off 1-3... and then when we started reeling off wins, his play dropped.

Odd correlation really.

Hide Tools Show Tools