Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano, Grow a Pair Will You « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

: December 09, 2012, 04:57:07 PM

2 minutes and change, Eagles with ZERO timeouts, you've ran Doug 2 straight times, it's like 3rd and 7, and you don't even try to get the first down but just run Doug again?

You have the beast in Vincent Jackson who they couldn't stop period and you don't try to get the first down with him maybe?

Terrible, it was just terrible coaching.

There are 31 other teams who would have thrown it (in that same situation) to get the first down or an interference penalty at least, and it's ball game!

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 09, 2012, 04:58:01 PM

Someone should call into his radio show later this week and tell him that that crap doesnt work in the NFL. That would be awesome!

Thanks for the sig Java!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 09, 2012, 04:58:35 PM

They should sign five cornerbacks from the State Fair.  That will show them how tough we are!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : December 09, 2012, 04:59:02 PM

There are 31 other teams who would have thrown it (in that same situation) to get the first down or an interference penalty at least, and it's ball game!

I don't agree with that.   Damn sure Dungy would not have passed in that situation.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 09, 2012, 05:04:56 PM

I don't agree with that.   Damn sure Dungy would not have passed in that situation.

Well OK, with a D like we had I wouldn't either but we are talking about teams with good defenses and decent secondaries. Our D isn't even decent, it's bottom of the barrel.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : December 09, 2012, 05:08:45 PM

Our D isn't even decent, it's bottom of the barrel.

True.   But then again, we all knew that was coming when they focused on signing offensive free agents rather than defensive even though everyone already knew the offense was better than the D even before those signings.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#6 : December 09, 2012, 05:10:57 PM

Our D isn't even decent, it's bottom of the barrel.

True.   But then again, we all knew that was coming when they focused on signing offensive free agents rather than defensive even though everyone already knew the offense was better than the D even before those signings.

They were hoping that having a good offense for once would help bring the fans back to Ray Jay...however it backfired big time.

Thanks for the sig Java!

CANTCME

Second String

#7 : December 09, 2012, 05:14:37 PM

just 3 weeks ago Mike Smith was in the same situation against us, and the Falcons threw the slant to Roddy White, does this guy not learn

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 09, 2012, 05:17:20 PM

Schiano just got taken to school by Reid in all facets of that game.  There were tons of execution errors that were easily overcome with the proper strategy.  One clear indicator of the day it was going to be was when Blount aka "Rudy" came in for his mercy rush and ran a guy over for three yards.  Followed up by Martin getting stuffed on the next run and never seeing Rudy the rest of the game.  It seems like I saw Martin getting stuffed throughout the second half.  Especially when he ran Martin six times in a row to end the game.  Pure genius. 

A game of wasted pass rush success by the worst secondary I have ever seen.  Schiano's message is not getting through to the defensive side of the ball.  No one is learning from mistakes and this is a major problem.  This was a crushing defeat that set this team back six games in progression.  This team has strayed from playing for one goal and that is on coach. It can be sugarcoated all day but the bottom line is everyone can see it. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 09, 2012, 05:22:41 PM

Schiano just got taken to school by Reid in all facets of that game.

Hopefully Schiano learned a few things about how to use his timeouts at the end of the game as well.  Reid showed that you are supposed to use your TO's before the 2-minute warning in that situation.
: December 09, 2012, 05:30:43 PM Biggs3535

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 09, 2012, 05:30:09 PM

Yes Schiano has had a few games this year with poor clock management

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 09, 2012, 05:33:40 PM

guys, if freeman throws a pick there and he should have had 2-3 ints today btw, you all would be screaming why didnt we run there and force them to burn their last TO.  the logic is correct.  freeman stunk today so dont put the ball in his hands.  that call didnt blow us the game.  Our big money punter shanking a punt and our secondary full of scrubs lost the game.   

schroepnuts

Rookie

#12 : December 09, 2012, 05:37:04 PM

you have to throw the ball on that last third down. Our defense needs to be off the field as much as possible.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 09, 2012, 05:38:14 PM

guys, if freeman throws a pick there and he should have had 2-3 ints today btw, you all would be screaming why didnt we run there and force them to burn their last TO.  the logic is correct.  freeman stunk today so dont put the ball in his hands.  that call didnt blow us the game.  Our big money punter shanking a punt and our secondary full of scrubs lost the game.   

I gotta agree.  I hate being conservative, but with the way Freeman played today, I felt better about the ball being Martin's hands instead of Freeman's.  There is no guarantee Freeman gets the first down.

If I had to select one play where the game was lost, I'd say Gorrer dropping that gimme pick to seal the game is the play.

RenoBuc

Second String
#14 : December 09, 2012, 05:41:17 PM

And thus the reason Dungy was fired. Great guy, but he only won a SB because he had a QB to cover his weaknesses. Go back under your bridge troll.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano, Grow a Pair Will You « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools