Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Post game press conference « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 09, 2012, 06:15:33 PM

Freeman laid an egg the first half but he was fine in the second half.  No reason not to throw it.

Disagree.  There was nothing about Freeman's performance, first or second half, that was fine.

If they throw ball there and Freeman overthrows a receiver for the umpteenth time today resulting in an interception, the call is questioned too.

Freeman's QB passer rating in the second half was 109.1.  There's no reason not to try for a first down there.  The run was just a give up play.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#16 : December 09, 2012, 06:17:36 PM

Freeman laid an egg the first half but he was fine in the second half.  No reason not to throw it.

+1 Vincent Jackson had 6 catches, 131-yards 1 TD. Damn right we should've thrown it!

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#17 : December 09, 2012, 06:22:30 PM

Disagree.  There was nothing about Freeman's performance, first or second half, that was fine.

If they throw ball there and Freeman overthrows a receiver for the umpteenth time today resulting in an interception, the call is questioned too.

I don't think many would question the call. I do however think many would question why Freeman would have overthrown the receiver.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 09, 2012, 06:26:36 PM

I don't think many would question the call. I do however think many would question why Freeman would have overthrown the receiver.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I felt like Gruden was calling the plays there. Flashback!!!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#19 : December 09, 2012, 06:30:45 PM

Ya, that loser run call to Martin was so similar to Gruden's genius pass call to Jurevicius to beat the Eagles....

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#20 : December 09, 2012, 06:38:22 PM

Ya, that loser run call to Martin was so similar to Gruden's genius pass call to Jurevicius to beat the Eagles....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 09, 2012, 06:47:16 PM

Agreed ...and the way V-jax was feeling it you could throw it his way and chances are he was coming down with it regardless of coverage.

It was a chickensh!t call. End of story.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 09, 2012, 06:53:10 PM

Freeman's QB passer rating in the second half was 109.1.  There's no reason not to try for a first down there.  The run was just a give up play.

The QB rating is inflated because of the TD that was set-up by the punt fumble.

What was Freeman's completion percentage and third down rate for the second half?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 09, 2012, 07:18:44 PM

Agreed ...and the way V-jax was feeling it you could throw it his way and chances are he was coming down with it regardless of coverage.

It was a chickensh!t call. End of story.

Yep.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 09, 2012, 10:32:50 PM

+ 1. Play to win the game.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 09, 2012, 10:34:43 PM

HAHA first question was about the 3rd and 7 run

Good. He needs to learn when to go conservative. That wasn't the time. Did he really trust the pass D to get it done? Philly had way too much time. Horrible job of coaching.

I agree with you but I never thought we would be talking about Nick "Freakin'" Foles and the present Eagles team of having "too much time" left on the clock.

Shows you how bad our secondary really is!

Even more reason.  It's Nick "Freakin" Foles and we're trying to drain a TO instead of go for the kill.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 09, 2012, 10:38:50 PM

He sucked for sure, but a quick slant to VJ is a fairly safe pass play that has a good chance of picking up the first.  If it doesn't, then you kick it away at that point.  Or get it out the Martin is space and see if he can make something happen.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 09, 2012, 10:39:36 PM

shocking that in hindsight many disagree with a failed call

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

gone

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 09, 2012, 10:50:21 PM

The problem isn't that it was a failed call.  The problem is that it was very clearly destined for failure and shouldn't have been called.  Everyone knows we were going to run it, you knew Schiano was never going to throw it.  THere was absolutely zero chance of that play achieving anything other than a time out.  It was a QUIT.  The didn't even TRY to get the first.  I've heard of teams being in "four down territory" before, but apparently Rutgers felt we were in "TWO down territory".  Because that's all he ran on that drive.  Might as well have taken a knee instead of the run.  Same odds of getting a first, but at least there wouldn't be a risk of injury because we weren't playing a Schiano coached team.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 09, 2012, 10:52:26 PM

The problem isn't that it was a failed call.  The problem is that it was very clearly destined for failure and shouldn't have been called. 

destiny .. ah, yes

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Post game press conference « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools