Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #135 : February 04, 2013, 07:51:40 AM »

My gawd, I've never seen anybody on this forum be so completely wrong about so many different issues and not own up to any of it. 

I see it a lot on this forum. Its like people are scared to be wrong. A lot of people would rather the team lose so they could come back on here and say they were right. The old pat on the back.

Not true at all.   But I do know a lot of people who would like to see some changes made (such as get rid of Josh Freeman's ass) to improve this team so it can be likeable again.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #136 : February 04, 2013, 08:14:52 AM »

Whatever you think about his post-season, and it was great, there are still at least 10 QB's you can name before you want Joe Flacco on your team. What the Freeps have to look at is that Eli and Flacco are both not very good QB's but they managed to get hot and roll for a few games and win. Freeman can do that- then again so can a metric ton of qB's - so maybe the magic formula is to be just good enough to get to the playoffs and then pray you are the hot team who gets there. I'd still rather have a QB I know I can count on to not suck and blow at any time.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #137 : February 04, 2013, 08:30:44 AM »

Freeman is better than Flacco.  If I were Alabama I wouldn't take Flacco over... whoever they're QB is.  That's how bad Flacco is.  I don't even know who the QB is at Alabama and I'd choose him over Flacco.  The Flacco stinks.

Flacco has thrown for over 600 yards, 5 TD's, and 0 Interceptions in two playoff games this year.

lolz @ this clown.

He still stinks, you're the only clown here.

LOL

As they say in Spanish (not really)... El Stinko Grande.  Flacco stinks.  Without a defense to carry his sorry butt, he's a losing QB.  He's below average.

Was it the 13-play, 90-yard TD drive or the 10-play, 87-yard TD drive that defense carried Flacco to?

Joe Flacco:  51/93,  853 yards, 9.17 YPA, 8 TD's, and 0 Int in three playoff games.

My gawd, I've never seen anybody on this forum be so completely wrong about so many different issues and not own up to any of it.  You dig you feet in the ground and don't give in on those horribly inferior opinions of yours.  It would be admirable if you didn't look like a total clown so often.

Joe Flacco = Mark Rypien... not very good but on a team that can make him look good.   Just about any QB in the NFL could have done what he has this year.  He's below average.

As for being wrong a lot, those are your opinions, not facts... I can make the exact same statement about you.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #138 : February 04, 2013, 08:33:55 AM »

What the Freeps have to look at is that Eli and Flacco are both not very good QB's

Holy crap some of you guys are just brain dead when it comes to football

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #139 : February 04, 2013, 08:34:29 AM »

Ever since they realigned the o-line, he has had time and he has been outstanding. Anyone who can sit here with a straight face and type that he is below average is a moron.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #140 : February 04, 2013, 08:37:35 AM »

Ever since they realigned the o-line, he has had time and he has been outstanding. Anyone who can sit here with a straight face and type that he is below average is a moron.

Fine, I'm a moron... but Flacco still stinks.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #141 : February 04, 2013, 08:42:48 AM »

Well at least you admit it.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #142 : February 04, 2013, 09:15:18 AM »

Flacco still stinks.

1140 yards, 11 TD, and 0 Int in Baltimore's Superbowl run, along with being the Superbowl MVP.  You are a quality talent evaluator.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #143 : February 04, 2013, 09:28:32 AM »

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000135690/Super-Bowl-XLVII-Ravens-vs-49ers-highlights

Two plays exemplify Flacco's rise to elite status in my mind.

* 1:50 mark he throws on the run to his right and still give his receiver a chance to make a play...which he does....awesome.

* 10:35 mark he checks off a run call and throws back shoulder to Boldin on key 3rd down late in the game....excellence.

He brings his game up a level when it counts and that's what elite guys do...I retract my earlier statement in comparing Josh and Joe....the only similarities they have now are their initials.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #144 : February 04, 2013, 09:31:28 AM »

Flacco was great during the post season, BUT during the regular season some Ravens fans wanted him benched.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/04/ravens-will-be-forced-to-use-exclusive-franchise-tag-on-flacco/

On Joe Flacco, the Ravens rolled the dice and lost.  But at least they won a Super Bowl along the way.

Last year at this time, we explained that “Flacco probably needs to win the Super Bowl, and perhaps the Super Bowl MVP trophy” to get the kind of top-five money that agent Joe Linta said Flacco deserved.  The Ravens subsequently didn’t make a serious effort to sign Flacco, and now that Flacco has accomplished both objectives, it’s time to pay him.

The floor will be set by the exclusive franchise tag, which based on current numbers could be in excess of $20 million for 2013.  Really, there’s no way at this point that the Ravens can use the $14.6 million non-exclusive tag, because plenty of teams would gladly give two first-round picks for a reigning Super Bowl MVP who is still on the front end of his prime.

The Bills, Jets, Browns, Jaguars, Titans, Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Vikings, Buccaneers, and Cardinals would all be likely to consider making a run at Flacco.  Other teams with entrenched starters would be tempted to at least “evaluate” the possibility.

Even though the Ravens would have the right to match the offer sheet Flacco signs elsewhere, the Ravens can’t take the chance that, for example, Browns CEO Joe Banner will concoct a package that the Ravens won’t be able to absorb into their 2013 salary cap.  Which means that Flacco will get either $20 million (or close to it) for one year or a long-term deal based on the leverage that comes from a $20 million cap number in 2013.

The situation could create plenty of stress for the Ravens’ front office.  When they’re feeling frazzled, they should just rub their brand-new Lombardi Trophy.

Ohhh and Flacco is gonna get paid.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #145 : February 04, 2013, 09:37:42 AM »

I don't think he is "elite" but to say he sucks or is below average is ignorant.

That said, I was more impressed with Kaepernick this post season than Flacco. Even in the Super Bowl, Kap made some amazing throws and brought his team back. If it weren't for the kick off return for a TD to start the second half, thing probably would have ended much differently. Kid is truly impressive for a 2nd year guy with 11 starts. He is what the Panthers had hoped Cam would be.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #146 : February 04, 2013, 09:38:28 AM »

Using Buc fans' formula, if the Ravens defense didn't have that stand at the end of the game and the 49ers scored, then the Ravens needed to let Flacco walk as a FA and acquire Matt Flynn, Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith.

Using the JC5100 formula, Flacco was an absolutely perfect 22-22 when he didn't throw an incompletion.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #147 : February 04, 2013, 09:39:57 AM »

He proved he's capable of winning a Super Bowl. Yes he needs a solid team around him but he did it. I always thought of him to be similar to Freeman. I think Freeman can be that good and be a part of a team like that. They just need to keep building and Freeman needs to learn from his mistakes and get better. The Bucs could be like this Ravens team. A better secondary and more consistent play on offense.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #148 : February 04, 2013, 09:45:30 AM »

I don't think he is "elite" but to say he sucks or is below average is ignorant.

That said, I was more impressed with Kaepernick this post season than Flacco. Even in the Super Bowl, Kap made some amazing throws and brought his team back. If it weren't for the kick off return for a TD to start the second half, thing probably would have ended much differently. Kid is truly impressive for a 2nd year guy with 11 starts. He is what the Panthers had hoped Cam would be.

Flacco was better in the post season, CK threw a bad interception, Flacco didn't.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #149 : February 04, 2013, 09:48:48 AM »

Using Buc fans' formula, if the Ravens defense didn't have that stand at the end of the game and the 49ers scored, then the Ravens needed to let Flacco walk as a FA and acquire Matt Flynn, Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith.

Using the JC5100 formula, Flacco was an absolutely perfect 22-22 when he didn't throw an incompletion.

lol

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools