Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#165 : February 04, 2013, 03:43:33 PM

Let me tell you the difference in Josh and Joe.  Joe plays like he wants to win a ball game and Josh doesn't.  The truth behind their game; Josh plays scared and Joe plays brave. 
Did Flacco want to win the two games this season he threw zero TD passes, the six games he threw 1 TD pass, and the six games he threw for under 200 yards?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#166 : February 04, 2013, 03:56:05 PM

Yep...those stats don't tell the entire story behind Flacco.  BUT, I've had the pleasure/torture of watching far too many games of Freeman with happy feet, sliding when he had plenty of room to continue running, checking down when he didn't have to, etc. to know Freeman doesn't have what Flacco does.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#167 : February 04, 2013, 04:06:31 PM

Freeman doesn't have what Flacco does.

A defense? WRs who can fly?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#168 : February 04, 2013, 04:09:21 PM

Wait....Flacco has better WRS than Josh now?

g

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#169 : February 04, 2013, 04:16:40 PM

Wasn't what I said. But it would be nice if we had a WR with top end speed who Freeman could just drop back and let him run under it. Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones fit Flacco's skill set.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#170 : February 04, 2013, 04:20:27 PM

I've not complained about Freeman not having enough weapons at the skill positions and I won't say that Flacco has better weapons, but he surely doesn't have worse weapons.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#171 : February 04, 2013, 04:23:39 PM

V-Jax and MW19 fit Freeman's skill set just fine.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#172 : February 04, 2013, 04:28:04 PM

You can certainly argue Freeman would benefit from having not one but two receivers who are among the fastest players in the NFL in Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones (don't even try to compare Underwood to them) and not one but two tight ends with the athleticism of Pitta and D1ckson.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#173 : February 04, 2013, 04:32:43 PM

Wasn't what I said. But it would be nice if we had a WR with top end speed who Freeman could just drop back and let him run under it. Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones fit Flacco's skill set.
It would also be nice if we had a QB with top level accuracy that could drop a ball on a wide open receiver.... but alas, we have Freeman.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#174 : February 04, 2013, 04:36:41 PM

It would also be nice if we had a QB with top level accuracy that could drop a ball on a wide open receiver.... but alas, we have Freeman.
Like the guy who threw a bomb so painfully late to Jacoby Jones, the cornerback in "coverage" ran right past while Jones was waiting for the ball?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#175 : February 04, 2013, 05:21:15 PM

Like the guy who threw a bomb so painfully late to Jacoby Jones, the cornerback in "coverage" ran right past while Jones was waiting for the ball?

LOL

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#176 : February 04, 2013, 05:40:03 PM

And the guy who missed a wide open Torrey Smith TWICE against the Broncos. Torrey Smith should have had 4 Touchdowns that game, but Flacco missed him twice on deep balls.

Of course, moose and others won't mention anything about these plays.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#177 : February 04, 2013, 06:10:42 PM

So you'd rather have guys like Jacoby Jones instead of Vincent Jackson? Pass. Vincent and Mike might not be quite as fast as those guys, but they go up and come down with all kinds of crappy ball that are barely in the general vicinity. I don't see Jacoby Jones and his speed doing that. Truth is, if Flacco had Jackson to pair with Torrey Smith, the Ravens would be much more dominant.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#178 : February 04, 2013, 06:27:10 PM

So you'd rather have guys like Jacoby Jones instead of Vincent Jackson? Pass. Vincent and Mike might not be quite as fast as those guys, but they go up and come down with all kinds of crappy ball that are barely in the general vicinity. I don't see Jacoby Jones and his speed doing that. Truth is, if Flacco had Jackson to pair with Torrey Smith, the Ravens would be much more dominant.
Jones is Baltimore's #3 WR. Disingenuous to compare him to Vincent Jackson.

#1 Bucs: Jackson; Ravens: Bolden
#2 Bucs: Williams; Ravens: Smith
#3 Bucs: Underwood; Ravens: Jones
TE #1 Bucs: Clark; Ravens: Pitta
TE #2 Bucs: Stocker; Ravens: D1ckson

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#179 : February 04, 2013, 06:39:37 PM

You can certainly argue Freeman would benefit from having not one but two receivers who are among the fastest players in the NFL in Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones (don't even try to compare Underwood to them) and not one but two tight ends with the athleticism of Pitta and D1ckson.

No, Freeman needs more of a Dennis Rodman type player. Jones and Smith run really fast but the ball needs to be pretty much where it needs to be. That isn't what Josh does. Josh needs someone who will go up/down/left/right/diagonal to find where his passes actually went.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools