Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: December 09, 2012, 05:23:59 PM

I've alluded to this before, but it really stuck out to me today.  Freeman has that pretty long ball that's like hitting a sweet golf shot...it keeps you coming back for more only to realize golf is hard and Freeman isn't what may thinks he is...a winner.

Both Freeman and Flacco make you believe they're righting the verge of being that consistent franchise QB, then go out and lose games they should win, and never win the big game...ever.

I'm willing to give him another year, but in a division and league full of great QB's, I don't things are going to change. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 09, 2012, 05:25:06 PM

Freeman is more Aaron Brooks than Flacco

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 09, 2012, 05:27:12 PM

MAN...I has forgotten about that guy, but you're right.  Still, there are many similarities with Flacco.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 09, 2012, 05:30:10 PM

Yep, right now Flacco and Tony Romo are the best comparisons to Josh Freeman.  Fine enough players, top half in the league, but woefully inconsistent, and not necessarily players I'd want to hitch my long-term future to right now.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 09, 2012, 05:39:55 PM

Flacco would be the best QB in Bucs history. Romo, too.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Ms Elam

Starter

#5 : December 09, 2012, 05:41:23 PM

Despite everything you said Joe flacco is a damn good NFL quarterback with a playoff win every year he's been in the league. Sure he isn't Peyton Manning, or tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, but people fail to realize that those guys aren't good NFL quarterbacks you measure your typical NFL quarterback against. Those guys are going to be remembered as all time greats. They will be top 10 quarterbacks of all time. Sure us fans sitting at home can just poo poo guys like flacco, Matt Ryan and Romo but they are good players getting over shadowed by a few all timers who happen to be playing on the same era. The ravens can dump flacco, but it could be 20 years before you find another guy who can be counted on week by week (see the redskins).

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 09, 2012, 05:41:24 PM

That says more about the Bucs history with QBs than what the Bucs should be looking for going forward. 

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 09, 2012, 05:42:37 PM

Despite everything you said Joe flacco is a damn good NFL quarterback with a playoff win every year he's been in the league. Sure he isn't Peyton Manning, or tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, but people fail to realize that those guys aren't good NFL quarterbacks you measure your typical NFL quarterback against. Those guys are going to be remembered as all time greats. They will be top 10 quarterbacks of all time. Sure us fans sitting at home can just poo poo guys like flacco, Matt Ryan and Romo but they are good players getting over shadowed by a few all timers who happen to be playing on the same era. The ravens can dump flacco, but it could be 20 years before you find another guy who can be counted on week by week (see the redskins).

That's because he has a great defense, Ray Rice, and good receivers.

Flacco is just as inconsistent and annoying to watch as Freeman is.

Ms Elam

Starter

#8 : December 09, 2012, 06:06:03 PM

That's because he has a great defense, Ray Rice, and good receivers.

Flacco is just as inconsistent and annoying to watch as Freeman is.
I never denied that. You kind of missed the point of my rant. what I meant was he's Never going to be Peyton Manning but that's okay because their isn't a Payton Manning in every draft, hell you can go 20 years without a Peyton our a tom entering the league. The ravens can win a superbowl with him. The last 2 years he has had receivers drop the ball at the end of playoff games.  Dump a guy like flacco because he's not tom Brady is like dumping Ms America because she's not Ms universe. Its a good idea if you can land Ms universe, but those are some long odds.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 09, 2012, 06:08:09 PM

What if they don't want a Tom Brady, but they want an Eli Manning, or Ben Roethlisberger, or even a Matt Schaub?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 09, 2012, 06:10:06 PM

A giant tease.  Do not extend Lurch.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 09, 2012, 06:11:38 PM

What if they don't want a Tom Brady, but they want an Eli Manning, or Ben Roethlisberger, or even a Matt Schaub?
hopefully they want a Tim Tebow

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#12 : December 09, 2012, 06:12:40 PM

Yep, right now Flacco and Tony Romo are the best comparisons to Josh Freeman.  Fine enough players, top half in the league, but woefully inconsistent, and not necessarily players I'd want to hitch my long-term future to right now.

Tony Romo won a comeback game today. Do I like him, no but at this point I think Romo is a little better than Freeman!

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#13 : December 09, 2012, 06:15:16 PM

He's wayyyyy worse than Flacco.  He's crap most of time but his occasional flashes blind the bucs brass into sticking with him...it would be better if he just flat out sucked all the time.  The sooner the bucs wise up, the sooner we can move on.  I keep thinking about how long Jason Cambell held back the skins.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 09, 2012, 06:24:39 PM

He's wayyyyy worse than Flacco.  He's crap most of time but his occasional flashes blind the bucs brass into sticking with him...it would be better if he just flat out sucked all the time.  The sooner the bucs wise up, the sooner we can move on.  I keep thinking about how long Jason Cambell held back the skins.
1. Freeman is not wayyyyy worse than Flacco. He's extremely similar and this year he's ahead in virtually every meaningful statistic. Right now he's thrown 7 more TD's, 0.6 more YPA, and has taken 12 fewer sacks with a wayyyy worse offensive line.

2. Freeman is a gazillion times better than Campbell. Campbell has thrown for more than 13 TD's in a season ONCE!!! Freeman is 24 and has already thrown for 25 TD's and 25 (and counting) this season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools