Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#60 : December 17, 2012, 09:34:46 AM

He's also 3 years older than him too. I don't know how people don't get the "age" thing. It's a maturation thing.

They get it but they don't get off on the Buccaneers; they get off on whining miserably. It's a masturbation thing.

Here's the issue I have with the "he's only 24" stuff.  The guy has played over 50 games!  How many more do you need to see?  In the grand scheme of things, everyone is ready to write off Christian Ponder and he's a month younger than Freeman and has played in half as many games.  Blaine Gabbert just turned 23 and played in only 25 games.  Yet, the same people who are unconditionally inflating Freeman, are the same people who are already saying that Gabbert and Ponder are busts.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#61 : December 17, 2012, 03:38:44 PM

He's also 3 years older than him too. I don't know how people don't get the "age" thing. It's a maturation thing.

They get it but they don't get off on the Buccaneers; they get off on whining miserably. It's a masturbation thing.

Here's the issue I have with the "he's only 24" stuff.  The guy has played over 50 games!  How many more do you need to see?  In the grand scheme of things, everyone is ready to write off Christian Ponder and he's a month younger than Freeman and has played in half as many games.  Blaine Gabbert just turned 23 and played in only 25 games.  Yet, the same people who are unconditionally inflating Freeman, are the same people who are already saying that Gabbert and Ponder are busts.

Can't really comment since I don't hold that opinion about those players. I also don't believe that Hall of Fame QB's are a dime a dozen so you jut throw away a servicable QB or a young prospect . The league pretty much agrees, they just grab other team's throwaways but generally it's the same guys working. Heck, how long has Gradkowski hung around and even started?

That's the reality so when I hear fans want to throw their trash away for somebody else's trash when their piece of trash is still the shiniest, I just shake my head.  Rolling the dice in the draft  and squandering a quality resource who could fill a huge hole like at CB? Madness. Sure, you could hit lightning in a bottle but history says you will not.  The guy not only has to be a better QB than what you had he has to be worth more than that QB and a starting CB and that's a tough order at best and it's even harder unless you have the #1 pick. 

But man, think of all the pissing and moaning all the "fans" will be able to do. I'm sure they're giddy at the thought.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#62 : December 17, 2012, 03:52:12 PM

Can you for once make an accurate comparison to Freeman? Ponder is about to finish his second season and will probably throw 16 TD's. Gabbert's already done with his second season and threw 9 TD's. Freeman had 25 TD's his second season and finished with the sixth highest QBR in the league. He achieved at a level much higher than either of those two.

You need an editor to keep from posting this crap. Who are you going to compare him to next, Tarvaris Jackson?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#63 : December 18, 2012, 01:05:51 AM

Can you for once make an accurate comparison to Freeman? Ponder is about to finish his second season and will probably throw 16 TD's. Gabbert's already done with his second season and threw 9 TD's. Freeman had 25 TD's his second season and finished with the sixth highest QBR in the league. He achieved at a level much higher than either of those two.

You need an editor to keep from posting this crap. Who are you going to compare him to next, Tarvaris Jackson?

Keep hanging on to 2010, it's the only good memory you'll ever have of Freeman.  Fluke's happen all the time.  See Tim Tebow circa 2011 for more evidence.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#64 : January 12, 2013, 09:31:20 PM

Freeman is better than Flacco.  If I were Alabama I wouldn't take Flacco over... whoever they're QB is.  That's how bad Flacco is.  I don't even know who the QB is at Alabama and I'd choose him over Flacco.  The Flacco stinks.

Flacco has thrown for over 600 yards, 5 TD's, and 0 Interceptions in two playoff games this year.

lolz @ this clown.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#65 : January 12, 2013, 09:36:55 PM

I've alluded to this before, but it really stuck out to me today.  Freeman has that pretty long ball that's like hitting a sweet golf shot...it keeps you coming back for more only to realize golf is hard and Freeman isn't what may thinks he is...a winner.

Both Freeman and Flacco make you believe they're righting the verge of being that consistent franchise QB, then go out and lose games they should win, and never win the big game...ever.

I'm willing to give him another year, but in a division and league full of great QB's, I don't things are going to change.
Freeman did some bonehead throws this year that only the mayan people could explain...well maybe not...I still like Mike Sullivan and hope he changes him this next year. If not I hope he is gone after this next year...OBD

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#66 : January 12, 2013, 09:44:57 PM

I'll be happy with improved, more consistant QB play from the Bucs next season. TBH, I don't care who it is; Freeman, Orlovsky, a draft pick, a vet we trade for, or a FA we sign. 

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#67 : January 13, 2013, 11:42:33 AM

50 games with different coaches, players and schemes.

I get it. It's still 50 games. However, that has to be taken into account and this is where his youth and inexperience hurt him. Yet, he has still managed to put 4000+ yards and 27 TDs. Can't give up on him yet.

ufcguy32

Starter

#68 : January 13, 2013, 02:46:24 PM

the guy isnt elite. obviously but lets see what a few years in a good offense can do. this is the first year he had real nfl talent around him. and they produced. they will get better not worse. trust me freeman makes me mad as hell with the crazy throws that just make u go nuts but he can make plays. if this defense improves and puts us in better positions its going to help us as well.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#69 : January 13, 2013, 02:53:59 PM

the guy isnt elite. obviously but lets see what a few years in a good offense can do. this is the first year he had real nfl talent around him. and they produced. they will get better not worse.

Well he didn't get better this second year in Olsen's offense and he didn't get better the longer he played in this offense so I see no reason to expect "better" to happen.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#70 : January 13, 2013, 03:00:36 PM

when does the 'one more year' stop?

-------------------------------------------------------

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#71 : January 13, 2013, 03:04:14 PM

Not this year. Maybe next.

gone

Hall of Famer
#72 : January 13, 2013, 03:05:00 PM

I expect we'll be hearing "but, but, he's only 28" soon...

ufcguy32

Starter

#73 : January 13, 2013, 03:10:18 PM

olsens offense.....you are really gonna go there? lmao wow you just proved how much you dont know about football. did you pay attention to anything during those years. his offensive scheme is pathetic. its dink and dunk it didnt take advantage of josh's true ability. and the head coach running the show here was a joke. anything else you'd like me to explain or elaborate on. how was jacksonville this year offensively again?

ufcguy32

Starter

#74 : January 13, 2013, 03:11:38 PM

again im not a huge fan of freeman. but you are definitely missing the big picture here. the guy is good enough for us to be in the playoffs. we are damn close. fix the defense and let the offense have another year. if it fails im all for making a change
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools