Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#75 : January 13, 2013, 04:28:12 PM

Getting beat in the playoffs isn't the goal. Seems you're the one missing the big picture.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

ufcguy32

Starter

#76 : January 13, 2013, 05:10:38 PM

its no ones goal and obviously every team goes into the year hopeful bc anything can happen. so no im not missing the big picture but you have to take it one step at a time and evaluate where were at.
we were in every game this year but one. alot of those games we had big leads and gave them up...some we came back and won.  i have confidence that with our lines at full strength on either side and another year in the systems alot of the players will get better. and we will add some key players in free agency. if that doesnt make you think we have a chance then i feel bad for u

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#77 : January 13, 2013, 05:24:15 PM

I feel bad for our educational system.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#78 : January 13, 2013, 05:33:57 PM

when does the 'one more year' stop?

I expect we'll be hearing "but, but, he's only 28" soon...

The freepologists and excuse machines will use it til he is 30...or would be willing to say.."it's only been 100 games and he has had different coaches and systems...blah, blah, blah"

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#79 : January 13, 2013, 06:02:29 PM

The freepologists and excuse machines will use it til he is 30...or would be willing to say.."it's only been 100 games and he has had different coaches and systems...blah, blah, blah"

I love the "system" excuse.

Still waiting for these excuse clowns to explain to me how having a different coach causes a QB to stare down WRs, throw into double/triple coverage, etc.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#80 : January 13, 2013, 07:32:54 PM

Once again, what is the solution at QB for next season?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#81 : January 13, 2013, 07:35:29 PM

Freeman is better than Flacco.  If I were Alabama I wouldn't take Flacco over... whoever they're QB is.  That's how bad Flacco is.  I don't even know who the QB is at Alabama and I'd choose him over Flacco.  The Flacco stinks.

Flacco has thrown for over 600 yards, 5 TD's, and 0 Interceptions in two playoff games this year.

lolz @ this clown.

He still stinks, you're the only clown here.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#82 : January 13, 2013, 08:02:21 PM

Once again, what is the solution at QB for next season?

Don't know who the "once again" is directed at. I have let my stance on the future of the QB be known many times. There are many different routes that we can take at the position. The one that I have stated will most likely happen is that Freeman will be the starter on opening day and we will draft a QB in the mid rounds this offseason. From there we will determine if we need to let him walk, or resign him. I'm fine with that scenario, and if he plays like he has the last 2 years again, then you let him walk and play the QB just drafted, or draft a guy in the '14 draft.

I believe that, unless the organization feels that there is a "diamond in the rough" QB in the 2nd-3rd rounds, that we should just build up the team this offseason and possibly try to grab a pick or two in the '14 draft and try to load up and grab one of the '14 QBs. Another option could be to trade for Ryan Mallett, and insert him in if Freeman pulls a Freeman next year.
: January 13, 2013, 08:17:55 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#83 : January 13, 2013, 08:07:20 PM

Looks like somebody is experiencing massive clowndar failure.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#84 : January 13, 2013, 08:12:58 PM

I don't know who is better , but Flacco is Freeman's hero .  No denying that.

Why else do you think he made himself skinny and slow ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#85 : January 13, 2013, 08:59:48 PM

Don't know who the "once again" is directed at. I have let my stance on the future of the QB be known many times. There are many different routes that we can take at the position. The one that I have stated will most likely happen is that Freeman will be the starter on opening day and we will draft a QB in the mid rounds this offseason. From there we will determine if we need to let him walk, or resign him. I'm fine with that scenario, and if he plays like he has the last 2 years again, then you let him walk and play the QB just drafted, or draft a guy in the '14 draft.

I believe that, unless the organization feels that there is a "diamond in the rough" QB in the 2nd-3rd rounds, that we should just build up the team this offseason and possibly try to grab a pick or two in the '14 draft and try to load up and grab one of the '14 QBs. Another option could be to trade for Ryan Mallett, and insert him in if Freeman pulls a Freeman next year.

Its just scary, people do not want to hitch their wagon to a maybe, at worst, average QB, but are freely willing to hitch it to an unknown 2013 mid round QB. Their backup plan to, in case the mid rounder does not become the elite QB they are hoping, is a another drafted QB in 2014. Its not even like we could speel their names right now, totally unknown. But apparently the name does just matter aslong it does not read 'Freeman'.  As if this would not be already funny enough, people ignore the fact this franchise never has drafted such a guys in almost 40 years, still they have the confidence Dom will be able to pull it off within the next two drafts. not knowing their will be even one single elite QB available for us in 2013 or '14. And on top of all this they rather want to let their best QB in franchise history walk for nothing than getting atleast a few draft picks for him, just to make sure the bad QB holding down this franchise is not called Josh Freeman.

But yeah, pointing out that a 24 year old QB already holding a few franchise records still has value and potential to this team, things  needed to make use of, is just making excuses, means being clueless.
When asked why 'clearly' better QBs like Brees, Eli, Stafford or Newton  missed out on the POs aswell and why they are getting excused for, clueless people just compare Freeman to QB like Brees, which is a total no go. But yes, you are right, you can not compare those two, because Brees is not available to this team. Dreaming about how this team would do with a QB like Brees is being clueless, especially if you still have no clue how to get such a QB to play for this team. Stop living in the past, stop dreaming, its about time to make something happen for the bucs, so we have a good team/elite QB in the future.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#86 : January 14, 2013, 12:31:02 AM

I'm all for replacing Freeman with a better and more consistent quarterback that won't make me throw things on Sunday, but I don't know if that quarterback is available in this draft. But if Matt Barkley is available when we pick in the 2nd round that's the guy I'd probably take a chance on. He would have went top 5 this past year but decided to go back because everybody was saying he'd definitely be the #1 pick in the 2013 draft. But after USC had a crappy season and Barkley had some interception problems at the end of the year his stock completely dropped. If we're really going to grab somebody to replace Freeman for the long term this offseason then he's probably the best option available.

yahoomas

Practice Squad

#87 : January 14, 2013, 02:02:24 PM

Freeman is better than Flacco.  If I were Alabama I wouldn't take Flacco over... whoever they're QB is.  That's how bad Flacco is.  I don't even know who the QB is at Alabama and I'd choose him over Flacco.  The Flacco stinks.

Flacco has thrown for over 600 yards, 5 TD's, and 0 Interceptions in two playoff games this year.

lolz @ this clown.

He still stinks, you're the only clown here.

Over Flaccos last 6 playoff games, he has thrown for 247ypg, 12 TDs, 2 INTs and has a 101 QB rating. The only average thing about those numbers are that they are similar to your average superbowl winning QB. He`s not a top 5 QB, but he`s far from a backup. He`s a legit top 10-15 QB, who can win alot of games with the right team, maybe even a Super Bowl. If Flacco stinks, then there aren`t many good QBs in the league, and you should hold on to whatever turd you`ve got because it could be a long time until you find a turd that can make as much splash.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#88 : January 14, 2013, 02:08:41 PM

Freeman is more Aaron Brooks than Flacco

I think Freeman is like Chad Pennington or maybe Ryan leaf or maybe Archie Manning.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#89 : January 14, 2013, 02:16:13 PM

Or maybe Michael Vick or Maybe Rex Grossman

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools