Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#105 : January 20, 2013, 09:47:55 PM

Can we close this thread already? I think Flacco has clearly proven he's better than Freeman in every possible way.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#106 : January 20, 2013, 09:56:22 PM

Flacco was impressive tonight. He was looking off coverage, going through progessions, pump faking, and just making good decisions overall. Ive never seen Freeman play a game like Flacco just did. Never. Not even close.

Freeman had a very good performance in Minnesota on Thursday night. Lots of nice passes downfield. Flacco played well, but Baltimore's D was the key to the win. If we can get our D back to that level, then we can win with Freeman for sure. 

McCoy93

Starter

#107 : January 20, 2013, 10:15:03 PM

Flacco earned more money after tonight. He has put up quality numbers in the playoffs this year beating two legandary QB's in manning and brady on the road

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#108 : January 20, 2013, 10:52:20 PM

Flacco was impressive tonight. He was looking off coverage, going through progessions, pump faking, and just making good decisions overall. Ive never seen Freeman play a game like Flacco just did. Never. Not even close.

Freeman had a very good performance in Minnesota on Thursday night. Lots of nice passes downfield. Flacco played well, but Baltimore's D was the key to the win. If we can get our D back to that level, then we can win with Freeman for sure.

Yep.

Joe Flacco and Colin Kaepernick are the two starting QB's in the Superbowl this year, folks.

Just goes to show you can make the Superbowl/win a Superbowl without having an elite QB. Just have to put a good team around your QB like the Ravens and 49ers have.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#109 : January 20, 2013, 11:34:37 PM

Yep.

Joe Flacco and Colin Kaepernick are the two starting QB's in the Superbowl this year, folks.

Just goes to show you can make the Superbowl/win a Superbowl without having an elite QB. Just have to put a good team around your QB like the Ravens and 49ers have.
Great point.

Lets add:
They both have healthy, strong offensive lines too. A good offensive line surrounded with playmakers with a good Defense is good enough to win these days.

Dalbuc can finally put the "passing game league" crap to bed now as both 49ers and Ravens are all ran thru their running game.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#110 : January 20, 2013, 11:58:56 PM

Kap runs a 4.3 and Flacco is 10x the pocket passer Freeman is. You guys are kidding yourselves.

Freeman doesn't compare to either guy. He might compare to Alex Smith... But If the 9ers stick with Alex Smith they don't make it all the way.
: January 21, 2013, 12:01:24 AM JDouble

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#111 : January 21, 2013, 12:24:32 AM

Flacco 853 passing yards with 8 touchdowns and 0 interceptions in the playoffs this year.  I think he earned himself a nice little contract.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#112 : January 21, 2013, 12:36:46 AM

Kap runs a 4.3 and Flacco is 10x the pocket passer Freeman is. You guys are kidding yourselves.

Freeman doesn't compare to either guy. He might compare to Alex Smith... But If the 9ers stick with Alex Smith they don't make it all the way.

If you put Freeman on either team at the beginning of either teams playoff runs, they would not be in the SB. To early to fully judge Kaepernick...but one thing is for sure, Freeman could not even carry Flacco's jock strap. Not. One. Inch.

Sure. The Ravens and 49ers are not in the SB solely because of their QBs...but both QBs have heavily contributed to their teams being there.

It's funny to watch people like RGS hate on QBs just because people have stated that they might be better than Freeman.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#113 : January 21, 2013, 12:53:28 AM

It's funny to watch people like RGS hate on QBs just because people have stated that they might be better than Freeman.

lolwut?

Where am I hating on either Kaepernick or Flacco? All I said is that they're not elite QB's. You can't possibly be that dumb and think they're elite, right?

Your obvious hatred for Freeman is showing.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#114 : January 21, 2013, 12:59:20 AM

lolwut?

Where am I hating on either Kaepernick or Flacco? All I said is that they're not elite QB's. You can't possibly be that dumb and think they're elite, right?

Sample size is much bigger than this thread. One piece of evidence is when someone praised Kaepernick at the expense of Freeman in the gameday thread..and there was his little protector..there to attempt to take Kaepernick down a few levels.

I have no hatred for Freeman. I hope for his success...said it a million times. Flacco is on the cusp of elite.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#115 : January 21, 2013, 01:02:27 AM

lolwut?

You don't seem all that impressed.

Kaepernick had ALL DAY to throw the ball. He literally could step in and wind up before he made half of his throws. The 49ers o-line is awesome and the Falcons pass rush was non existent. Any decent QB could have had a great passing day with that much time to throw the ball.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#116 : January 21, 2013, 01:05:13 AM

lolwut?

Sample size is much bigger than this thread. One piece of evidence is when someone praised Kaepernick at the expense of Freeman in the gameday thread..and there was his little protector..there to attempt to take Kaepernick down a few levels.

I have no hatred for Freeman. I hope for his success...said it a million times. Flacco is on the cusp of elite.

So, when I bash Kaepernick once or twice in a gameday thread, I am considered a hater. But, when you guys bash Freeman all the time in the gameday threads, you guys are being realistic. Hilarious.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#117 : January 21, 2013, 01:07:16 AM

lolwut?

Kaepernick had ALL DAY to throw the ball. He literally could step in and wind up before he made half of his throws. The 49ers o-line is awesome and the Falcons pass rush was non existent. Any decent QB could have had a great passing day with that much time to throw the ball.
Yea, I wasn't that impressed with his performance today. He didn't do anything that special. I'm not saying he was bad or anything because he had a good game, but it was nothing amazing. When you have as much time as he had to throw, a lot of QB's can complete a high percentage of their passes.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#118 : January 21, 2013, 01:09:28 AM

lolwut?

Yea, I wasn't that impressed with his performance today. He didn't do anything that special. I'm not saying he was bad or anything because he had a good game, but it was nothing amazing. When you have as much time as he had to throw, a lot of QB's can complete a high percentage of their passes.

We should be so lucky if our guy was..." not that special "

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#119 : January 21, 2013, 01:42:26 AM

lolwut?

So, when I bash Kaepernick once or twice in a gameday thread, I am considered a hater. But, when you guys bash Freeman all the time in the gameday threads, you guys are being realistic. Hilarious.

I personally try not to "bash" Freeman in gameday threads that involve the Bucs playing live. Most of the time when you see criticism of Freeman from myself, it is coming from a person who has watched the games he has played in multiple times, and not an instant emotional post in a gameday thread that can sometimes come off as overreacting. I wouldn't say that you are a hater, it just seems that you are just overly defensive when it comes to Freeman.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools