Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#180 : February 04, 2013, 06:50:40 PM

I see a lot of Freeman's play in Flacco's play dal -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#181 : February 04, 2013, 07:00:49 PM

Until this season there was also a large contingent of Ravens fans that wanted to run Flacco out of town , much the way many Bucs fans want to do with Freeman ...

Let's relax and see what happens next season .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#182 : February 04, 2013, 07:02:26 PM

Until this season there was also a large contingent of Ravens fans that wanted to run Flacco out of town , much the way many Bucs fans want to do with Freeman ...

One thing that could be different there is that about 75% of the Bucs fans have been rooting for Freeman to fail from the beginning. I don't know about Flacco with the Ravens though.

pewtergirl2010

Second String

#183 : February 04, 2013, 07:11:04 PM

The only consistent thing about Josh is that he is inconsistent. I said it at the beginning of the year, Josh lacks something upstairs to be a elite QB. He will have some great games , but then he has crappy games where he throws multiple picks in a game. All QB's are going to have some bad games or bad throws in a game, but you would hope that your franchise QB would learn from those bad decisions. Josh had back to back (NO and STL) where he threw 4 picks in both games. That to me is unacceptable. The STL game one of the interceptions was in QUADRUPLE coverage. I was at that game and saw it coming a mile away. It doesn't matter how much we improve our defense or keep adding all of these offensive weapons as long as Josh keepes making bonehead decisions  with the football. I think we should let him play out this year and then evaluate him. I have a feeling it's going to be the same story at the end of the year...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#184 : February 04, 2013, 07:55:04 PM

V-Jax and MW19 fit Freeman's skill set just fine.
You can certainly argue Freeman would benefit from having not one but two receivers who are among the fastest players in the NFL in Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones (don't even try to compare Underwood to them) and not one but two tight ends with the athleticism of Pitta and D1ckson.

Freeman has arguably a top 3 WR duo in the league.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#185 : February 04, 2013, 08:04:46 PM

You can certainly argue Freeman would benefit from having not one but two receivers who are among the fastest players in the NFL in Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones (don't even try to compare Underwood to them) and not one but two tight ends with the athleticism of Pitta and D1ckson.

Without getting into the duo debate - the bucs are short a quality slot receiver, a fast receiver, and tight ends before the passing weapons comparison is viable. 

Insofar as worship from bucs fans towards Flacco (and his upcoming 20 million a year deal) and Kap - it has been both overstated and overly frequent imvho.  Surely others will think it needs to be said dozens of times a day - because someone didn't agree with them or a new accolade popped into their head, or something else Freeman did or didn't do suddenly surfaced in their mind that would perfectly complete their prior 50 or so posts degrading Freeman and polish the performances of Flacco and Kap. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#186 : February 04, 2013, 08:43:31 PM

Have you seen what Russell Wilson has to work with? Or Andrew Luck?

gone

Hall of Famer
#187 : February 04, 2013, 09:14:32 PM

Without getting into the duo debate - the bucs are short a quality slot receiver, a fast receiver, and tight ends before the passing weapons comparison is viable. 

Insofar as worship from bucs fans towards Flacco (and his upcoming 20 million a year deal) and Kap - it has been both overstated and overly frequent imvho.  Surely others will think it needs to be said dozens of times a day - because someone didn't agree with them or a new accolade popped into their head, or something else Freeman did or didn't do suddenly surfaced in their mind that would perfectly complete their prior 50 or so posts degrading Freeman and polish the performances of Flacco and Kap.

Nobody has everything they want or need.  Josh has a better OL, better RB, Better #1, and better #2 than most QBs enjoy.  Are you seriously saying Josh doesn't have enough weapons around him?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#188 : February 04, 2013, 09:24:12 PM

No - I seriously said that Flacco has better weapons around him - a push at WR, a better 3rd receiver, a better TE, better RB and a much better Oline.  And a defense that can take the ball back.  And when I watch Flacco I see a lot of the same issues as I see with Freeman, but his supporting cast makes the shortcomings look not so bad. 

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#189 : February 04, 2013, 09:27:23 PM

Better O-line? Meredith,Dotson,Zuttah,Trueblood, and that one guy from the NE. Josh weapons never stay healthy to play together, it's a curse for tampa every year we lose a good player that would have made the group solid.  The last couple of years before Josh this team hasn't had enough time to create solid depth so they get killed by injuries. Not only that but weapons on defense can also be a weapon for your QB. 

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#190 : February 04, 2013, 09:35:10 PM

One thing that could be different there is that about 75% of the Bucs fans have been rooting for Freeman to fail from the beginning. I don't know about Flacco with the Ravens though.

And 100 percent of this post is BS.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#191 : February 04, 2013, 09:36:51 PM

No - I seriously said that Flacco has better weapons around him - a push at WR, a better 3rd receiver, a better TE, better RB and a much better Oline.  And a defense that can take the ball back.  And when I watch Flacco I see a lot of the same issues as I see with Freeman, but his supporting cast makes the shortcomings look not so bad.

No way are the WRs a push, and Rice did not have a better season than Dougie

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#192 : February 04, 2013, 09:41:00 PM

100% of my post was 100% correct. Sorry, were you one of them rooting him for to fail from the beginning?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#193 : February 04, 2013, 09:41:25 PM

No way are the WRs a push, and Rice did not have a better season than Dougie
Same players at wide receivers Hate, and I would take Rice over Doug every day - and I like all thee of our guys a lot as well.

gone

Hall of Famer
#194 : February 04, 2013, 09:43:11 PM

Exactly.  Along with those posts that people would rather have the team fail so they can be right rather than have to admit they were "wrong"  Just another smear on the character of anyone who makes any criticism of favored players.  The Freepologists are all noble and rational and kind, unlike those meanie McMeanie Pantses who say bad things about Josh.  Heck I hear those guys date white chicks and might even be *gasp* republicans!   Damn corball fans.

Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools