Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15

Hate

Hall of Famer
#195 : February 04, 2013, 09:47:07 PM

No - I seriously said that Flacco has better weapons around him - a push at WR, a better 3rd receiver, a better TE, better RB and a much better Oline.  And a defense that can take the ball back.  And when I watch Flacco I see a lot of the same issues as I see with Freeman, but his supporting cast makes the shortcomings look not so bad.

No way are the WRs a push, and Rice did not have a better season than Dougie
Same players at wide receivers Hate, and I would take Rice over Doug every day - and I like all thee of our guys a lot as well.

Boldin and Smith on par with Jackson and Williams? This year's Rice over Martin? Lets just say we'll agree to disagree. As for TE, at least a portion of your post was correct.

-------------------------------------------------------

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#196 : February 04, 2013, 09:47:51 PM

Have you seen what Russell Wilson has to work with? Or Andrew Luck?
I am talking about Flacco - which is a portion of the topic of the thread. 

And I would give all the qbs in the league up for Luck.  In a NY second.     

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#197 : February 04, 2013, 09:55:23 PM

No - I seriously said that Flacco has better weapons around him - a push at WR, a better 3rd receiver, a better TE, better RB and a much better Oline.  And a defense that can take the ball back.  And when I watch Flacco I see a lot of the same issues as I see with Freeman, but his supporting cast makes the shortcomings look not so bad.

No way are the WRs a push, and Rice did not have a better season than Dougie
Same players at wide receivers Hate, and I would take Rice over Doug every day - and I like all thee of our guys a lot as well.

Boldin and Smith on par with Jackson and Williams? This year's Rice over Martin? Lets just say we'll agree to disagree. As for TE, at least a portion of your post was correct.
Boldin and Smith are the same players with less opportunity.  Rice is the same player with another back who take reps from him.  TE and OLine they kick our butts, same on D.  JMVHO - and we sure can agree to disagree.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#198 : February 04, 2013, 10:11:42 PM

I think if comparing the Ravens and Bucs, the Bucs have better WR's, and the RB's, TE and OL's are equal.    The difference is the Ravens have a better QB.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#199 : February 04, 2013, 10:27:28 PM

Good to see you and Hate rebuilding a relationship.  And now I disagree with both of you.  The bucs have no second running back, and Rice is the equal of Martin - Pierce gives them the edge.  The two TEs are both better than what the bucs can put on the field. And McKinnie, Osleme, Birk,Yanda and Oher are even with Dotson, Meredith, Larsen, Penn and Zuttah - c'mon JavaRay - you'll make me think you will do whatever is needed to be Hate's friend.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#200 : February 04, 2013, 10:27:33 PM

Everyone compared Doug to Ray Rice. Then Doug came out as a rookie and matched Ray Rice's best year.

I can't understand the thinking behind a Bucs fan that says he'd take Rice over Martin every time. I mean is it just a grass is always greener thing? We have a Ray Rice clone. He has proven he is every bit as good, maybe better, and he is ours. We drafted him, he is 100% Buccaneer....but you would still rather have Rice? Just blows my mind Dbuc.

Draft Aaron Donald

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#201 : February 04, 2013, 10:28:03 PM

V-Jax > Torrey Smith
Ray Rice = Doug Martin
Mike Williams = Anquan Boldin
Jacoby Jones >Tiquan Underwood
Dennis Pitta > Dallas Clark
Ed D1ckson > Luke Stocker
Ravens o-line > Bucs o-line

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#202 : February 04, 2013, 10:30:23 PM

Everyone compared Doug to Ray Rice. Then Doug came out as a rookie and matched Ray Rice's best year.

I can't understand the thinking behind a Bucs fan that says he'd take Rice over Martin every time. I mean is it just a grass is always greener thing? We have a Ray Rice clone. He has proven he is every bit as good, maybe better, and he is ours. We drafted him, he is 100% Buccaneer....but you would still rather have Rice? Just blows my mind Dbuc.
I think Rice is the better player - and with Pierce the Raven RB position is better than the Buccaneers.  Not a homer - sue me.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#203 : February 04, 2013, 10:30:29 PM

V-Jax > Torrey Smith
Ray Rice = Doug Martin

Ravens defense > Bucs defense although this goes without saying.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#204 : February 04, 2013, 10:30:44 PM

V-Jax > Torrey Smith
Ray Rice = Doug Martin

I can agree with this. The only debatable thing for me is the O-line. Their O-line struggled all year until they switched things up for the playoffs. And when our guys are healthy...I think it's a push. Basically we just need a a better slot guy and a TE to match their talent.

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#205 : February 04, 2013, 10:32:41 PM

V-Jax > Torrey Smith
Ray Rice = Doug Martin

You forgot one.

Joe Flacco > Josh Freeman

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#206 : February 04, 2013, 10:34:36 PM

I think Rice is the better player - and with Pierce the Raven RB position is better than the Buccaneers.  Not a homer - sue me.

Don't have to be a homer to admit the fact that Martin and Rice are near identical in every aspect of the game. Only thing Rice has on Martin is that he has done it for four years to Martin's one.

Draft Aaron Donald

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#207 : February 04, 2013, 10:34:52 PM

V-Jax > Torrey Smith
Ray Rice = Doug Martin

You forgot one.

No, didn't forget - we are just going over the supporting casts on each team.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#208 : February 04, 2013, 10:35:15 PM

V-Jax > Torrey Smith
Ray Rice = Doug Martin

You forgot one.

My opinion close or equal to but I'll say Flacco is better right now. Freeman's got some work to do.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#209 : February 04, 2013, 10:38:23 PM

Don't have to be a homer to admit the fact that Martin and Rice are near identical in every aspect of the game. Only thing Rice has on Martin is that he has done it for four years to Martin's one.
To me the difference is significant in that position clearly, and I think Rice is the better player at this stage in their respective career.  And for a guy to get it done for 4 years in the toughest division of football - and he gets nothing for it, please.

Then, for you to go off at me with your green grass, and 100% buccaneer comment reeks of homerism.  Just what it is Jdouble - a very bad choice of words from you. 

Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools