Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#210 : February 04, 2013, 10:40:00 PM

V-Jax > Torrey Smith
Ray Rice = Doug Martin
Mike Williams = Anquan Boldin
Jacoby Jones >Tiquan Underwood
Dennis Pitta > Dallas Clark
Ed D1ckson > Luke Stocker
Ravens o-line > Bucs o-line

You forgot one.

Joe Flacco > Josh Freeman

We were comparing supporting casts.

You say you don't hate Freeman, but it's sure hard to believe.

Flacco is better than Freeman, but not by much.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#211 : February 04, 2013, 10:40:28 PM

V-Jax > Torrey Smith
Ray Rice = Doug Martin

You forgot one.

My opinion close or equal to but I'll say Flacco is better right now. Freeman's got some work to do.
I have no issue with that - but I will say I see Freeman in Flacco and vice versa.  The point of comparing supporting casts is that one of the two qbs has an advantage in the support provided by their teammates, and if there is such a point to be made I think that Flacco receives more assistance towards success than Freeman does. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#212 : February 04, 2013, 10:42:16 PM

V-Jax > Torrey Smith
Ray Rice = Doug Martin

I can agree with this. The only debatable thing for me is the O-line. Their O-line struggled all year until they switched things up for the playoffs. And when our guys are healthy...I think it's a push. Basically we just need a a better slot guy and a TE to match their talent.

When our o-line is healthy, I definitely agree that it is on par with the Ravens, if not better. So yea, if everyone stayed healthy, we'd just need a slot guy and a receiving TE to be on par with them.

And definitely Balla about the Ravens having a better D. People were comparing their offensive supporting casts so that's why I didn't include the defense.
: February 04, 2013, 10:44:26 PM RogerGoodellSucks

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#213 : February 04, 2013, 11:20:56 PM

I see a lot of Freeman's play in Flacco's play dal -

Until this season there was also a large contingent of Ravens fans that wanted to run Flacco out of town , much the way many Bucs fans want to do with Freeman ...

Let's relax and see what happens next season .

One thing that could be different there is that about 75% of the Bucs fans have been rooting for Freeman to fail from the beginning. I don't know about Flacco with the Ravens though.

And 100 percent of this post is BS.

Exactly.  Along with those posts that people would rather have the team fail so they can be right rather than have to admit they were "wrong"  Just another smear on the character of anyone who makes any criticism of favored players.  The Freepologists are all noble and rational and kind, unlike those meanie McMeanie Pantses who say bad things about Josh.  Heck I hear those guys date white chicks and might even be *gasp* republicans!   Damn corball fans.

Give me a break.. I sat in a room full of Bucs fans during that 09 draft, most of if not all of them booed the pick ala McNabb. If you don't think a good portion of this fanbase has been rooting to fail then you haven't been paying attention. No big deal, a lot of them will get their wish and we will see if running Freeman out of town is the right decision.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#214 : February 04, 2013, 11:31:37 PM

V-Jax > Torrey Smith
Ray Rice = Doug Martin

You forgot one.

Yes I know. I was just summarizing the entire thread with an attempt at comic relief.
I don't see how thinking Flacco is better than Freeman means that I somehow hate Freeman....but if you want to believe I hate Freeman, you are certainly free to think that.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#215 : February 05, 2013, 12:06:57 AM

Everyone compared Doug to Ray Rice. Then Doug came out as a rookie and matched Ray Rice's best year.

I can't understand the thinking behind a Bucs fan that says he'd take Rice over Martin every time. I mean is it just a grass is always greener thing? We have a Ray Rice clone. He has proven he is every bit as good, maybe better, and he is ours. We drafted him, he is 100% Buccaneer....but you would still rather have Rice? Just blows my mind Dbuc.
I think Rice is the better player - and with Pierce the Raven RB position is better than the Buccaneers.  Not a homer - sue me.

Don't have to be a homer to admit the fact that Martin and Rice are near identical in every aspect of the game. Only thing Rice has on Martin is that he has done it for four years to Martin's one.

And he's become quite the fumbler as of late

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#216 : February 05, 2013, 12:19:31 AM

V-Jax > Torrey Smith
Ray Rice = Doug Martin

You forgot one.

Yes I know. I was just summarizing the entire thread with an attempt at comic relief.
I don't see how thinking Flacco is better than Freeman means that I somehow hate Freeman....but if you want to believe I hate Freeman, you are certainly free to think that.

That isn't why I said you hate Freeman. You just randomly brought up Flacco being better than Freeman when we were talking specifically about their supporting casts.

I already said that Flacco is better than Freeman so I don't get why you would have thought that.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#217 : February 05, 2013, 01:23:20 AM

V-Jax > Torrey Smith
Ray Rice = Doug Martin

You forgot one.

That isn't why I said you hate Freeman. You just randomly brought up Flacco being better than Freeman when we were talking specifically about their supporting casts.

I already said that Flacco is better than Freeman so I don't get why you would have thought that.

I will bold to help with the comprehension. You might be a master at ignoring Freeman's inefficiencies, but I'm gonna try my damnedest not to let you ignore aspects of what I've said. ;)
: February 05, 2013, 09:02:29 AM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#218 : February 05, 2013, 08:42:11 AM

V-Jax > Torrey Smith
Ray Rice = Doug Martin

I can agree with this. The only debatable thing for me is the O-line. Their O-line struggled all year until they switched things up for the playoffs. And when our guys are healthy...I think it's a push. Basically we just need a a better slot guy and a TE to match their talent.
The Bucs offensive line has never been healthy. You're speaking of an imaginary situation that has not happened in real life.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools