Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6'6 240lbs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

upthegut

Practice Squad

: December 09, 2012, 05:32:06 PM

6'6 240lbs and how many times this season has freeman slid instead of picking up some extra yards, i don't dislike Josh as a player and think he is an above average quarterback but his lack of passion and fire really frustrates me and is one of the reasons he will never truly be elite.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 09, 2012, 05:35:24 PM

i'm more concerned with his pocket presence and ability to avoid sacks and make plays out of nothing.

Seems like he just voluntarily goes down anytime a player has his hands on him.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 09, 2012, 05:35:31 PM

i hate his body language after incompletions.  i've never seen him point at himself when he air-mails one yet he is always barking at WRs, even when it looks like he made a bad throw.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 09, 2012, 05:35:36 PM

Ask Mike Vick how important those extra two yards are.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 09, 2012, 05:36:45 PM

i hate his body language after incompletions.  i've never seen him point at himself when he air-mails one yet he is always barking at WRs, even when it looks like he made a bad throw.

^^^this!!

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 09, 2012, 05:38:07 PM

Lots of things to complain about when it comes to Josh.  This is a weird one.  If he already has the first down on the 42, is the extra 2 yards really meaningful?  I don't remember him sliding down a yard before the first down or anything.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 09, 2012, 05:39:06 PM

RPC YOU NAILED IT!

Freeman is never mad enough for me... especially not at himself.

Frustrates me to no end to see his lax demeanor after a big third down he doesn't convert on. I expect him to snap those damn chinstrap buckles off with some force and show some damn attitude... and he NEVER does. God it makes me mad. Get mad and pick your damn team up for once.

upthegut

Practice Squad

#7 : December 09, 2012, 05:40:03 PM

mike vick isn't built like a linebacker and Freeman doesn't run fast enough to suffer the same kind of collisions, obviously i don't want to see him trying to go alstott on people or blounting over defenders but i wouldnt mind seeing him take on defenders occasionally, heck even Byron leftwich has done more damage with his legs this season than freeman

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 09, 2012, 05:42:05 PM

6'6 240lbs and how many times this season has freeman slid instead of picking up some extra yards, i don't dislike Josh as a player and think he is an above average quarterback but his lack of passion and fire really frustrates me and is one of the reasons he will never truly be elite.

He already had the first down.  There was no reason to take a needless hit there.

There are plenty of things to criticize Freeman on today.  This isn't even on the list.

upthegut

Practice Squad

#9 : December 09, 2012, 05:47:00 PM

i agree but this thread is a more a question mark to his lack of fire and passion than questioning that particular play

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 09, 2012, 06:34:34 PM

i'm more concerned with his pocket presence and ability to avoid sacks and make plays out of nothing.

Seems like he just voluntarily goes down anytime a player has his hands on him.
Seriously? Freeman is #3 for fewest sacks among QB's who have started all season (behind Eli Manning and Matt Schaub) and that's with 4 offensive linemen who were either undrafted or cut by the team that drafted them. Freeman avoids sacks as much as anyone in the NFL.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 09, 2012, 06:38:24 PM

I couldn't agree more!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 09, 2012, 06:41:59 PM

Was said earlier in the thread but I'll emphasize....Josh has a body language to him that is really irritating....I wanna see leadership.....I wanna see fire....I get that he's "only 24" but come on.....it's time to take off your underwear dude.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : December 09, 2012, 06:42:32 PM

I couldn't agree more!!!

"Thunderous Applause!"

upthegut

Practice Squad

#14 : December 09, 2012, 06:56:13 PM

i just can't picture freeman doing any of this:

i just dont think Freeman has that win at all costs mentality, on his good days he is easily the best qb i have seen play for the bucs in my lifetime, but on his bad days i just want to see that killer mentality. Jeff Garcia who had that win at all costs mentality but didn't possess the ability of Josh frustrated me and now it seems i have the complete opposite.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6'6 240lbs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools