Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The sky is falling! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 09, 2012, 09:11:25 PM

Dont get me wrong though hate.. today was a bummer.. but this team is not ready for primetime and neither are the fans of tampa. The support was good today and needs to continue.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 09, 2012, 09:15:45 PM

Dont get me wrong though hate.. today was a bummer.. but this team is not ready for primetime and neither are the fans of tampa. The support was good today and needs to continue.

Gruden said so!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 09, 2012, 09:24:41 PM

LMAO! Half of this board gave this team below 8-8 record!

now they are up in arms!

Im happy with this season.. and love the future!

You're kool with losing to what may be the worst team in the league, missing its starting QB, RB, and WR?

If we had 10 wins I'd still be ticked at this loss. Hell, I'm one of the guys who said 8-8 at the beginning too.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 09, 2012, 09:29:16 PM

Seriously?

Are u trying to downplay this loss?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 09, 2012, 09:29:48 PM

The pass defense is bad because the scheme is bad.  For all the great Schiano has done his defensive philosophy sucks.  No...really....it is a college BS scheme ran by the worst DC in a long long time.  Schiano needs to get his head out of his arse and wake up.  That garbage does not work in the NFL.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#20 : December 10, 2012, 10:23:44 AM

Oh no the Buc's lost!  Fire everyone and cut the whole team! 

Seriously do you guys even hear yourselves?  At the beginning of the year most of you would have thought even 8-8 was out of the question with a rookie coach and the way the team played last year.  Now with the team poised to do just that everyone is freaking out.

Playoffs?  Really you think this team is a playoff team with as many injuries as it has? 

It's time for you people to have real expectations.  This is a great up and coming team with plenty of talent.  In the weaker area's because of injuries we are getting a chance to see what our depth has.  This is a good thing! 

Calm down people.

Even with all the injuries the Buc's have been in every game.  Whether they have had the lead and blown it or had to come from behind to get in position to win this team has performed way above what many people thought possible.  You have seen what's possible in October, next year will be the year you can start to criticize if the pieces haven't come together.
Oh, look, there's someone sane and intelligent here. lol

I know why I haven't been back to this board in quite a while. These fans truly do suck. Our team deserves better.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 10, 2012, 10:32:34 AM

We lost at home to the Eagles.. a team that QUIT on national TV. This Bucs team is YEARS away from competing for real.

OMG dude, you're just stupid. They've competed all year despite losing impact player after impact player. Pull head out of butt, take deep breath.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 10, 2012, 10:33:29 AM

The pass defense is bad because the scheme is bad.  For all the great Schiano has done his defensive philosophy sucks.  No...really....it is a college BS scheme ran by the worst DC in a long long time.  Schiano needs to get his head out of his arse and wake up.  That garbage does not work in the NFL.

Oh please tell me the scheme where 2 UDFA can shut down anyone?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 10, 2012, 10:49:12 AM

please show me the coach that continues to put guys in man coverage late in games when protecting a lead knowing full well his UDFAs cant cover for crap.

This may sound crazy, but instead of massive blitzes that keep getting picked up with man coverage on the back end isnt working at protecting a lead.  Maybe, just maybe, a zone shell that forces teams to dink and dunk just might be an option? Maybe those guys who arent getting to the QB on the blitz would help if they were in coverage? Maybe there wouldnt be wide open WRs for huge gains every time?

Well never know unless Schiano/Sheridan decide to try something different just one damned time. They keep calling the same crap every time and it hasnt worked yet. I like a lot of what theyve done, but this stubborn refusal to try something different is getting old. Theyve seen it doesnt work several times this season. Time for an adjustment to be made.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

The Joker

Rookie

#24 : December 10, 2012, 03:17:40 PM

Reading through this thread a day later and I see many people still over reacting.  Was I putting lipstick on a pig?  No.  Was I making excuses for a loss?  No I wasn't. 

What I am trying to do is get your minds in the right perspective because you all drink too much of the koolaid or are just too dumb to realize what's going on.  How many of you at the beginning of the season even thought they would win 4 or 5 games?  Now you're mad when the team is exceeding your previous expectations!

This is a rebuilding year, always has been and will be.  This team has been learning a new scheme from top to bottom, players and coaches.  Many of their playmakers have been gone due to injury, suspension or trades.  It's fine.  It's not the end of the world. 

Let me break it out for you what I think will be happening this off season.

1. Schiano, Dom and the coaching staff will sit down and evaluate EVERYONE.  They will have a good plan and see where the weakness has been and go out and fix it either in FA or the Draft.
2. Players will get healthy again and come into camp hungrier this year knowing what the team is capable of.
3. The playbook should be even more wide open with a new infusion of talent and healthier players.

What this means for Buc's fans is at the EARLIEST that they should have even had expectations for playoffs and a post season would be year 2. 

This team is far and above the best team they have fielded in my opinion since the super bowl team.  I am excited at the potential of it and with some tweaks and new talent in key area's it's going to potentially be fun to watch for many years to come.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#25 : December 10, 2012, 03:23:17 PM

Oh no the Buc's lost!  Fire everyone and cut the whole team! 

Seriously do you guys even hear yourselves?  At the beginning of the year most of you would have thought even 8-8 was out of the question with a rookie coach and the way the team played last year.  Now with the team poised to do just that everyone is freaking out.

Playoffs?  Really you think this team is a playoff team with as many injuries as it has? 

It's time for you people to have real expectations.  This is a great up and coming team with plenty of talent.  In the weaker area's because of injuries we are getting a chance to see what our depth has.  This is a good thing! 

Calm down people.

Even with all the injuries the Buc's have been in every game.  Whether they have had the lead and blown it or had to come from behind to get in position to win this team has performed way above what many people thought possible.  You have seen what's possible in October, next year will be the year you can start to criticize if the pieces haven't come together.

After today's game, who are we going to beat? I can't see 8-8. You can't beat Nick Foles, you aren't going to beat Brees, Ryan, and Braford I am sorry!

Who we lost to? Four out of five of their starting OL is our due to injury. The Eagles are just in an unfortunate situation but they are no means a terrible team.

dbrooks55

Starter

#26 : December 10, 2012, 03:42:51 PM

I agree with The Joker...most teams pack it in with the injuries we have. Freeman had a bad first half (it happens) even to the best of them. We really need another offseason for depth and some secondary moves. But the team is absolutely headed in the right direction!! As for the game...I think having the Superbowl team there put a little too much pressure on the team to preform. As for the Eagles, just a bunch of desperate overachievers yesterday. They were going to beat someone sooner or later. Not one bit worried about it.

danimal09

Starter

#27 : December 10, 2012, 05:51:58 PM

lol at everyone bashing the OP. When the bucs win a few they will be back on the bandwagon but every win and every loss is the end of the season/world to them. Fans here are so up and down it is nice to see a level head thread OP, cheers!

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 10, 2012, 06:47:32 PM

Rewind to teh beginning of the year when QBs were tossing for 350+ yds a game...same result different players.  IT IS THE SCHEME...it is BS.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 10, 2012, 06:48:51 PM

Why the hell are our CBs always in man coverage on third and long?

It has cost us so many wins this season.

Nothing infuriates me more.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The sky is falling! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools