Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano's Timeout Hurt « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 09, 2012, 10:50:47 PM

I think with a veteran defense it's a no brainer, but when you consider the youth on this defense, the fact that our players had made several mistakes on that last drive already, and the fact that they have made several mistakes at the end of games earlier in the season, it's not as clear. As Ronde said, the called defense should have been able to stop that play, so it's not as if they outwitted us. There's a reason we're the 32nd ranked pass defense. Better luck next year.

exactly. 

no doubt if Foles quickly sanps the ball and they score this thread would be about why didnt we call a time out

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 09, 2012, 10:52:12 PM

and you'd be in here making stupid comments about hindsight .......  ::)

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 09, 2012, 10:54:11 PM

I agree.  Several coaching miscues in my opinion and the team looked generally lost overall at times today.   The too many men on the field penalty when they were trying to spike the ball really pissed me off

DB was right, they had to see that coming.  Poor coaching for a staff that supposedly prides itself on attention to detail.  Of course, you'd have to take time away from micromanaging warmup drills or monitoring the temperature to work on that kind of stuff....

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 09, 2012, 10:56:38 PM

and I guess that mean you be here to post about how stupid I am right? Seems to be your self-appointed role.

odd

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 09, 2012, 10:58:58 PM

and I guess that mean you be here to post about how stupid I am right? Seems to be your self-appointed role.

odd

right, we are all glad you are here to point out that the plays we are discussing have already occurred .......

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 09, 2012, 11:07:25 PM

odd

right, we are all glad you are here to point out that the plays we are discussing have already occurred .......

in another thread I made a comment that its not surprising that most would think that we should have done the opposite of a failed play.  That comment has your knickers so twisted apparently that you brought the same notion to this thread . . . I will make sure to check with PR as to when they made you the comment police lol  I am embarassed that I take up your time.  How about you just focus on the football there Mr. Policeman?

:-[

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 09, 2012, 11:15:01 PM

save it hypocrite, you've made multiple comments in multiple threads now about people using hindsight to make judgements about calls/plays.    Save the stupid police comments for yourself.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 09, 2012, 11:18:41 PM

save it hypocrite, you've made multiple comments in multiple threads now about people using hindsight to make judgements about calls/plays.    Save the stupid police comments for yourself.

so you called me stupid and a jackass and a hypocrite because I made a comment about hindsight that was NOT directed and you or any other poster?  Tell me again why you are not the self-appointed comment police?

My god get a hold of yourself and focus on the football

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 10, 2012, 12:25:41 AM

so you called me stupid and a jackass and a hypocrite because I made a comment about hindsight that was NOT directed and you or any other poster?  Tell me again why you are not the self-appointed comment police?

My god get a hold of yourself and focus on the football

You try to play the victim but you just can't let it go.

If you really feel you are being victimized stop quoting him and see what happens.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#24 : December 10, 2012, 12:28:00 AM

I agree it was a horrible coaching decision to call that timeout.   But Schiano always does that crap.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 10, 2012, 12:39:34 AM

Poor preparation.

In Verner We Trust

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 10, 2012, 01:07:57 AM

Just heard it, since I live up here 30 min. from Phila., (and am taking wicked shots from Eagles fans / friends, after this loss) that the timeout helped.

Reid said Foles actually came over and suggested the play and they are very proud of him.

Could Foles turn out to be better than Freeman?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 10, 2012, 04:13:50 AM

I agree it was a horrible coaching decision to call that timeout.   But Schiano always does that crap.

I think he over-thinks the game. He can't worry about tipped balls, or fumbles, or Ints.. if he does, he's already beaten himself.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 10, 2012, 08:26:27 AM

Ronde Barber did not seem to think it was a bad call. I think he said they got the right defense called? Could be wrong . .

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#29 : December 10, 2012, 09:06:26 AM

So basically we should not have called a timeout because there was no way our defense could stop them so we needed to hope they were disorganized from having to deal with a normal playclock in a two minute situation from the 2 yrd line.  Even though, they had just marched down the field with the same basic circumstances.

Got it, horrible decision to ensure our players were prepared. Yet, it seems there are numerous examples across the league where coaches call timeout.  Didn't the Panthers call timeout against us for the two point conversion?  I think if you go back across the league it is common practice to call a timeout in similiar situations.  You see formations, you surely get more time to think, but I don't see the argument unless the clock is ticking then obviously it's a bonehead decision.
: December 10, 2012, 09:08:02 AM BaghdadJoe54
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano's Timeout Hurt « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools