Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano's Timeout Hurt « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : December 10, 2012, 04:23:12 PM

I liked Gerald McCoy's reaction to the timeout.   He threw a tantrum.   He was like "you moron! don't call a timeout here!".     And Schiano said "huh?  what's wrong with a timeout here?".   And McCoy said "if you don't know, I feel sorry for you."

McCoy ended up being right.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#31 : December 10, 2012, 10:59:19 PM

I liked Gerald McCoy's reaction to the timeout.   He threw a tantrum.   He was like "you moron! don't call a timeout here!".     And Schiano said "huh?  what's wrong with a timeout here?".   And McCoy said "if you don't know, I feel sorry for you."

McCoy ended up being right.

I think he said "Gerald, I need more time to find a secondary"...

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#32 : December 12, 2012, 10:14:28 PM

So basically we should not have called a timeout because there was no way our defense could stop them so we needed to hope they were disorganized from having to deal with a normal playclock in a two minute situation from the 2 yrd line.  Even though, they had just marched down the field with the same basic circumstances.

Got it, horrible decision to ensure our players were prepared. Yet, it seems there are numerous examples across the league where coaches call timeout.  Didn't the Panthers call timeout against us for the two point conversion?  I think if you go back across the league it is common practice to call a timeout in similiar situations.  You see formations, you surely get more time to think, but I don't see the argument unless the clock is ticking then obviously it's a bonehead decision.

And didn't the Panthers lose that game? So, that timeout did not help them correct?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 12, 2012, 10:18:22 PM

Yup.

S's in game scheming has been questioned before.

Sounds like S is a moron.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 13, 2012, 03:46:17 AM

Quote from:
Boid Fink link=topic=1301634.msg1827287#msg1827287 date=1355368702
Yup.

S's in game scheming has been questioned before.

Sounds like S is a moron.

Every coach has strong and weak points.

Schiano's weak spot is his on-field calls. Everything else seems a-ok IMO.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#35 : December 13, 2012, 08:59:54 AM

So basically we should not have called a timeout because there was no way our defense could stop them so we needed to hope they were disorganized from having to deal with a normal playclock in a two minute situation from the 2 yrd line.  Even though, they had just marched down the field with the same basic circumstances.

Got it, horrible decision to ensure our players were prepared. Yet, it seems there are numerous examples across the league where coaches call timeout.  Didn't the Panthers call timeout against us for the two point conversion?  I think if you go back across the league it is common practice to call a timeout in similiar situations.  You see formations, you surely get more time to think, but I don't see the argument unless the clock is ticking then obviously it's a bonehead decision.

And didn't the Panthers lose that game? So, that timeout did not help them correct?

So if the other team out executes you or you have a player bite on play-action the timeout didn't work?

Rewatch the game, we were scrambling around lost and had somebody un-covered at the top.

As Schiano said on his show, you don't always call the timeout but sometimes you do.  I think in this case, it was the right call.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#36 : December 13, 2012, 12:15:17 PM

Maybe the NFL should do away with TOs since they never work.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 13, 2012, 12:17:55 PM

Yea I wouldnt have called it personally but if they stop the TD from happening they win the game. Were probably saying, nice call Schiano with the time out.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano's Timeout Hurt « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools