Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman not the answer...now we know « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

youngone

Hall of Famer
#45 : December 10, 2012, 08:28:40 AM

QB's with more TD's than Freeman: Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers.

QB's with less INT's than Freeman (400+ attempts) : Tom Brady

This thread is nothing but further proof of what a complete joke of a fanbase this team has.
This

danimal09

Starter

#46 : December 10, 2012, 08:30:31 AM

Freeman is still only 24 and I think he is still evolving his game. I just feel like eventually he will click and progress a lot like Eli did. He is not playing that bad, but yes it is easy to see the missed throws and blame him but he consistently puts us in positions to win even after a terrible half. Needs to improve for sure but he can't bear all the blame or even most of it. Everyone keeps conceding that the pass D is awful but it is like fans are tired of blaming them even though they deserve the blame.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#47 : December 10, 2012, 08:31:06 AM

This thread is nothing but further proof of what a complete joke of a fanbase this team has.
This

those QBs that you're comparing Freeman to would have sliced and diced the Eagles defense. Bucs get 21 points against one of the league's worst teams, and 7 of them were gifted by a botched punt.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#48 : December 10, 2012, 09:13:45 AM

But Josh is only 12!!! In ten more years he could turn into Eli Manning!

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#49 : December 10, 2012, 09:48:22 AM

So are we going to run this guy out of town so he can go win somewhere else?  At least we'd be consistent, eh?

The overdramatic drama queens are **CENSORED**ing hilariously annoying.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#50 : December 10, 2012, 10:04:26 AM

Lets get Josh Freeman out of here.

I want Tim Rattay, Bruce Gradkowski, Chris Simms, Josh Johnson, Brian Griese, and Luke McCown back.

Now THAT was some real QB play

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#51 : December 10, 2012, 10:16:10 AM

This

those QBs that you're comparing Freeman to would have sliced and diced the Eagles defense. Bucs get 21 points against one of the league's worst teams, and 7 of them were gifted by a botched punt.

Are you sure about that? Brees had two interceptions Sunday and five the week prior. I guess Brees sucks now too, right?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#52 : December 10, 2012, 10:17:13 AM

I don't think it's fair to compare Freeman to four hall of famers (Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton)

No one on this board or anywhere is saying Josh Freeman is going to go into the hall of fame.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#53 : December 10, 2012, 10:54:45 AM

so here is the debate. It is the secondary that lost the game and not Freeman. Some of Freeman's numbers are pretty good.

Here is my reply. The secondary is in need of upgrading. However Freeman has no excuse for his poor performance now. He has playmakers all around him. The O-Line is makeshift but holding tight. If Freeman had played to his potential we would have OVERCOME the weakness in our secondary. Every week is going to be a shootout for this team until we fix the secondary. Freeman should be up to the challenge - because we know he can do it. He has done it. The personelle is there now to do it (players, coaches, 3 years worth of NFL experience). There is no excuse for him not doing enough to win yesterday. He is inconsistent. He is unreliable. He is not the future.

we didnt watch the same game because for the last 2 games I have seen the OL get its Azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz handed to it over and over. Josh got jumpy and it showed. I will say that will always be a fairly good barometer for what he's going to do that day - the play of the OLINE.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#54 : December 10, 2012, 10:55:35 AM

I don't think it's fair to compare Freeman to four hall of famers (Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton)

No one on this board or anywhere is saying Josh Freeman is going to go into the hall of fame.

compare in a meta overall view , no. Statisctially speaking during their current season - yes.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#55 : December 10, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

compare in a meta overall view , no. Statisctially speaking during their current season - yes.
You can't compare him to them, because then it proves he's not an elite qb, possibly not a franchise qb, but shows he's a middle of the road qb, that the position can be improved, but leaves fans saying, at least we don't have "pick your AZ/MN/TN/JAX/NYJ qb"

but SunnyD has a point, he's better then a Bucs fan has seen in awhile, which I believe masks the fact that he's truly an avg NFL qb. Like it's been pointed out... Rattay, Orlovsky, Grads, Simms, Griese, or.... Freeman.
But if a qb like Brad Johnson was younger, I'd take his intellect and management skills over Freeman.
: December 10, 2012, 11:03:18 AM moose40

Theoldbuc

Starter

#56 : December 10, 2012, 11:14:35 AM

Freeman doesn't have "it". 

He's a middle of the roader QB - if you're happy with that fine. Its a damn shame that we're wasting V-Jax and Martin's skills on this losing team.  Watching other franchises succeed with rookie QBs outshining Freeman is tough to take.

You wonder what Freeman's trade value is with one year on his contract.

Yes we can ignore the fact VJ is having a career year (nothing to do with Freeman.) ::)
We can also ignore the fact that most of Martin's effectiveness occurred after we were up 14-10.
Keep telling yourself that Freeman has nothing to with us being one of the top scoring offenses in the league.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#57 : December 10, 2012, 11:27:33 AM

Here's a few issues I see.  QB's like Eli, Cutler, Roethlisberger, Schaub, Rivers, and Ryan (guys in the next tier after the elite), don't need great offensive lines.  They need adequate ones.  The reason is because they can make quick / decisive reads and get rid of the ball quickly... they don't need 4 seconds.  Freeman does.  Now, that may be Freeman's fault, it may not be.  The bottom line though is, Freeman does in fact hold the ball too long.  To me gameplanning/calling is an issue.  All they seem to do is go 20+ yards downfield on every play... it's why Jackson is having a career year... but it's to Freeman's detriment.  All he ever does is look downfield for the big play.  Now, it's chicken and egg scenario.  Is play calling a product of trying to maximize the talent... or is it because Freeman can't complete enough passes in the short game?  Sure, he can complete the "dump off" passes, but can he complete the 7-yard slant... the 5-yard out... the 10 yard curl?  So far, the answer is no.  He can't do that consistantly enough to force the safety's to play up a bit.  Teams know that all they have to do is try to stop the run and contain the deep ball because Freeman has shown he can't methodically work his way down field with any level of consistency.  So, the debate is, is this bad coaching... or a bad QB?  Either way, improvements have to be made.  If not by the player... then by coach.  If not, it will be by the GM... and no one wants that.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#58 : December 10, 2012, 11:32:25 AM

Freeman can't throw a consistent timing route, I think its that simple

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#59 : December 10, 2012, 11:36:52 AM

Actually the problem isn't that Freeman stinks. He is average. He puts up good numbers just often enough to make you think he is better than he is. Bad and great are convincing. But mediocre makes you live with the delusion for too many years. He is just good enough to waste our time and not good enough to get us where we want to go.

This^This^This^1000X^This^

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman not the answer...now we know « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools