Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman not the answer...now we know « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#60 : December 10, 2012, 12:17:13 PM

My favorite Freeman play from yesterday?  Throwing the ball backwards to a player that was double-covered.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#61 : December 10, 2012, 12:24:51 PM

My favorite Freeman play from yesterday?  Throwing the ball backwards to a player that was double-covered.
At least he completed that head-scratcher.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#62 : December 10, 2012, 01:58:00 PM

QB's with more TD's than Freeman: Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers.

QB's with less INT's than Freeman (400+ attempts) : Tom Brady

This thread is nothing but further proof of what a complete joke of a fanbase this team has.
This

those QBs that you're comparing Freeman to would have sliced and diced the Eagles defense. Bucs get 21 points against one of the league's worst teams, and 7 of them were gifted by a botched punt.

Kinda like how Aaron Rodgers just sliced and diced the Lions, who have performed statistically identical to the Eagles defensively this season?

But I digress. I'm not comparing him to any of them. I'm simply pointing out that not only is Freeman having the best season statistically of any QB in Buccaneer history, his numbers have him on par with the elite players at his position. What the hell more do Bucs fans want from a QB? Don't answer that. We both know the obvious answer.

Luke f-ing McCown got more love from Bucs fans than the best QB in franchise history. Utterly ridiculous, and laughable.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#63 : December 10, 2012, 02:14:56 PM

having the best season statistically of any QB in Buccaneer history

I would definitely say the WR's right now are the best in Buccaneers history.   I don't even think there's any doubt.

The QB is mediocre.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#64 : December 10, 2012, 02:27:12 PM

I would definitely say the WR's right now are the best in Buccaneers history.   I don't even think there's any doubt.

I wouldn't, and yes there is. The Bucs have had some very good WR's over the years. Keyshawn Johnson was a 3-time Pro-Bowler, Keenan McCardell made 2 Pro-Bowls, and Joey Galloway, Mark Carrier, and Eddie House were no slouches either. With good QB's, like Freeman, perhaps they would have been able to put together a season like V-Jax is having in a Bucs uniform.

Interesting fact, V-Jax is having a career season so far. Amazing what having a "mediocre" QB has done for him.
: December 10, 2012, 02:29:09 PM CBWx2

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#65 : December 10, 2012, 02:32:45 PM

I wouldn't, and yes there is. The Bucs have had some very good WR's over the years. Keyshawn Johnson was a 3-time Pro-Bowler, Keenan McCardell made 2 Pro-Bowls, and Joey Galloway, Mark Carrier, and Eddie House were no slouches either. With good QB's, like Freeman, perhaps they would have been able to put together a season like V-Jax is having in a Bucs uniform.

Interesting fact, V-Jax is having a career season so far. Amazing what having a "mediocre" QB has done for him.

They never had anyone named Eddie House at WR.

I've been watching this team since day 1.   Mike Williams and VJax is the best tandem they have had.    VJax is having his best year because he never had a WR as good as Mike Williams on the field at the same time.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#66 : December 10, 2012, 02:56:46 PM

They never had anyone named Eddie House at WR.

*Kevin House

I've been watching this team since day 1.   Mike Williams and VJax is the best tandem they have had.    VJax is having his best year because he never had a WR as good as Mike Williams on the field at the same time.

::cough::  Antonio Gates ::cough::

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#67 : December 10, 2012, 03:00:00 PM

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#68 : December 10, 2012, 03:16:00 PM

The reason that I have hope for Freeman is that he's a good guy who seems dedicated. He's not an a-hole who thinks he's better than everyone. He's not out getting DUIs.

He's shown that he can at least: be mobile and extend plays, throw for a lot more TDs than INTs, throw a nice deep ball, and be an accurate short passer. The thing is that he's not good at all of those things at the same time. He needs to put all of those aspects of his game together to really be the guy that can singlehandedly win games. He needs to continue to improve his defensive recognition. I think that he's elite at calling out protections and adjusting to the defensive pressure. He's not consistent enough at finding the open receiver though, there's a lot of plays that are just missed. Hopefully these are things that improve in time, and with more comfort in the system and a familiar cast around him. I think that it's an inevitability that he puts those things together. Compared to the first couple of games of the season, I think that Freeman has improved in terms of reading defenses and finding the plays. It's just going to take a bit more learning and experience to really be good enough at it that he can adjust to anything the defense is doing to take away his plays. When he really gets comfortable, I think that we're looking at a season like Daunte Culpepper in 2004.

gone

Hall of Famer
#69 : December 10, 2012, 03:26:42 PM

This thread is nothing but further proof of what a complete joke of a fanbase this team has.
This

Teams that run the ball over 30 times win 93.6% of the time.  Stats are fun.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#70 : December 10, 2012, 03:47:12 PM

This

More fun with stats...
Since 2003, 100% of the teams who had at worst a "really good" QB, won the Super Bowl.  Since 2007, 100% of the teams that made it to the Super Bowl have had at worst, a "really good" QB.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#71 : December 10, 2012, 04:18:09 PM

This

More fun with stats...
Since 2003, 100% of the teams who had at worst a "really good" QB, won the Super Bowl.  Since 2007, 100% of the teams that made it to the Super Bowl have had at worst, a "really good" QB.

Damn. I hate having a 0% chance of winning a SB.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#72 : December 10, 2012, 04:34:47 PM

That was glorious.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#73 : December 10, 2012, 05:47:35 PM

This

More fun with stats...

Damn. I hate having a 0% chance of winning a SB.
i suspect no one thought there was a shot at that SB during preseason - nothing has changed insofar as that thought.  A lot of learning is taking place - hard to see where it will go to - good or bad. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#74 : December 10, 2012, 08:30:46 PM

This

those QBs that you're comparing Freeman to would have sliced and diced the Eagles defense. Bucs get 21 points against one of the league's worst teams, and 7 of them were gifted by a botched punt.

Again, why do you judge him on a game by game basis? Brady lost to the Cardinals in Foxboro. Ridiculous.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman not the answer...now we know « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools