Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman not the answer...now we know « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 09, 2012, 08:55:39 PM

With all the criticism, Freeman is top 5 in TDs in the league. He is top 5 in fewest ints. He is #6 in passing yardage.
He is doing this while playing a "lot of inconsistent football." SMH
we gave up a career day to rookie qb when had an 11 point lead in the 4th qtr. And some people think a change at qb is what we need. wow!

Er...are you pulling these stats out of the air, because that's not true.  He's 6th in TDs.  He's tied for 10th for fewest interceptions amongst qualified QBs.  Which are fine stats.  But he's 15th in total QBR (a flawed stat, but better than passer rating) and 31st in completion percentage.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 09, 2012, 08:59:45 PM

....but he throws a great jump ball!!

Theoldbuc

Starter

#17 : December 09, 2012, 09:00:17 PM

This board would find ways to hate on Tom Brady if he was our QB.

You type this as if Freeman's performance today doesn't deserve it.

Against a terrible D no less. Really tough to defend today's performance and I consider myself a fan.
No defense needed. On his "bad day" we had a 21-10 lead with 5 minutes to go
 Say what you will, but this is a result of failing to get a stop.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 09, 2012, 09:01:50 PM

At times I get the impression Josh isn't totally focused on what he's doing when he's doing it. A couple examples:

1. That botched handoff on our first possession. It looked like Doug was at fault, but WHY did Freeman then reach out with the ball extended, when Doug was already PAST him, with no way of seeing Josh reaching out with the ball? I mean where was his head?? When a handoff is botched like that, a smart QB will just roll out and get what he can with his feet. Poor decision on his part, IMO.
2. Then there was the rollout to one side with a throw back to Doug on the other side. Nice play, except Josh threw the ball into the turf in front of Doug. We all know Josh CAN throw a football that distance, and I didn't see any pressure on Josh. It looked to me like he didn't have his feet set when he threw. Another innexplicable lapse of concentration, IMO.

And one thing he still does that makes me nuts; throwing to a receiver who's TIGHTLY covered near the LOS, sometimes even BEHIND it. Better off throwing it away, or even running it! He did that to Doug at least once today...

Bottom line: Josh is NOT as yet an elite "the answer" QB, as he makes way too many silly mistakes. BUT, I wouldn't start searching for a new QB quite yet either.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 09, 2012, 09:07:27 PM

What would you say about Eli, had MW gave us 1st down on the NYG 19 with 12seconds left, followed by a TD AND 2pt conversion, because we would have been out of the PO race, as we seemed to be right now? Eli had 3 INTs 1st half, but gave NYG the lead late in the game.
What would you said had Eli not thrown 1 single TD pass between Oct21st and Nov25th, and not more than 1  in a 5 game stretch, actually having thrown for more than 1 in just FOUR of his 12 games?

Yes Freeman will never be a great QB on THIS team, unlike other QBs, he does not have the team around to carry him during his off games. And we all know just great QBs win in the NFL.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 09, 2012, 09:09:11 PM

Against a terrible D no less. Really tough to defend today's performance and I consider myself a fan.
No defense needed. On his "bad day" we had a 21-10 lead with 5 minutes to go
 Say what you will, but this is a result of failing to get a stop.

Can anyone here honestly say that the Egal's defense isn't better than their offense at this point? They actually have a DL that is pretty good yearly.

Their offense SHOULD NOT have been able to shred this defense. Yet, here we are, talking about how the secondary got shreaded, but blaming freeman? When was the last time the Bucs held a QB under 300 yards?

This was a nobody on a bad team beating the tar out of this defense. Freeman played one bad half, the defense played bad/horrid the entire game. I know exactly where the blame belongs.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 09, 2012, 09:28:29 PM

Point was made in another thread and I don't believe it can emphasized enough.....Josh missing throws (read opportunities to score) does in fact allow the opposition to stay in the game and build confidence which is exactly what happened today. For almost the entire 1st half both teams were completely inept...then suddenly the Eagles woke up and realized that they actually had a chance to win......THAT is what happens when you don't take care of business on your end....so yes the secondary has problems, we know this.....but when you have opportunity to control your playoff destiny by beating a team that hadn't won in forever, you simply have to get it done....period.....Josh looked confused and unsure of himself....he missed Dallas Clark a couple times....missed Mike Williams a couple times and threw a swing pass to Martin that could've easily produced a turnover....he just looks LOST sometimes.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 09, 2012, 10:51:19 PM

Meh. Philly has two VEERY good corners. I am sure they had to listen to how they "quit" against Dallas all week. Pregame report said that Reid put his two corners "on notice." They have a talented secondary regardless of opinion on effort.
: December 09, 2012, 10:53:02 PM warrenfb12

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 09, 2012, 11:28:14 PM

Cut Aaron Rodgers now! - red board

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 09, 2012, 11:42:08 PM

Freeman not the answer...now we know

This isn't true either.  I'm willing to wait a little longer.

nic247buc

Starter

#25 : December 09, 2012, 11:48:29 PM

I want to wait and give him another year with the new coaches, and he needs to learn to be a leader like Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Mannings etc...

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 10, 2012, 12:16:34 AM

We let a rookie 3rd rounder nearly drop 400 yards passing on us and Bucs fans are calling for Freeman's head... SMH

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 10, 2012, 12:21:17 AM

We let a rookie 3rd rounder nearly drop 400 yards passing on us and Bucs fans are calling for Freeman's head... SMH

To be fair, had Freeman not decided to miss almost every throw in the first half, that rookie could have hung up 500 on us and we still would have won.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#28 : December 10, 2012, 12:29:41 AM

Lol

That's the dumbest statement I've ever read on this board.   It's wrong, and it's a lie.

Freeman stinks.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 10, 2012, 12:32:48 AM

Actually the problem isn't that Freeman stinks. He is average. He puts up good numbers just often enough to make you think he is better than he is. Bad and great are convincing. But mediocre makes you live with the delusion for too many years. He is just good enough to waste our time and not good enough to get us where we want to go.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman not the answer...now we know « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools