Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman not the answer...now we know « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 10, 2012, 01:39:57 AM

Criticizing Freeman is easy. That's why most of these simple-minded clowns consistently blame him for everything. That said, Josh isn't perfect but he is playing pretty damn good for a 24 year old in this league. He played poorly in the 1st half and mediocre in the 2nd, yet still had this team poised for victory. Understand this: we are where we are because we have the most putrid excuse for a secondary that I have ever seen. Injuries, lack of talent, coaching, etc. Im sure that all of those factor in at some point. Given the state of our secondary, Schiano, who I thought has been fantastic this season for a rookie HC, completely blew it when choosing to go conservative with almost 4 minutes left in the game by running the ball on third and long. Even a casual fan knew what was coming. For him not to see it, to predict it, to account for it, is nearly unforgivable. A few more calls like that and I'll start to wonder about his future.

For the rest of you, it's a marathon, not a sprint. The team is heading in the right direction, and if they can square away the secondary in the offseason, 2013 will be one helluva year. Until then, this pass defense is a detriment to any possible hope for victory. Not Josh Freeman.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 10, 2012, 02:03:50 AM

Agree on most counts Hayseed.

Freeman played poorly but gave us a double digit lead in the 4th quarter.

A rookie QB on a horrible team shouldn't be allowed to lead two scoring drives like Foles did.

It is inexcusable.

Plus, if Freeman isn't the answer, who is? Barkley? Geno Smith?

I'm sick of having losing seasons and getting pounded on by good teams.

Sorry the idea of another 2-3 years of rebuilding and blackouts doesn't appeal to me.

Fix the defense. Let the OL heal. Ride the Freeman Rollecoaster.

At least you know theres going to be some excitement.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : December 10, 2012, 02:38:45 AM

Plus, if Freeman isn't the answer, who is?

Dude, are you blind?

You can't see the stars aligning?

Everything is setup perfectly for the Bucs to acquire Tebow in the off season and for Tebow to be the savior Hall of Fame multi Super Bowl winning starting franchise QB for the Bucs for the next 10 years.

Now if they are only smart enough to realize it....

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 10, 2012, 02:49:32 AM

Plus, if Freeman isn't the answer, who is?

Dude, are you blind?

You can't see the stars aligning?

Everything is setup perfectly for the Bucs to acquire Tebow in the off season and for Tebow to be the savior Hall of Fame multi Super Bowl winning starting franchise QB for the Bucs for the next 10 years.

Now if they are only smart enough to realize it....

Tebow is a chump.

Now, if they get rid of freeman, and pick up Johnny football, I'd be OK with that. Otherwise, I'd rather stay the course with the devil I do know.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 10, 2012, 02:55:23 AM

If Tampa bails on Freeman to acquire Tebow.

I will join you in the deep end Java.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 10, 2012, 03:18:50 AM

If Tampa bails on Freeman to acquire Tebow.

I will join you in the deep end Java.

There is only one thing good about obtaining tebow.

...For three games the team would have sellouts.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 10, 2012, 06:59:18 AM

We let a rookie 3rd rounder nearly drop 400 yards passing on us and Bucs fans are calling for Freeman's head... SMH

To be fair, had Freeman not decided to miss almost every throw in the first half, that rookie could have hung up 500 on us and we still would have won.

Had Freeman completed those throws, that rookie QB would have thrown for 500 yards on us, and we would have still lost. Foles threw the ball just enough to beat us. Had our offense done better, then he would have thrown the ball more, and still would have beaten us. Hell, had they made the two field goals they missed then we lose by two possessions instead of 2 points. Freeman playing better doesn't make our pass defense better.

We had a QB who tossed for 2 TD's, we rushed for 136 yards and another TD, didn't turn the ball over, and lead in time of possession. Those are the type of games that are supposed to go in the W column according to the principles of Schiano Ball. We lost because we couldn't stop a rookie 3rd round QB from beating us through the air in the 4th quarter. Blame Freeman all you want, but that is the stone cold truth.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 10, 2012, 07:40:33 AM

Freeman doesn't have "it". 

He's a middle of the roader QB - if you're happy with that fine. Its a damn shame that we're wasting V-Jax and Martin's skills on this losing team.  Watching other franchises succeed with rookie QBs outshining Freeman is tough to take.

You wonder what Freeman's trade value is with one year on his contract. 

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 10, 2012, 07:43:58 AM

This board would find ways to hate on Tom Brady if he was our QB.

Exactly. Don't blame that idiot Ted Larsen for the holding penatly that cost us the chance to run the clock down or that idiot Gorrer who dropped a game winning INT. Blame Freeman for throwing 2 TDs and 0 picks on a day where he again got very little pass protection with receivers apparently not running the correct routes.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 10, 2012, 07:46:27 AM

Freeman doesn't have "it". 

He's a middle of the roader QB - if you're happy with that fine. Its a damn shame that we're wasting V-Jax and Martin's skills on this losing team.  Watching other franchises succeed with rookie QBs outshining Freeman is tough to take.

You wonder what Freeman's trade value is with one year on his contract.

Dude, how can you sit there and watch these games and come away with the lose was Freemans fault? Are you there. Did you see our secondary give up almost 400 yards passing to a rookie with 4 starts under his belt? There were many things wrong with the offense yesterday, Freeman is the LEAST of worries on this team right now. Having a secondary that could stop or slow the pass would result in us having at least 3 more wins.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 10, 2012, 07:46:31 AM

It appears the four game winning streak spoiled a lot of fans.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 10, 2012, 07:52:09 AM

QB's with more TD's than Freeman: Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers.

QB's with less INT's than Freeman (400+ attempts) : Tom Brady

This thread is nothing but further proof of what a complete joke of a fanbase this team has.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 10, 2012, 08:05:34 AM

14 completions in 34 attempts isn't going to work for this team -  and against a team who lost 8 in a row.   

It would have worked for the 2002 Bucs, but this team is now supposed to be strong offensively. Freeman has Martin, V-Jax, Clark, and Williams and only could complete 14 passes all day and score ZERO points in the first two quarters. Pathetic.
: December 10, 2012, 08:07:33 AM Morgan

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 10, 2012, 08:08:06 AM

It appears the four game winning streak spoiled a lot of fans.

Or another losing streak has brought them to reality.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#44 : December 10, 2012, 08:26:21 AM

so here is the debate. It is the secondary that lost the game and not Freeman. Some of Freeman's numbers are pretty good.

Here is my reply. The secondary is in need of upgrading. However Freeman has no excuse for his poor performance now. He has playmakers all around him. The O-Line is makeshift but holding tight. If Freeman had played to his potential we would have OVERCOME the weakness in our secondary. Every week is going to be a shootout for this team until we fix the secondary. Freeman should be up to the challenge - because we know he can do it. He has done it. The personelle is there now to do it (players, coaches, 3 years worth of NFL experience). There is no excuse for him not doing enough to win yesterday. He is inconsistent. He is unreliable. He is not the future.
: December 10, 2012, 08:29:17 AM OneTruth
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman not the answer...now we know « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools