Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time to bring in the competition at the QB position « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#60 : December 10, 2012, 08:16:41 PM

I'd love for a viable back-up QB next year to push and teach Free.

None of the UFA QBs have the ability to threaten Freeman's status as the starter.

So if we opt to acquire a QB to push him it will likely have to be a rookie.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#61 : December 10, 2012, 08:17:08 PM

I'd love for a viable back-up QB next year to push and teach Free.

i think this is a myth.  if your franchise QB needs someone to "scare" him into playing well?  and what is he gonna teach free?

Never said scare him into playing well. Competition.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#62 : December 10, 2012, 08:17:44 PM

What's the possibility of Rivers getting traded?

Yuck. Rivers has been worse than Freeman over the past 30 games.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#63 : December 10, 2012, 08:21:36 PM

Actually, when somebody tries to explain his 25 TD 8 INT stats by saying it's because of Martin and VJ, that's basically giving him zero credit. Unless I missed the sarcasm.

how do you even back this statement up?  this isnt an all or nothing proposition.   

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#64 : December 10, 2012, 08:24:30 PM

And yet he manages to lead the league's 4th best scoring offense. What does that say about the 28 QB's who can't score as often as Free? (pun intended)

That Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson are **CENSORED**ing nasty, that's exactly what it says.

This guy basically said the only reason Tampa has the 4th best scoring offense is because of Dougie Martin and V-Jax

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#65 : December 10, 2012, 08:25:48 PM

Never said scare him into playing well. Competition.

if your franchise QB needs competition to play at a high level - is he really franchise?

but what really is competition from a guy on your team that wants your job?   (being afraid he's gonna take your job)   freeman watching some crusty vet in practice make a throw is gonna get freeman to make his throws?

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#66 : December 10, 2012, 08:26:41 PM

And yet he manages to lead the league's 4th best scoring offense. What does that say about the 28 QB's who can't score as often as Free? (pun intended)

That Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson are **CENSORED**ing nasty, that's exactly what it says.

This guy basically said the only reason Tampa has the 4th best scoring offense is because of Dougie Martin and V-Jax

Sorry, I must have missed the memo that we were #4 w/o them...

Oh, wait, that's right...we were ranked 27th.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#67 : December 10, 2012, 08:27:57 PM

you disagree that those guys are nasty?  anyone with half a brain knows that the offense scores points because of team effort.  its not just one guy.  its not all or nothing.  its not black and white.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#68 : December 10, 2012, 08:29:28 PM

Yes because absolutely nothing has changed since last year besides the acquisition of V-Jax and Doug Martin.

Are you serious with this garbage?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#69 : December 10, 2012, 08:29:55 PM

you disagree that those guys are nasty?  anyone with half a brain knows that the offense scores points because of team effort.  its not just one guy.  its not all or nothing.  its not black and white.

You are agreeing with me and disagreeing with him.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#70 : December 10, 2012, 08:31:37 PM

Yes because absolutely nothing has changed since last year besides the acquisition of V-Jax and Doug Martin.

Are you serious with this garbage?

Yes. So, you are implying we'd be the #4 offense in the NFL w/o them?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#71 : December 10, 2012, 08:32:39 PM

I can guarantee with Carl Nicks, Sully, Schiano, and Dallas Clark we wouldn't be 27th.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#72 : December 10, 2012, 08:37:21 PM

You are agreeing with me and disagreeing with him.

martin and vjax being nasty doesnt mean they are a 2 man team. 

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#73 : December 10, 2012, 08:39:35 PM

I agree with you, but that is what he is implying (see his most recent post)

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#74 : December 10, 2012, 08:52:20 PM

I can guarantee with Carl Nicks, Sully, Schiano, and Dallas Clark we wouldn't be 27th.
You're right, we'd probably be 26th.

None of those guys can put up points on the board.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time to bring in the competition at the QB position « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools