Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time to bring in the competition at the QB position « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 10, 2012, 09:47:58 AM

Anyone who doesnt think Freeman should have some legitimate competition is delusional.
The question is where do you find someone who can do better than 30/10 90 QBR?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#16 : December 10, 2012, 10:05:30 AM

Well, sure, Freeman should definitely look like Peyton manning out there with 3 backups blocking for him and the only original starters that are left are the 2 worst ones....

-Chase

Our fans suck!

moose40

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 10, 2012, 10:10:38 AM

Anyone who doesnt think Freeman should have some legitimate competition is delusional.

Maybe Alex Smith? If SF sticks with Kapernick(sp?) Smith might be available, and his 70 completion percentage would go well with VJax, Williams and Clark. Granted he only has 217 attempts, but if you doubled that value, just for comparison sake,  26 tds and 10 ints with 3400 passing yards isn't much different then 3192 yards with 25 tds and 8 picks from Freeman. except for better completion percentage(70 compared to 54).

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 10, 2012, 10:10:56 AM

There really isn't an incoming rookie or a FA that could come in and legitimately compete with Freeman.

Maybe Alex Smith only because he is a sensational practice player and I have to imagine that would give Schiano wood.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 10, 2012, 10:13:07 AM

Maybe Alex Smith? If SF sticks with Kapernick(sp?) Smith might be available, and his 70 completion percentage would go well with VJax, Williams and Clark. Granted he only has 217 attempts, but if you doubled that value, just for comparison sake,  26 tds and 10 ints with 3400 passing yards isn't much different then 3192 yards with 25 tds and 8 picks from Freeman. except for better completion percentage(70 compared to 54).
The guy who has been in the NFL for eight years and never thrown more than 18 TD's in a season?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 10, 2012, 10:15:29 AM

You know what. I'm on board. Lets get rid of Freeman.

Time to get back to some REAL quarterbacking! Yeehaw!

Seriously...Do you remember when 80% of this board was abuzz and excited about the prospect of Luke McCown being our Week 1 starter?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 10, 2012, 10:18:53 AM

God we had some horrible QB's..

moose40

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 10, 2012, 10:19:32 AM

The guy who has been in the NFL for eight years and never thrown more than 18 TD's in a season?

If people have used the excuse of bad coaching and bad systems for Freeman the previous three years, I'm going to say bad coaching and bad systems for Alex Smith. Didn't Harbaugh just go to the niners last year, and Smith made the playoffs? sure 17 tds last year isn't much, but only 5 picks with 3100 yards and a 61% completion rating.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 10, 2012, 10:21:20 AM

Yes we sure have youngone.

I'm not too excited about the prospect of reverting back to watching that level of QB play on Sundays.

Something which I liken to watching your poo circle around the toliet

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 10, 2012, 10:23:44 AM

If people have used the excuse of bad coaching and bad systems for Freeman the previous three years, I'm going to say bad coaching and bad systems for Alex Smith. Didn't Harbaugh just go to the niners last year, and Smith made the playoffs? sure 17 tds last year isn't much, but only 5 picks with 3100 yards and a 61% completion rating.

7 years of excuses for Alex Smith is a little more extreme than 3.

Along with that, Harbaugh replaced Smith at his first opportunity and even attempted to do so sooner (Flirting with Peyton)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 10, 2012, 10:28:02 AM

Along with that, Harbaugh replaced Smith at his first opportunity and even attempted to do so sooner (Flirting with Peyton)
Especially considering in one of those three years with bad coaching, Freeman had a great season.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 10, 2012, 10:29:46 AM

It's really funny how much people gripe about Freeman. Replace him they scream! He stinks they scream. Freeman will break every buccaneer passing record by seasons end and yet people talk like he is the reason we don't make the playoffs. He is around the 10th best QB in the league and people want him off the team. It's crazy really.

So say you find a QB who can beat that 30/10/90 that Freeman has going. Does that really help us that much? A reasonable person would want to improve our weakest spot not try to improve one of our strongest spots. Our pass defense is last, and last by a good amount. If they improve even to 20th next year we win a lot more games.

Freeman will get his long term deal and he will NOT get a high round draft pick to compete with, it's waste. He'll be the guy whether you like it or not and we'll continue to focus on our defense.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

moose40

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 10, 2012, 10:34:02 AM

Especially considering in one of those three years with bad coaching, Freeman had a great season.

I agree with you there, he had one great season. I'm not saying replace him, I'm simply saying he is what he is , imo, which is an avg nfl qb. He's going to give us games like week 1 against the Panthers, and has the ability to fight back like he did against the Broncos, but then he's also going to have the bad games where all you remember is the skipped passes, and 10yard overthrows. --I'm not saying Smith is the answer (I think he's comparable to Freeman but a bit more accurate), and I'm not saying Freeman is the answer. I would just like to see the Bucs for once have an elite qb.

One things for sure, I'm glad we have him instead of someone like Ponder. But I'll be honest and say I wanted the Bucs to draft Aaron Rodgers, and I wanted them to draft Andy Dalton. I'd take either of those over Freeman.
: December 10, 2012, 10:36:28 AM moose40

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 10, 2012, 10:58:00 AM

I agree with you there, he had one great season. I'm not saying replace him, I'm simply saying he is what he is , imo, which is an avg nfl qb. He's going to give us games like week 1 against the Panthers, and has the ability to fight back like he did against the Broncos, but then he's also going to have the bad games where all you remember is the skipped passes, and 10yard overthrows. --I'm not saying Smith is the answer (I think he's comparable to Freeman but a bit more accurate), and I'm not saying Freeman is the answer. I would just like to see the Bucs for once have an elite qb.

One things for sure, I'm glad we have him instead of someone like Ponder. But I'll be honest and say I wanted the Bucs to draft Aaron Rodgers, and I wanted them to draft Andy Dalton. I'd take either of those over Freeman.

dude....Smith is not an avg NFL QB. His completion percentage is a result of the offense they ran. lots of short stuff and the occasional play action.

secondly, does Rodgers become Rodgers without the Packers staff and sitting behind Favre for a couple years? Does Steve Young become the same QB in Tampa as he did in SF? You wanted the Bucs to spend a high second rounder on Dalton the year after they drafted Freeman?

youre all over the place.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

nic247buc

Starter

#29 : December 10, 2012, 11:10:02 AM

Sure Freeman needs work, we all agree but if you remember 10yrs ago we didn't have that awesome qb, we had the #1 defense. Josh give him another year under this coaching staff, and get this defense going.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time to bring in the competition at the QB position « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools