Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time to bring in the competition at the QB position « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 10, 2012, 11:25:08 AM

I think it's time for tebow. And I'm almost serious. Bucs fans feel under appreciated by the media - check. Bucs fans need a reason to buy tickets - check. Freeman has awful timing and poor accuracy, so does tebow. Freeman has a great deep ball, so does tebow. Both are considered great leaders, both are great at comebacks.

#freetebow

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

moose40

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 10, 2012, 11:27:37 AM

If people have used the excuse of bad coaching and bad systems for Freeman the previous three years, I'm going to say bad coaching and bad systems for Alex Smith. Didn't Harbaugh just go to the niners last year, and Smith made the playoffs? sure 17 tds last year isn't much, but only 5 picks with 3100 yards and a 61% completion rating.

7 years of excuses for Alex Smith is a little more extreme than 3.

Along with that, Harbaugh replaced Smith at his first opportunity and even attempted to do so sooner (Flirting with Peyton)
Especially considering in one of those three years with bad coaching, Freeman had a great season.

I agree with you there, he had one great season. I'm not saying replace him, I'm simply saying he is what he is , imo, which is an avg nfl qb. He's going to give us games like week 1 against the Panthers, and has the ability to fight back like he did against the Broncos, but then he's also going to have the bad games where all you remember is the skipped passes, and 10yard overthrows. --I'm not saying Smith is the answer (I think he's comparable to Freeman but a bit more accurate), and I'm not saying Freeman is the answer. I would just like to see the Bucs for once have an elite qb.

One things for sure, I'm glad we have him instead of someone like Ponder. But I'll be honest and say I wanted the Bucs to draft Aaron Rodgers, and I wanted them to draft Andy Dalton. I'd take either of those over Freeman.

dude....Smith is not an avg NFL QB. His completion percentage is a result of the offense they ran. lots of short stuff and the occasional play action.

secondly, does Rodgers become Rodgers without the Packers staff and sitting behind Favre for a couple years? Does Steve Young become the same QB in Tampa as he did in SF? You wanted the Bucs to spend a high second rounder on Dalton the year after they drafted Freeman?

youre all over the place.

dude, Rodgers would succeed pretty much anywhere he went. If he comes here, and runs a west coast offense of Gruden's, with McCarthy running a west coast version,  I doubt Rodgers wouldn't have had similar success here. And sure, I wanted Dalton, The Sanchez/Stafford/Freeman draft, I wasn't impressed with  any of the choices, and the Bucs needed a qb, and with Rah having served as d coordinator at Freeman's alma mater, it was easy to see how Freeman came here.
Not sure how I'm all over the place, simply saying I would have liked seeing Rodgers come here, with a West Coast system. that didn't work out, the Griese/Simms/Rattay/Grads block of qbs were not good, so I can see why qb was a need. I didn't think Freeman was a top qb, and so far, he's hasn't proven me wrong, so yeah, I would like to have seen Dalton come in.
As to Smith, I said he's comparable to Freeman in most statistical categories this year as a discussion point to FRG's post. .(if you doubled his attempts, since he's had about half the attempts of Freeman), but not saying that I want Smith here.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 10, 2012, 11:28:27 AM

I think it's time for tebow. And I'm almost serious. Bucs fans feel under appreciated by the media - check. Bucs fans need a reason to buy tickets - check. Freeman has awful timing and poor accuracy, so does tebow. Freeman has a great deep ball, so does tebow. Both are considered great leaders, both are great at comebacks.

#freetebow

Java must have hacked your account :)

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 10, 2012, 12:17:44 PM

I'm not too excited about the prospect of reverting back to watching that level of QB play on Sundays.

Something which I liken to watching your poo circle around the toliet

Were you blindfolded during yesterdays game??...cause that's exactly what we saw...

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#34 : December 10, 2012, 12:20:55 PM

#freetebow

If the Bucs management have anything on the ball at all, they will get Tebow in a Bucs uniform.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 10, 2012, 12:57:08 PM

This is the exact reason I wanted us to take Russell Wilson...

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 10, 2012, 01:19:53 PM

Well, sure, Freeman should definitely look like Peyton manning out there with 3 backups blocking for him and the only original starters that are left are the 2 worst ones....

Why not?  Foles looked like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning all wrapped into one and he was playing with 3 backups to the backup, 1 backup, and 1 starter on the OLine... his 2nd and 3rd string RB's, the backup TE, and the 3rd... 4th... and 5th WR's.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 10, 2012, 01:52:11 PM

People said this was a bad idea earlier in the year when Dan the man was signed. 

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 10, 2012, 06:29:36 PM

I'm sorry.....but was Freeman playing in the secondary yesterday? Was he the reason Foles and every other qb in this league drops 300+ yards on us?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 10, 2012, 06:34:51 PM

Part of me wants to see the Bucs cut Freeman, then spend a first round pick on a QB.

Then have Freeman play them next year on some other team and drop 500 yards on this terrible secondary.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#40 : December 10, 2012, 06:37:42 PM

#freetebow

Can anyone figure how this translates to 25 tds/ 8 ints and a 92.1 QB rating in 13 games? Tebow! :P

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 10, 2012, 06:40:47 PM

Why do we need Tebow? We are set at fullback with Lorig.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 10, 2012, 06:42:04 PM

I'm not too excited about the prospect of reverting back to watching that level of QB play on Sundays.

Something which I liken to watching your poo circle around the toliet

Were you blindfolded during yesterdays game??...cause that's exactly what we saw...

You must not remember the horrors of Pick-Six Griese and Batted Ball Chrissy

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 10, 2012, 06:44:49 PM

Well, sure, Freeman should definitely look like Peyton manning out there with 3 backups blocking for him and the only original starters that are left are the 2 worst ones....

Why not?  Foles looked like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning all wrapped into one and he was playing with 3 backups to the backup, 1 backup, and 1 starter on the OLine... his 2nd and 3rd string RB's, the backup TE, and the 3rd... 4th... and 5th WR's.

Trade Freeman and our 2013 an 2014 first round draft picks for Nick Foles. IMMEDIATELY.

Andy Reid QBs always perform exceptionally well outside of his system.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 10, 2012, 06:50:45 PM

Larry Fitgerald disagrees with you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time to bring in the competition at the QB position « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools