Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Sheridan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mooil

Practice Squad
: December 09, 2012, 09:48:47 PM

The Bucs secondary is porous, that goes without saying. But you have to wonder how much of that is attributed to Sheridan's scheme as opposed to talent. This Sheridan guy was a scrub as a D-coordinator with NYG, and he shouldn't be returning next year based on merit. It will be interesting to see who will be available in the off-season to   replace him. I personally would like Romeo Crennel, but what do you think?

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 09, 2012, 10:01:16 PM

i hate to switch things up after only 1 year.  you have to like how they are defending the run.  as for the bad pass defense, its not on sheridan that we have a bunch of scrap heap guys signed off the street out there playing CB.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 09, 2012, 10:01:55 PM

Maybe Jack del Rio....hell maybe Monte?

Thanks for the sig Java!

youngone

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 09, 2012, 10:05:28 PM

I would hope that if they made a switch they would keep the same front 7 coaches for the purpose of continuity. They are definitely worth keeping IMO.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 09, 2012, 10:06:08 PM

This guy was FIRED in nymph.  Why?  Worst Giants D in fifty years.  He sucks here.  Anyone who defends him is stupid.   Bad hire.  Crappy DC.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 09, 2012, 10:06:32 PM

Can Sheridan tommorrow, make Butch Davis DC.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 09, 2012, 10:09:37 PM

how much of that is attributed to Sheridan's scheme as opposed to talent.

It's Schiano's scheme

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 09, 2012, 10:09:54 PM

Not hard to have a good run D when your LBs sell out on every play against the run.

JohnBuc06

Starter
#8 : December 09, 2012, 10:13:51 PM

i hate to switch things up after only 1 year.  you have to like how they are defending the run.  as for the bad pass defense, its not on sheridan that we have a bunch of scrap heap guys signed off the street out there playing CB.

Normally I would agree with this ...give him some better talent in the defensive backfield and see how it goes.  Especially when you're playing guys that at best are another teams Special Teams players only.  But man this pass D has got to be historically bad.  I wouldn't be opposed to him getting the boot.  Maybe promote one of the front 7 guys if they merit it to keep some continuity.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 09, 2012, 10:14:54 PM

how much of that is attributed to Sheridan's scheme as opposed to talent.

It's Schiano's scheme

Fine...dude still can't call a defense.  He stinks out loud.
: December 09, 2012, 10:28:32 PM The Anomaly

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 09, 2012, 10:26:37 PM

Actually, the Sheridan-led Giants defense gave up points not passing yards

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 09, 2012, 10:29:33 PM

Are you arguing he's a good DC?  Feel free to provide proof.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 09, 2012, 10:32:25 PM

Are you arguing he's a good DC?  Feel free to provide proof.

no just pointing out the results are not identical. I dont like the scheme

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 09, 2012, 10:35:21 PM

Yeah, i just looked that up a few ago and they were 15th against the pass that year. As mentioned, they gave up unreal points that year. He needs to go IMO. Considering how Schianos assistant coaching search went last year, not even sure Sheridan was really who he wanted. I dont recall how that hire went.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 10, 2012, 04:02:45 AM

Yeah, i just looked that up a few ago and they were 15th against the pass that year. As mentioned, they gave up unreal points that year. He needs to go IMO. Considering how Schianos assistant coaching search went last year, not even sure Sheridan was really who he wanted. I dont recall how that hire went.

I believe he's so bad at calling plays, that if they fire him, I'll promise to buy season tickets next season.

The guy is #1 vs the run for a reason, and it's not because of the defense overall, but rather the constant attack on the run. I understand the theory. Get them lopsided on one side of the ball and make them have only one form of attack, got it. But seriously, we don't have to have every guy in the box or out at the endzone on every play.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Sheridan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools