Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Sheridan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

watson

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 10, 2012, 04:14:40 AM

I"m not sold on Cooper as DBs coach.  Was not impressed with him when he was at SC and the DBs haven't done much of anything all year......even when Talib and Wright were the starters.  That game against the Giants was a WRs track meet and our DBs couldn't get out of the starting gate.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 10, 2012, 07:48:52 AM

We got torched with Wright and Talib out there as well.  It is the scheme and DC.  They both suck.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 10, 2012, 08:26:26 AM

Sheridan oversaw the 30th ranked defense for a talented New York squad in 2009 and we are currently the 29th ranked defense. His scheme just doesn't work.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 10, 2012, 08:30:06 AM

Sheridan oversaw the 30th ranked defense for a talented New York squad in 2009 and we are currently the 29th ranked defense. His scheme just doesn't work.

I think the Giants were ranked 14th if we are talking yards, but they may have been last in scoring.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#19 : December 10, 2012, 08:31:29 AM

Derrick Brooks would make an awesome secondary coach. Just listening to him drop some pearls during yesterday's radio broadcast....

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 10, 2012, 08:55:30 AM

I think the Giants were ranked 14th if we are talking yards, but they may have been last in scoring.

You're right. I gave yardage for us, but points for the Giants. My bad.

He still isn't good.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/2009.htm

watson

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 10, 2012, 08:58:42 AM

Derrick Brooks would make an awesome secondary coach. Just listening to him drop some pearls during yesterday's radio broadcast....
I like the idea, but I've heard DB say on many occassions that he has no interest in going into coaching.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 10, 2012, 08:59:16 AM

He's running Schiano's scheme
: December 10, 2012, 09:03:48 AM bradentonian

watson

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 10, 2012, 09:01:30 AM

He's running Schiano's sheme
Agree....

Truths:

Bootz2004

Starter

#24 : December 10, 2012, 09:23:59 AM

This team is top against the run, top 5 in turnovers, and currently playing with practice squad players at corner. The back end of this defense is horrible. Barber has lost a step or 4 and Barron walks around with a confused look on his face all the time after a completion is made in his area. And let's not forget how badly this defense played last season. They had a long way to come from.

Give Sheridan time and quality players. When EJ Biggers, Leonard Johnson, and Danny Gorrer are your top 3 corners it should surprise no one that the pass D stinks. He's already made strides with the run D portion and the turnovers have been consistent.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 10, 2012, 09:47:39 AM

We would need Revis, Joseph and a 27 year old Barber for this scheme to work.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 10, 2012, 10:16:38 AM

I can't say either way if Schiano's scheme works or not considering we have Walmart bag boys as corners in a scheme that leaves corners on islands. But this I know, 1 run D, #1 in TFL, #1 in negative plays and yardage. The pass defense is the weak link, and go figure, it's Gorrer, Biggers, and Johnson. Maybe with NFL starting caliber man corners things look a whole lot different.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 10, 2012, 10:19:58 AM

We would need Revis, Joseph and a 27 year old Barber for this scheme to work.

How about Banks, Poyer, and  DRC?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 10, 2012, 12:20:24 PM

Hello?  Wow...even when we had talib and wright starting we gave up crazy passing yards.  The personnel did not matter.  Why give sheridan another f ed year of sucking.  He was fired/demoted in nyc.  He stinks again.  Trend?

Gobucs991940

Second String
#29 : December 10, 2012, 01:35:46 PM

I am willing to give Sheridan another year. Get healthy - get a bunch of players back that can seriously help this ball club and an offseason on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Cut Wright and get 3 legitimate corners in the building.

Ronde retires, move Barron to SS and Black to FS full-time. I'd love to sign Jairus Byrd but I doubt that happens.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Sheridan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools