Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well....we are who we thought we were « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« : December 09, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »

...a 6 to 7 win team. That's where most people thought we would be in pre-season.

I think we win one more game (unless that Falcons game is against their backups, then maybe two more wins) but that's it. Forget about playoffs. That conversation ended with the Falcons loss like I said at the time. (Sorry ufojoe...but like I said, I know my football.)

With Freeman.... ..... You know the funny thing about statistics is that they can sometimes lie. I think they lie when it comes to Josh Freeman. I think we are at a point where we can say that season statistics are masking a very inconsistent and a mediocre-at-best QB. He has put together a few good drives. He has put together some good games. He has made some comebacks. But when he is off, he is WAY OFF and it drags the entire team down with him. Not to mention we got a receiver like Vjax who catches even badly thrown balls if they are anywhere in his zip code. So that further masks Freeman's issues. Freeman has some serious accuracy problems. And that's NOT something that is easily fixed. That is a problem that might never improve.

This team still has a lot of holes to fill, a lot of growing up to do, and a lot of work to do before its ready for post-season play. It is simply not at that caliber.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 09, 2012, 07:55:06 PM »

this team is much better than last year and honestly weve overachieved based on my preseason expectations.  freeman still has work to do but thats no surprise.

the defense and OL will continue to hold us back until we get them fixed. getting our two guards back will help immensely but our RT situation is not good at all. the secondary is a hot steaming mess right now. 21 points was more than enough to beat philly if we had even an average secondary that could function without holding, interfering, blowing coverages and dropping gift INTs

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 09, 2012, 08:09:26 PM »

I don't see the differance in defense from last year. Except for the over-exaggeration of run defense.

A BACK-UP QB should NOT be able to torch this defense! It's just not acceptable. Say what anyone wants, it's not. Especially when they are missing weapons besides and haven't played very well the last 8 games. Tampa will now lose out because they have no talent in the backfield, and if the Eagles turdnugget of a QB can whoop them, Ryan and Brees won't have any problem. The defensive system doesn't work. McCoy's look says it all. He doesn't even know wtf is going on on the sideline.

The blame is two-fold though (for this game). Schiano/sullivan for calling for a run and depending on the defense to stop them towards the end, and the first two quarters of doing nothing on both sides of the ball.

Schiano: You want to play "conservative" football? Well... you have a "conservative" record to match! I sure hope that sits in your mind as you watch other teams go to playoffs!

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucsWin31

Starter

« #3 : December 09, 2012, 08:51:29 PM »

This is no surprise given our situation, but this was the 1 game we should have gone above and beyond to win. That 3 and 7 call was pure trash, play to win the game. Can't have a 10 year ceremony and lose to a losing Eagles team. And of course lets not forget our "corners".Every week EJ Biggers proves he's not capable of playing at a high level, yet not only his is still on the team but starts!! I for one didn't care too much for the playoffs because we don't have a pass defense to compete with anyone. We have no pass rush, yet guys like Jason Babin are sitting around. Gimme a break....same ol inconsistent Bucs

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 09, 2012, 10:00:19 PM »

Exactly. Play to win the game and make calls accordingly!

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

« #5 : December 09, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »

...a 6 to 7 win team. That's where most people thought we would be in pre-season.

I think we win one more game (unless that Falcons game is against their backups, then maybe two more wins) but that's it. Forget about playoffs. That conversation ended with the Falcons loss like I said at the time. (Sorry ufojoe...but like I said, I know my football.)

With Freeman.... ..... You know the funny thing about statistics is that they can sometimes lie. I think they lie when it comes to Josh Freeman. I think we are at a point where we can say that season statistics are masking a very inconsistent and a mediocre-at-best QB. He has put together a few good drives. He has put together some good games. He has made some comebacks. But when he is off, he is WAY OFF and it drags the entire team down with him. Not to mention we got a receiver like Vjax who catches even badly thrown balls if they are anywhere in his zip code. So that further masks Freeman's issues. Freeman has some serious accuracy problems. And that's NOT something that is easily fixed. That is a problem that might never improve.

This team still has a lot of holes to fill, a lot of growing up to do, and a lot of work to do before its ready for post-season play. It is simply not at that caliber.

If we can't beat Eagles backups, I doubt that we beat falcons backups!

* Vince Jackson.png (77.86 kB, 300x168 - viewed 49 times.)
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well....we are who we thought we were « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools