Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Couple of things to clear up on Defense « previous next »
Page: 1

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: December 10, 2012, 12:19:04 AM

1. This defensive scheme is Schiano's, not Sheridan's.
2. All Sherdain does it call the plays.
3. This team has zero depth everywhere, secondary is running on Tuesday's garbage pick up.
4. We still have the #1 rushing defense in the NFL.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 10, 2012, 07:17:23 AM

The defensive line also fails to get pressure on the QB when it is most needed. It's nice to get a sack on 1st down and put the other team in a hole. And its nice to have the #1 defense against the run. But when it's 3rd and 12, everyone knows a pass is coming, and the QB sits back there all day and ends up converting it.....that highlights a problem that needs to be addressed somehow.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 10, 2012, 07:49:56 AM

Fives sacks in one game doesn't sound like pressure?
: December 10, 2012, 07:52:24 AM BucfanNC12

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 10, 2012, 08:08:07 AM

The defensive line also fails to get pressure on the QB when it is most needed. It's nice to get a sack on 1st down and put the other team in a hole. And its nice to have the #1 defense against the run. But when it's 3rd and 12, everyone knows a pass is coming, and the QB sits back there all day and ends up converting it.....that highlights a problem that needs to be addressed somehow.

But ...but.... Biggs said our pass rush problems were solved because we got a few sacks today.  How can this be?

I guess we can chalk  it up to the thought process of the simpleton. Ah.

Good post .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 10, 2012, 11:40:20 AM

. But when it's 3rd and 12, everyone knows a pass is coming, and the QB sits back there all day and ends up converting it.....that highlights a problem that needs to be addressed somehow.

We've called blitzes, stunts, and even prevent and nothing has been effective. So what's the answer?

I attempt to find a #1 cb this offseason. Then I call up some defensive wizard to see if we can find something that works on the back end while continuing what we are doing with our front end

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Couple of things to clear up on Defense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools