Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We have the 14th pick right now. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 10, 2012, 03:56:30 PM

we HAVE to double up on corners this draft

1st - milliner, rhodes, banks
2nd - poyer, ryan, amerson
3rd - DE/DT

Gobucs991940

Second String
#31 : December 10, 2012, 04:02:13 PM

Gotta go CB in both rounds 1 and 2, period. From there we need to draft a defensive lineman. I'd also like to see us draft a backup RB in rounds 3-5. Doug Martin needs a backup we don't need to burn him out. Just someone to spell him occasionally and give him a breather. I think Kenjon Barner would be terrific for us and give us a nice change of pace and more speed on offense.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 10, 2012, 04:11:04 PM

I would like to see some veteran experience at corner still. Not sure if Barber will be back and from the looks of it that means A. Black at FS being the wise old man with his, I think 2 years in the NFL. Doesn't need to be a #1 but a nickle with leadership and some skills would be nice. Even if we get such a player, I would like to see CB go 1 and two as well but OT in the 3rd.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 10, 2012, 04:12:49 PM

im partial to jonathan franklin of UCLA and we can get him somewhere near the 4th-5th round

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#34 : December 10, 2012, 04:21:22 PM

im partial to jonathan franklin of UCLA and we can get him somewhere near the 4th-5th round
He had a good game vs. stanford.

I think we need to get a safety, maybe phillip thomas.

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#35 : December 10, 2012, 04:47:45 PM

Let's start "Tankin for Hankin"

Throw Big Fella on the line with  McCoy, Clayborn, Bennett, and Bowers....that might generate some pass rush.

:: CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN\'T LOSE ::

#36 : December 10, 2012, 08:22:52 PM

I think CB has to be built through the draft. Good CBs cost too much in free agency. We'll easily burn through the cap if we try to rebuild the secondary that way.

Disagree. Who was the last CB to come in through the draft and make a big difference for their team in the first 2 years. Even Revis took 3 or 4. We need guys who can play now. I'd be happy with either Cromartie.

Well Revis wasn't "Revis Island" in year one, but he was awfully good as a rookie, and in his second year he was in the Pro Bowl.

Devin McCourty may not be playing like it now, but he made second team All-Pro as a rookie and had 7 picks, 1 sack, 2 FF, and 17 pdf. Joe Haden made an instant impact for the Browns, and had 6 picks. Brandon Flowers was good right away as well.

Don't forget Vontae Davis & Sean Smith if BucsBay is talkin' first 2 yrs.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#37 : December 10, 2012, 08:26:35 PM

Richard Sherman is probably the best CB with revis injured and this is only his 2nd year. Point is rookies can make an impact just some need a little more time.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We have the 14th pick right now. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools