Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Freeman2WilliamsTD

Rookie

: December 10, 2012, 01:53:16 AM

It appears he and the vikings aren't getting along.  I have heard rumors about him dogging his ankle rehab, plus his trade requests from before this seaosn.

What would you be willing to give up to get him on the Bucs?

He would be the ideal #3/slot WR plus an elite ST return man.  I'd give up a 3rd round pick.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : December 10, 2012, 01:56:44 AM

can he play corner?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 10, 2012, 02:07:12 AM

Having him on this team would be a waste in my opinion.

It would take a boat load to acquire him and he would be taking snaps away from Doug Martin, V-Jax, Mike Williams or even more importantly they would be taking snaps away from him.

Fix the defense and the wins will come.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 10, 2012, 06:20:45 AM

Having him on this team would be a waste in my opinion.

It would take a boat load to acquire him and he would be taking snaps away from Doug Martin, V-Jax, Mike Williams or even more importantly they would be taking snaps away from him.

Fix the defense and the wins will come.

A good OC would allow him to be involved in the game much like how he's being used in Minnesota - he's versatile enough that he can play in the backfield, the slot or out wide....I don't see how his utilization would be a problem for others but lets take this another level....what does Mike Williams bring to the table that Percy can't match and exceed?

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 10, 2012, 07:06:32 AM

So we have...
no pass rush (in most games)
a bunch of DBs that are so bad a PewterReport Allstar team could toast them for at least 3 TDs
a QB that plays well on roughly 33% of his snaps (and that number might be stretching it
and you want to throw money at Harvin when we already have Jackson, Williams & Martin in the 3 main "skill positions"

Bootz2004

Starter

#5 : December 10, 2012, 09:08:32 AM

I've felt all season that we needed to improve our slot position. Moving V-jax there on 3rd down isn't the solution. We need a better 3rd receiver. Underwood has been okay this season but he's not very consistent. Benn has been a disappointment since he got here.

The problem with Harvin is he's always injured for 1 reason or another. If it's not a real injury its his migranes. For the price it would take to get him is he worth it?  Also he wouldn't be taking away snaps from the other offensive playmakers because they'd be on the field at the same time. He'd take away the double coverage MW & V-jax got most of the game yesterday.

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
#6 : December 10, 2012, 09:14:59 AM

can he play corner?

Haha!!!!!!!   ;)

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 10, 2012, 09:58:24 AM

So he was a problem at UF, a problem in Minnesota and you want to give up a premium pick for him?

Bootz2004

Starter

#8 : December 10, 2012, 10:02:43 AM

So he was a problem at UF, a problem in Minnesota and you want to give up a premium pick for him?

If they wanted a 4th I'd do it

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 10, 2012, 10:08:33 AM

When was he a problem at UF? He had one ankle injury and PLAYED hurt in the 2008 championship game and came up big too.

Put him on a team where he isn't the only receiving threat and he'll do great.

can he play corner?
Right? I mean, there aren't too many bigger fans of Percy Harvin but WR isn't anywhere near our concern right now!

Let's attack CB, FS, OLB, TE first.
: December 10, 2012, 10:10:09 AM GatorBuc85

-Chase

Our fans suck!

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 10, 2012, 10:46:28 AM

When was he a problem at UF? He had one ankle injury and PLAYED hurt in the 2008 championship game and came up big too.

"Harvin, who played for the Gators from 2006-08, reportedly was one of three players who missed the 2008 season opener after allegedly failing drug tests for marijuana - penalties dictated by university policy - although Meyer publicly blamed an injury for Harvin's absence. "

"Harvin also refused to run stadium steps with the rest of the team during offseason conditioning before the 2007 season, according to the Sporting News, and once allegedly threw wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales to the ground by his neck. "

"Harvin told strength and conditioning coaches while boycotting stadium runs, "this (expletive) ends now," according to the report, and the team played basketball as conditioning the next day. "

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_20357723/vikings-percy-harvin-reportedly-had-drug-discipline-issues

We finally got rid of all the losers like Winslow, Jackson and Talib and you guys want to give up a good pick and a big contract for a new one.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 10, 2012, 12:06:27 PM

Is it possible to go back draft him instead of Freeman?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 10, 2012, 07:47:46 PM

That is what Skip and I were saying 4 years ago....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

NovaBuc

Starter

#13 : December 10, 2012, 07:55:24 PM

Since I get the feeling Harvin would not want to be 'a 3rd receiver', I don't think it'd be a good fit. Honestly, I think Williams runs better routes and has more 'fight' in him when contesting a catch. Not to mention Williams is one of the better receivers in the league when it comes to getting his feet in bounds on plays at the back of the end zone or on the sidelines. I can't really recall too many catches like that from Harvin. Right now, unless the coaches have brought in every warm body they can to see if they can play corner I don't think we should even begin to entertain the idea of trying to trade for any other position.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 10, 2012, 09:49:33 PM

and who would be throwing the ball, Luke McCown, Josh Johnson?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools