Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles loss: Reminded me of 2008 Raiders home game... « previous next »
Page: 1

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

: December 10, 2012, 11:14:07 AM

Double digit lead, under 10 minutes to play, at home, inferior team, playoffs at stake

Bad taste in mouth. Bad loss.  :-\

m_j

Starter

#1 : December 10, 2012, 11:34:33 AM

we belonged in the playoffs 2008.  we do not now.

still, we had a realistic chance to win all but two games this year. this sounds awful good!  for me this is a good  season and if it turns into a new beginn I'll be very happy. Rah years were nothing but horror!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : December 10, 2012, 12:24:52 PM

I don't think the 2008 team belonged in the playoffs after Kiffin made his announcement.   Prior to that, yes.

The difference between this year's Eagles loss and that 2008 Raiders loss is the Raiders had won the previous week and were improving.   The Eagles hadn't won a game in 8 games and were without their starting RB and QB.   In 2008, the bucs had that game won until Caddy went out with an injury as well.   Martin did not go down with an injury and the Bucs still lost to the Eagles.   

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 10, 2012, 12:42:10 PM

That raiders game i just remember for caddy going down, never saw a whole stadium as shocked/silent as at that moment, thinking back still scares me today. Without that we win, gruden stays, Favre might come here and Peyton maybe this year. I would like to see how this would have played out.
I see no similarities between both games at all.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles loss: Reminded me of 2008 Raiders home game... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools