Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS OFFENSIVE GAME GRADES VS. PHILLY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #30 : December 10, 2012, 10:05:06 PM »

EastEnd (in the story comments) disagreed with my D grade for Freeman. I think it is pretty much right on. What do y'all think?

First half......     .D
Second half.......B

Game grade.......C

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« #31 : December 10, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »

EastEnd (in the story comments) disagreed with my D grade for Freeman. I think it is pretty much right on. What do y'all think?

First half......     .D
Second half.......B

Game grade.......C

How can the first half be anything other than a F? 5-for-16, 44 QB rating, no points. What exactly did you see? I am actually watching the game again right now. Truthfully it looks worse on TV. The first pass (lateral) and the screen to Martin that lost yards were brutal.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #32 : December 10, 2012, 10:16:18 PM »

I agree that the first half, Freeman gets an F.  2nd half, a C.   Game grade = D.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #33 : December 10, 2012, 10:21:51 PM »

First half......     .D
Second half.......B

Game grade.......C

How can the first half be anything other than a F? 5-for-16, 44 QB rating, no points. What exactly did you see? I am actually watching the game again right now. Truthfully it looks worse on TV. The first pass (lateral) and the screen to Martin that lost yards were brutal.

It could of been worse MC.    Say he threw 2 or 3 picks in the first half.  That would merit a F grade.   Hence the D grade.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #34 : December 10, 2012, 10:25:31 PM »

First half......     .D
Second half.......B

Game grade.......C

It could of been worse MC.    Say he threw 2 or 3 picks in the first half.  That would merit a F grade.   Hence the D grade.

So because the defense dropped a few gifts from Freeman...Freeman gets a pass cause they didn't go down as INTs?

Freeman's passes in the first half were not even close. The worst half of football I have seen him play. The "it could have been worse" argument can always be made...but it's an excuse. You are better than that AJ.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

« #35 : December 10, 2012, 10:57:02 PM »

I don't understand what people saw in the second half.

Was it better than the first half?

Sure, but it was still a poor performance in my opinion.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #36 : December 11, 2012, 12:13:37 AM »

His QBR was over 110 in the second half.  Even if you take away the "gift" TD, his QBR was still over 90. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #37 : December 11, 2012, 08:57:35 AM »

When under pressure Freeman didn’t complete a pass, going 0 of 9, and many of those nine were way off target. As soon as he feels pressure he rushes his throws and becomes extremely inaccurate. His QB rating with no pressure was a very impressive 106.9, but against pressure just 39.6.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/11/refo-eagles-buccaneers-week-14/

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #38 : December 11, 2012, 09:16:02 AM »

When under pressure Freeman didn’t complete a pass, going 0 of 9, and many of those nine were way off target. As soon as he feels pressure he rushes his throws and becomes extremely inaccurate. His QB rating with no pressure was a very impressive 106.9, but against pressure just 39.6.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/11/refo-eagles-buccaneers-week-14/

The 2010 Freeman was Brees-like under pressure.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 11, 2012, 09:34:21 AM »

Free has had that trouble under pressure ever since the line fell apart.  Honestly I think he really misses a reliable outlet guy like Parker

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #40 : December 11, 2012, 09:40:59 AM »

I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I believe a lot of those wormburners and overthrows are intentional throwaways by Freeman.  I think he's trying to get specific looks and if they aren't there, he's throwing it away.  I think if we had a reliable guy who could get open underneath like Parker or Graham those would be checkdowns.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #41 : December 11, 2012, 09:43:17 AM »

I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I believe a lot of those wormburners and overthrows are intentional throwaways by Freeman.  I think he's trying to get specific looks and if they aren't there, he's throwing it away.  I think if we had a reliable guy who could get open underneath like Parker or Graham those would be checkdowns.

If this is true, why didn't he "intentionally throw it away" when he decided to throw it backwards to a player who was double-covered?

I think you're giving Freeman more credit than he deserves.  He isn't Peyton Manning.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #42 : December 11, 2012, 09:44:27 AM »

The 2010 Freeman was Brees-like under pressure.

IMO, I believe K2 helped out a lot with that. He was the definition of a safety valve for Freeman.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #43 : December 11, 2012, 09:46:52 AM »

IMO, I believe K2 helped out a lot with that. He was the definition of a safety valve for Freeman.

Could be.  The 2009/2010 K2 was a different player before his physical decline in 2011 and 2012, so that's a possibility.

But, there were times were Clark was open and Freeman just didn't see him.  Who the hell knows....

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #44 : December 11, 2012, 09:54:40 AM »

It's possible to a certain extent because it's extremely rare you see players who aren't high completion passers who also don't throw INT's. Here are a few of the starting QB's with completion percentages like Freeman's.

Freeman: 422 pass attempts, 54.7%, 8 INT
Luck: 537 pass attempts, 54.9%, 18 INT
Sanchez: 390 pass attempts, 55.4%, 13 INT
Weeden: 463 pass attempts, 57.0%, 15 INT
Tannehill: 396 pass attempts, 57.3%, 12 INT

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS OFFENSIVE GAME GRADES VS. PHILLY « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools