Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Better Off Without Talib « previous next »
Page: 1

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
: November 02, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Before I post the stats I know the quality of opponents and quarterbacks were no where near as tough, but either way numbers don't lie.

With Talib this season the Bucs started 1-3 giving up 1,419 yards through the air in 4 games.
Without Talib this season the Bucs are 2-1  giving up 808 yards through the air in 3 games.

Now obviously there is an extra game so you could say one shouldn't count. You might be tempted to take away the one where we gave up the most yards, but remember that game where we gave up the most yards was mostly all on Talib. Nicks destroyed him even though he wasn't close to 100%. So in that case I should say it should count.

His contract is out at the end of the season and all he did was get into trouble while he was here. Getting a 4th round for him could be called a steal by some considering he probably wasn't going to be re-signed anyways. Just wanted to throw all this out there because I have seen a lot of Bucs fans mad about the trade which I personally don't see why, but there are the numbers.

smithcar

Starter

#1 : November 02, 2012, 01:34:09 PM

Great trade in my opinion.  We now have an extra pick to work with for next year.  We couldn't have given Talib away three months ago.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : December 10, 2012, 01:43:16 PM

he might have made a difference yesterday

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 10, 2012, 01:44:46 PM

he might have made a difference yesterday
Definitely maybe

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JohnBuc06

Starter

#4 : December 10, 2012, 01:58:50 PM

The thing thats a joke is that the Bucs knew it was very possible Wright was going to be suspended as well so they essentially threw away any chance at a respectable pass D this year by trading Talib right in the middle a playoff push.  Now that the Wright suspension has happened we're free to dump him without any salary cap hits -  why hasn't that happened?  Remember this is the same guy who missed OTA's and chunks of training camps and practices with "personal issues".  You send a message by dumping Talib, essentially knowingly weakening the team, but you keep Wright on the books for the same thing?  Dump him and use that money next year to bring in another FA CB to pair with your draft class.

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

#5 : December 10, 2012, 02:37:52 PM

The thing thats a joke is that the Bucs knew it was very possible Wright was going to be suspended as well so they essentially threw away any chance at a respectable pass D this year by trading Talib right in the middle a playoff push.  Now that the Wright suspension has happened we're free to dump him without any salary cap hits -  why hasn't that happened?  Remember this is the same guy who missed OTA's and chunks of training camps and practices with "personal issues".  You send a message by dumping Talib, essentially knowingly weakening the team, but you keep Wright on the books for the same thing?  Dump him and use that money next year to bring in another FA CB to pair with your draft class.
It sucks but he had to go. He's not a bad guy it seems but was just too much trouble. What if got in trouble again after the suspension than everyone would want schianos head.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 10, 2012, 02:42:20 PM

We're definitely not better off without him, he was our best secondary player. He made us a better team, but we couldn't trust him and he couldn't follow the rules so he had to go. We need guys on this team who are committed to this team and unfortunately we've had to clear out several people that could have potentially made us better in the short term with an eye on the long term.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#7 : December 10, 2012, 03:24:15 PM

We're definitely not better off without him, he was our best secondary player. He made us a better team, but we couldn't trust him and he couldn't follow the rules so he had to go. We need guys on this team who are committed to this team and unfortunately we've had to clear out several people that could have potentially made us better in the short term with an eye on the long term.

Nice post.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 10, 2012, 04:01:53 PM

if you cant trust a guy then hes not a good player. just sayin. good players dont do retarded **CENSORED** like talib did

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 10, 2012, 04:11:43 PM

With Talib it was always something. A 4th round pick should be a player who can contribute right away, if not start. Wright hasn't impressed me at all. I hope the Bucs dump him and just move on. I trust the team to find suitable players who have sense enough to stick to the rules.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 10, 2012, 04:36:58 PM

4th round picks generally do not contribute right away and starting is a long shot.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 10, 2012, 07:36:17 PM

I said at the time and will say again that the trade of Talib was a move based off money, and receiving value for a guy we werent planning on resigning.

He was by far our best corner and for someone to say we were better off without him,were clearly just looking at stats and saying "hey, we got less yards when he was injured" or what ever cacamainy story I was told

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#12 : December 10, 2012, 11:46:19 PM

During his time with the Bucs this season the secondary sucked.  No change.  We don't need the thug. 

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 11, 2012, 12:10:38 AM

During his time with the Bucs this season the secondary sucked.  No change.  We don't need the thug.

but so did the defensive line, and at least he did have games where he played great. He single-handedly shut down Greg Jennings last year, and was the only corner to do so.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 11, 2012, 12:20:24 AM

I agree it was a bad time to can talib. But honestly, how do we know he wouldn't fudge up the second he's off suspension? The guy wasn't playing great football before he was traded. Although, obviously anything would be better than this.

Still, I'm glad he's gone. He was the "pac-man" of the buccaneers. All the talent in the world, teeny-tiny little brain. If there is one thing good about this season, besides signing nicks and Jackson, it's that we're done with talib and his messes.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Better Off Without Talib « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools