Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: no one to blame but our secondary « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

freddy

Hall of Famer
#90 : December 10, 2012, 12:51:13 PM

In Doug Martin's defense, the OL was a large reason the team lost and Martin had over 125 yards rushing.

DOH! Nuclear Burn!

Nice find You Mad.

You are sharp as a tack.

I think you're wining him over:

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/sharp+as+a+tack

(as) sharp as a tack
very intelligent "He may be old in years, but he's still as sharp as a tack and knows what he's talking about. "
See also: sharp, tack

Gentlemen, please stop, I'm splitting a gut laughing.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#91 : December 10, 2012, 12:51:48 PM

In Doug Martin's defense, the OL was a large reason the team lost and Martin had over 125 yards rushing.

DOH! Nuclear Burn!

Nice find You Mad.

You are sharp as a tack.

I think you're wining him over:

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/sharp+as+a+tack

(as) sharp as a tack
very intelligent "He may be old in years, but he's still as sharp as a tack and knows what he's talking about. "
See also: sharp, tack

He's still lost.  I'll need to get out the crayons and construction paper soon.

JohnBuc06

Starter

#92 : December 10, 2012, 01:52:37 PM

I think that Black, Johnson and Gaitor all have potential and should be on the team, along with Wright and Barron... but they aren't supposed to be guarding #1 and #2 receivers. That's point. We need 2 talented corners. NOW

The safety position is more of a concern the CB.

Man re-watching some of the game and it's just horrible how open these Eagle recievers are.  I believe we are watching the absolute worst Buccaneer defensive backfield in the history of the franchise (even back to 0-26).  We've all seen developing players go through their growing pains ...even the great ones (Lynch, Barber, Kelly, etc), but never have we've been forced to watch the whole DB unit go through growing pains at the same time as you're dealing with a 7th round pick, a bunch of street free agents, one high pick rookie (Barron), and an aging vet playing a new position out of desperation.  I'm sorry blame Freeman, Oline, McCoy, coaching, scheme, etc all you want but if this unit was just below average we're probably at least 8-5 right now.

gone

Hall of Famer
#93 : December 10, 2012, 03:22:43 PM

As I posted in another thread, why on earth did the DB push the receiver off of him on the play before the spike to stop the clock with 2 seconds to go?  Had he held on to him for 3 or 4 seconds they wouldn't have had time to get the spike play in.  A well trained DB knows that they need to do that in a situation like that.

He was probably sitting that drill out to work on getting proper placement of this toes on the line for warmups.

watson

Hall of Famer
#94 : December 10, 2012, 05:53:47 PM

As I posted in another thread, why on earth did the DB push the receiver off of him on the play before the spike to stop the clock with 2 seconds to go?  Had he held on to him for 3 or 4 seconds they wouldn't have had time to get the spike play in.  A well trained DB knows that they need to do that in a situation like that.

He was probably sitting that drill out to work on getting proper placement of this toes on the line for warmups.
sounds about right.  As I've said earlier....not impressed with Cooper as the DB coach.  He was not that great here at SC IMO.....and his DBs are the weakest link on the defense

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: no one to blame but our secondary « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools