Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An early look at the offseason QB market « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 11, 2012, 06:41:14 AM

Not one of those guys would I rather have than Freeman at QB.

Now, if They were to try to draft "Johnny football," then I'd be ok with that.
in the 2014 draft when he is eligible ?

Can't he choose to this offseason? I don't actually follow the rules and regulations of the college game. Just watch the talent when I can.

If not, by then we would know 100% if Freeman's the guy (contract), or Schiano can't find a journeyman worthy to be a legitimate #1.
No.  He must wait until his class has finished its' Junior year of college.  Since he is a Red Shirt Freshman he will be eligible at the end of next season.

Thanks. That clears it up.

That might be the best time for us if he did. Freeman's contract and possibly the whole group gets canned if they tank next season.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 11, 2012, 08:28:20 AM

this list proves why all of you need to shut the hell up and quit **CENSORED**ing about freeman. there is literally nobody out there that you could replace him with. if you want to make a change then you better be content with being a worse team. he isnt playing great but hes waaaayyyyy better than the other options

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 11, 2012, 08:46:16 AM

Does Matt Flynn have a good deep ball?

If so, I think he'd be OK with fighting for a starting job vs. Freeman.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 11, 2012, 08:56:47 AM

this list proves why all of you need to shut the hell up and quit **CENSORED**ing about freeman. there is literally nobody out there that you could replace him with. if you want to make a change then you better be content with being a worse team. he isnt playing great but hes waaaayyyyy better than the other options

none of those guys have as much potential as freeman, or are even as good as freeman.  but would you take a matt flynn or alex smith if he came with a jarvis jones and zach ertz?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 11, 2012, 02:20:00 PM

none of those guys have as much potential as freeman, or are even as good as freeman.  but would you take a matt flynn or alex smith if he came with a jarvis jones and zach ertz?

no only because those two dont fit our offense at all and wed have to start over once again. flynn can play in a dink and dunk scheme and smith can be good in a power scheme like the 49ers run with a strong run game and great TE play coupled with great defense. id just draft jarvis jones or ertz and plug them in.

NovaBuc

Starter

#20 : December 11, 2012, 02:42:44 PM

I would not mind seeing Hasselbeck here to maybe serve as a mentor/back up. Other than Leftwich, there hasn't been a veteran QB on the team to act as a sort of second QB coach. Of course, not sure Hasselbeck would want to do that.

If we had to draft a QB this year, I'm not sure there is one that I'd be all that excited about. Manziel isn't eligible and I don't buy that he's 6' 1", maybe Klein,  McCarron or Smith from WVA but I don't see any of them as a lock to be successful in the NFL, really don't know of any smaller school QBs that look like good prospects either. I think based on the talent at QB in the draft this year, we need Freeman for at least one more year. Might as well get a vet to back him up if there are no good options to be found in the draft.

Oh, and where is the article on free agent corners? That's where the Bucs need to be looking at every available option.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : December 11, 2012, 02:49:42 PM

Blakley

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 11, 2012, 03:12:54 PM

There is nobody on that list that's an upgrade over Freeman. Nova is right, post a list or start a thread about free agent corners.  That's the team's biggest need right now.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 11, 2012, 03:18:42 PM

There is nobody on that list that's an upgrade over Freeman. Nova is right, post a list or start a thread about free agent corners.  That's the team's biggest need right now.

There is. But for some reason people didn't bump. Maybe it was a "no duh" moment?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#24 : December 11, 2012, 03:25:25 PM

If somehow this organization moves on from Freeman, which it won't, I'll only be ok if they brought in Flynn, that's it. The other guys are garbage, Flynn has potential. With that said, we're resigning Freeman, and I'm willing to give him time.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An early look at the offseason QB market « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools